Game Day Pre-Season R1 v. Fitzroy (also Review Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rozee was just sublime. Every time he touched the ball something happened. His evasiveness in traffic is something I’ve never seen before. He will be the best player in the AFL in two years time. We have uncovered potentially the best player to ever play for Port. I don’t feel I am overreacting at all either, he is just that good.

If you can provide evidence of your claim please do so as several others have agreed they heard what I did.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
They were talking about the new SPP role, and saying he is playing the role that a number of players have played, as they were mentioning names the play started to hot up, and Brown chipped in with "and Sam Gray" an that was the end of the conversation.

I am not going to rewatch it to find it ... if you want to, you can. And mate, please never use other BF posters' opinions as your expert backup, worth a pinch of salt.

Rozee was just sublime. Every time he touched the ball something happened. His evasiveness in traffic is something I’ve never seen before. He will be the best player in the AFL in two years time. We have uncovered potentially the best player to ever play for Port. I don’t feel I am overreacting at all either, he is just that good.
My daughters say he's very easy on the eye. To watch him live his burst of speed is "wow" stuff. Glad we moved heaven n earth to get him.

Btw am I the only one who thought that late hit on him should've been looked at?

He was also fast, an exquisite reader of play, strong through the core, and has those SOS Inspector Gadget arms.

Our tallest actual defender is none of those things, and is listed as 193cms.

When it comes to the crunch, and it has on innumerable occasions in the past, we’re too small/weak down back.

Some people get high on Clurey because he occasionally spoils the ball or doesn't get beaten in a contest. Reality is that he's a very ordinary defender, you could pluck 50 guys out of state leagues and give them the years in the system he's had and they'd be just as good.

Some people get high on Clurey because he occasionally spoils the ball or doesn't get beaten in a contest. Reality is that he's a very ordinary defender, you could pluck 50 guys out of state leagues and give them the years in the system he's had and they'd be just as good.

I wouldn't go that far, he's AFL quality, but he's not elite either. In a premiership quality backline he'd be the third tall, not the #1 guy.

He is special. This will be his defining year IMO. He will cop a lot of attention, and if he can handle it, and improve on last year, there will be no stopping him!

The moment for me was when he was outbodied easily by Charlie Cameron in a one-on-one, Round 3 2018.

Sure he pulls out the odd quality performance like the oft-cited one against Hawkins last year, but so does every generic first team AFL player.

Harsh

"50 guys out of state leagues ... just as good" .... o_O

This is why I rate BF opinions in general, as worth a pound of horse manure!

I mean, it is, but it’s ballpark.

Contrast to Geelong plucking mature-age Tom Stewart from obscurity a few years ago.

Just a run-of-the-mill readymade All-Australian caliber backman we’d kill for.

"50 guys out of state leagues ... just as good" .... o_O

This is why I rate BF opinions in general, as worth a pound of horse manure!

Well most things posted probably look like bullshit when you remove 80% of the sentence, taking it out of context, but play on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope!

Why are you talking like spoiling the ball and not getting beat in the contest isn't important for a defender?

Last edited:
I wouldn't go that far, he's AFL quality, but he's not elite either. In a premiership quality backline he'd be the third tall, not the #1 guy.

I think today even the third tall needs more weapons. And I really like Clurey

Would walk into every other AFL team's Backline. Yes, including Richmond.
The amount of mindless rubbish that gets written on here is astonishing.

He would be fine (although how the * does a 26yr old key defender who come to the club as a stocky little unit only have 80games to his name thanks Hinkley)

but at 193cms and as a workmanlike good but not great fb pairing him with a 189cm, workmanlike good but not great Jonas is a horrible pairing.

ideally we would fix that, but at 26 any key defender we draft from 2021 onwards will be lucky to play alongside clurey for more than a couple of games.

Well most things posted probably look like bullshit when you remove 80% of the sentence, taking it out of context, but play on.
Nothing taken out of context mate, I just highlighted the idiocy of it. Look! You are entitled to your opinion, I have some dumb ones too, but by geez if you post dumb crap like that on a public forum, you are going to get called out on it.

My grandson wants to put #2 on his new PB guernsey. One problem he’s not sure he’ll be at Port next year. I tell him no way that’s going to happen!
Peps might be rough with flaws but he's an un-cut unpolished diamond all the same.

Houston in the guts Peps forward has me wondering whether Hinks is calling the shots or we're finally getting some brain power in the coaching group.

Either way I think I know who'll be taking the credit.

Nah mate, it was just a bad call

Coming from you was a surprise especially when I read your Doogie appraisals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back