pre-season matches confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

You wish, you just know I'm right and can't back down. :D :p ;)

You can keep saying it all you want but one of the hardest struggling teams in the comp getting zero exposure in their home market is absurd.

If Brisbane fans want to whinge about the appalling lack of leadership and direction in its administration, the substandard training facilities and shithouse fitness standards at the club, knock yourselves out.

If they want to complain about their rubbish on field leadership, and lack of attention to best practice, go for your lives.

All things that actually should be complained about.

Bitching and moaning about not getting a game in Brisbane for a set of practice games, particularly when your home ground is unavailable, and considering the sweetheart draw it is given to start the season? That's the point where you've reached whiny little victim mentality bitch.

After complaining about the amount of travel West Coast had to do last preseason the club requested to avoid travel during this preseason. Looks like the AFL heard the request and took it onboard by making us travel further than any other team this preseason.
Lesson - The AFL values your feedback.

Not at all it's trivial compensation for thè fact we are the most often travelles club in the league. Would be ok with with WA clubs complaining becuase their's is more arduous. Can't take a Melbourne club complaining about intersate travel seriously.

It was a statement of fact without comment. Your pre-emptive sob story is unnecessary.

No, I called it pre-emptive. Very different.
Too wierd for me. If you dont get that a response would contain different words I dont want to talk to you anymore. I dont recall any value in previous discussions either, so you're on my ignore list

Too wierd for me. If you dont get that a response would contain different words I dont want to talk to you anymore. I dont recall any value in previous discussions either, so you're on my ignore list

That is an atrocity against syntax and logic. You said I called you presumptive when I said your response was pre-emptive. They're two different concepts, Chomsky. As thrilling as it has been having you quote me randomly and make a dick of yourself, I'm not opposed to you utilising the ignore button.

i really miss having a cup on the line

should have the QCLash and Freo v Ess in a qualifier round (bottom 4 sides from last year), then 16 team elimination from then on

Week 1
SAT 640
FRE V ESS - GERALDTON
SUN 320
GC V BRI - MERRIMAC

Week 2
THU 740
COL V CAR - ES
FRI 740
HAW V GEE - YP
SAT 105
GWS V WCE - NARRENDERA
SAT 340
WB V MEL - WO
SAT 615
STK V PA - ES
SAT 850
GC V FRE - MS
SUN 205
SYD V NM - CH
SUN 440
RIC V ADE - ES

Week 3
FRI 850
WCE V WB - DS
SAT 110
COL V HAW - MOE
SAT 410
ADE V SYD - HO
SUN 320
PA V GC - MOUNT GAMBIER

Week 4
FRI 740
WB V HAW - ES
SAT 320
ADE V PA - RO

Week 5
SAT 740
HAW V ADE - ES

Last edited:
Regarding Brisbane.

With the Gabba out of action...where do people think games should be played in Brisbane?

Are there any 10K capacity football grounds with decent standard surfaces not being used for cricket at that time of year?

I have no idea, but I'm guessing there aren't a lot of options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regarding Brisbane.

With the Gabba out of action...where do people think games should be played in Brisbane?

Are there any 10K capacity football grounds with decent standard surfaces not being used for cricket at that time of year?

I have no idea, but I'm guessing there aren't a lot of options.
The last 2 years we have played at burpingery or however you spell it in tge northern suburbs of Bris

"JLT Community Series" Who's going to call it that? At least "NAB Cup" sounded good.

Knew a name change was imminent as AFL.com.au was referring to it as the "AFL Preseason Competition" in the weeks leading up to this announcement.
jilted cup!

Wouldn't mind seeing a lightning premiership of sorts done over 2 days in Melbourne featuring the 10 Vic sides plus 6 of the 8 non-Vic sides.

The 2 lowest finishing non Vic sides from different states from the previous year sit it out.
ex. Brisbane and Fremantle don't fly over to Melbourne. Instead, they play a practice match amongst themselves independently in WA or QLD.

Games are 20 minute halves, siren not sounded at the end of the second half if there is a tie, until the deadlock is broken (next score wins).

Saturday - 3 games each at Whitten Oval, Arden Street, Princes Park and Punt Road
Game start times at 2:10, 3:25 and 4:40 at each ground.
Winners of the first 2 games play off in the venue final in the 4:40 game.

Bulldogs play their game(s) at Whitten Oval, North at Arden St., Carlton at Princes Park, Richmond at Punt Road

Sunday - 3 games at Etihad Stadium featuring the venue final winners from each of the 4 Saturday venues.
Game start times at 2:10, 3:25 and 4:40. Winners of the first 2 games (Semi Finals) play off in the GF at 4:40.

Last edited:
Wouldn't mind seeing a lightning premiership of sorts done over 2 days in Melbourne featuring the 10 Vic sides plus 6 of the 8 non-Vic sides.

The 2 lowest finishing non Vic sides from different states from the previous year sit it out.
ex. Brisbane and Fremantle don't fly over to Melbourne. Instead, they play a practice match amongst themselves independently in WA or QLD.

Games are 20 minute halves, siren not sounded at the end of the second half if there is a tie, until the deadlock is broken (next score wins).

Saturday - 3 games each at Whitten Oval, Arden Street, Princes Park and Punt Road
Game start times at 2:10, 3:25 and 4:40 at each ground.
Winners of the first 2 games play off in the venue final in the 4:40 game.

Bulldogs play their game(s) at Whitten Oval, North at Arden St., Carlton at Princes Park, Richmond at Punt Road

Sunday - 3 games at Etihad Stadium featuring the venue final winners from each of the 4 Saturday venues.
Game start times at 2:10, 3:25 and 4:40. Winners of the first 2 games (Semi Finals) play off in the GF at 4:40.

Runs into the usual problem most such suggestions have.

While the fans might like it, it misses the entire reason for the pre season games....Preparing players for the actual season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back