• Brad hill

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Darcy

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I did say in any way concerning and am aware that he is not going to give anything away even if he did know;it was a counterweight to meima's disappointment that D.Pearce was a lock for all rounds.
I actually don't mind d.Pearce playing all round of afl , but I really don't see the benefits playing him in JLT. JLT is not the real thing . best chance for the kids to learn alongside fyfe ,mundy,Neale without too much pressure or throw them into wolves.

Yeah Darcy and Logue seem most likely but there are others who may get a taste.
It'll be a year of calculated experimentation in a number of areas you'd imagine.

I actually don't mind d.Pearce playing all round of afl , but I really don't see the benefits playing him in JLT. JLT is not the real thing . best chance for the kids to learn alongside fyfe ,mundy,Neale without too much pressure or throw them into wolves.
"We don't gift games"
"We use the preseason as rehearsal for round 1"
"We have a lot of new recruits that will take time to gel"

Play the kids if they deserve it. Otherwise they can just wait til Peel start up! We finished 3rd last last year - I want B22 in JLT. Take nothing for granted. We haven't earned the right to flirt with form. We need every last minute of practice before the Geelong game. If an oldie breaks down in JLT - that's better than in round one. Carry him off and enter a kid.

Plus we won 3 preseason games last year - almost as many as the real thing. Imagine if we lost those too! We need to learn how to win again - even against undermanned teams. Be ruthless. Win by 20 goals - learn to put teams away - something we have never done. Kids can play when they're men. It's a mans game. Except the women's league. That's not a mans game.

Bring on the footy! Bring on AFLW. Bring on JLT. Bring on WAFL. And bring on the AFL!!!!!! :D:D

When coaching staff are asked questions they give the media a answer like Webb saying the draftees will be given time to adapt etc they can't reply with the draftees will play all games going into round one lol that would be a silly answer. There is no pressure on the new blokes but that doesn't mean they won't get a game in the pre season yet alone the proper one

It's abit of a balance I think meima. Senior players need the game time before heading into round 1 whilst tempering that with exposing some of the youth to the level. Realistically there may be one or two of the rookies you might chuck in for half a game out of the 3, but there's not much sense in playing the kids who are most likely to play the year out at Peel. Logue may be the exception, perhaps Darcy might get some good minutes too given Clarke and Griff's injuries.

Their time will come if they are good enough, and they would be better off finding the conditioning and continuing to bed down the game plan and off field routines with a view to building their game in the WAFL, no sense in overexposing them before they are anywhere near ready. There's always next year for the likes of Strnadica, Duman etc.

The intra club match will give a good indication of who might line up in the pre season games. Hopefully after that we all get a bit of a indicator of who out of the young guys in that who stand out get a crack against the other mob. Maybe there will be a surprise stand out. Feb is a good month it might be pre season games but it's still pretty exciting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back