Training Pre season. Next up a VFL practice game v Williamstown at Arden St 10.30am Sat 17th Mar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Williams was in the Gold Coast academy. So yes I'm interested in how he's doing. Hope nothing but the best for him.

FWIW I spent about 5 mins talking to Josh while he was entertaining my kids at the family day the club had recently and he was a great kid to talk to. He seemed to have no illlusions about what he needed to do to make the grade (ie work his arse off, especially at contested ball,) who he was competing with for a spot and seemed keen to do the necessary work so that's a positive.

FWIW I spent about 5 mins talking to Josh while he was entertaining my kids at the family day the club had recently and he was a great kid to talk to. He seemed to have no illlusions about what he needed to do to make the grade (ie work his arse off, especially at contested ball,) who he was competing with for a spot and seemed keen to do the necessary work so that's a positive.
I, too, really like JWil.

I just think he has a lot of athletic traits matched with the required game knowledge and skills to make the grade. I think he has that intangible 'it.'

I liked how he was known for his electric pace in the VFL, yet when he played seniors he didn't have many opportunities to make use of it, so he had to adapt, remain composed and use the ball well, which I think he did. That debut showed a lot of maturity from such a young, inexperienced guy imo.

I, too, really like JWil.

I just think he has a lot of athletic traits matched with the required game knowledge and skills to make the grade. I think he has that intangible 'it.'

I liked how he was known for his electric pace in the VFL, yet when he played seniors he didn't have many opportunities to make use of it, so he had to adapt, remain composed and use the ball well, which I think he did. That debut showed a lot of maturity from such a young, inexperienced guy imo.

I agree he seems "switched on".

He said he liked high jump and was okay at it as a junior as well. I'd love to see a tall, marking, running wingman ripping it up for North.

Just interested in Ahern , was said to be a jet - how is he coming along after missing last season due to injury - any chance of playing in the first round.

Just interested in Ahern , was said to be a jet - how is he coming along after missing last season due to injury - any chance of playing in the first round.

Many of us think he's a big chance for round 1. He has 2 JLT games to grab a spot.

An extra Rd1 spot has opened for him, too :thumbsdown:

Many of us think he's a big chance for round 1. He has 2 JLT games to grab a spot.

An extra Rd1 spot has opened for him, too :thumbsdown:
It will be good if he becomes a good player after doing his ACL , will be a shrewd trade by the Roos to get a high draft pick from GWS - Saints did the same with Freeman and I hope he makes it this year

It will be good if he becomes a good player after doing his ACL , will be a shrewd trade by the Roos to get a high draft pick from GWS - Saints did the same with Freeman and I hope he makes it this year
No luck with Freeman:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading the article from St Kilda, it doesn't seem as bad as whst the tweet makes it sound.

They're deciding whether to operate to clean up scar tissue.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

The continual issues hes having reminds me of Kieran Harper.

Played the AFLX comp, wasn't overly flashy but was solid.

Was a good re-debut for someone who had spent 2 years out of the game with ACL barely attached. Big long kicks, solid speed and decent enough game sense.

JLT vs Melbourne at Kingston Twin Ovals is being sold as General Admission @ $20 for an Adult.

Isn't JLT usually like $10 bucks?
If the AFL want to grow the game so badly, then why do they charge to a gate fee for AFLX and JLT?

Doesn't anyone know how far off Alex Morgan is from full fitness? Seemed to be tracking pretty well, and no official club word but apparently he hurt his quad? Would like to see him in action this weekend...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back