Preview Pre season match v Hawks March 6th @arden street 4:10pm

a win for the people

as long as they let us in (and assuming my membership will get me in)
Membership? Will the online thingamebobs be online by then? I will just pay cash at the Fogarty St turnstiles next to the Social Club.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I want to see...

Backline of Tarrant, Corr, McDonald, McKay, Ziebell, Atley & Young.
Keen to see how this 6/7 go without the additional talk in J.Walker back there. Need Atley to play on the smalls, as we were really at risk when the ball hit the deck in D50 against the saints.

Midfield of Goldstein, Cunnington, LDU, Simpkin, Phillips, Hayden & Powell rotating through.
Very keen to see how this midfield goes with inclusions of Goldstein, Cunnington & LDU. Don’t need to see anymore from Tyson and Hall, would rather look at Phillips and Hayden again in pure midfield roles.

Forward line of Larkey, J.Walker, Taylor, Zurhaar, Lazarro, Atu, Turner, Spicer rotating through.
J.Walker to provide some physical support to Larkey. 2 additional smalls to see how the forward line dynamic looks with more smalls.

Utilities of Stephenson & Thomas rotating wing & forward (TT also back).
Absolutely loved these two against the Saints in this role.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I want to see...

Keen to see how this 6/7 go without the additional talk in J.Walker back there. Need Atley to play on the smalls, as we were really at risk when the ball hit the deck in D50 against the saints.

Midfield of Goldstein, Cunnington, LDU, Simpkin, Phillips, Hayden & Powell rotating through.
Very keen to see how this midfield goes with inclusions of Goldstein, Cunnington & LDU. Don’t need to see anymore from Tyson and Hall, would rather look at Phillips and Hayden again in pure midfield roles.

Forward line of Larkey, J.Walker, Taylor, Zurhaar, Lazarro, Atu, Turner, Spicer rotating through.
J.Walker to provide some physical support to Larkey. 2 additional smalls to see how the forward line dynamic looks with more smalls.

You might have to punt a couple of those for Scott and Polec unless we have 8 on the bench.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’d be sending one of Taz or McKay forward. 12 months of being too tall in defence and one practice game this year proves it. We don’t need 3 tall defenders even if they can play on smalls. Preference would be Taz just to free him up Mentally. Let the backline settle and start giving our kids something to kick to who isn’t Larkey.

Perez(when fit), Hayden and Thomas needs to go back to provide some athleticism and dash.

There were glimpses from Young but he is behind those 3 IMO.

Also need to get Philips in there, he couldn’t possibly make more mistakes than Hall or Atley.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
We won't wipe the floor with them. And it won't be a long decade.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

When has a North preseason team ever realistically set out to put near to a best 33 side on the park and win a preseason match?

The Denis Pagan era?

Look for traits in the youngsters and of the evolving game plan. Expect a lot more kick & mark from defence, then run & gun from the midfield.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
When has a North preseason team ever realistically set out to put near to a best 33 side on the park and win a preseason match?

The Denis Pagan era?

Look for traits in the youngsters and of the evolving game plan. Expect a lot more kick & mark from defence, then run & gun from the midfield.

We were pretty strong in preseasons under both Pagan and Laidley.

Laidley's first preseason game was a 60pt thumping of * in the Wizard Cup of whatever it was called in 2003.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I want to see...

Good post almost exactly my thoughts too.

I wouldn't mind another look at Tyson to see if/how he can work in with Cunnington at all. I'm not sold on Tom.

Atu or Spicer - I really want a small forward with outright closing speed in there. Kayne runs hard in the role but doesn't have the agility and pace of those 2. Someone like Zurhaar could really capitalise with an angry ant creating opportunities around him.

Either of them in a Byron Pickett style "make the rebounding defender soil themselves" role would make things interesting.

Back