Game Day Pre-Season R1 v. Fitzroy (also Review Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ladhams seems to not be judging the throwins and ball ups. Worried about short and crooked throwins. And unable to move the BNE rucks around.

basically BNE just hit it to Neale at stoppage bit minimal bodywork or tagging on him.

Rich also been left to run free - I hope if this was the real season he’d get more attention.

I really thought Westhoff was gonna play as the 7th defende this year? But perhaps with Lycett out he has Ladhams role...?

So far you can say we will be playing a more direct brand of football this year which will be helpful for our forward conversions.
Conversely we have missed some simple targets by foot and hand. Goal kicking again is also below standard. Skill levels once again will probably be amongst the worst in the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ball movement was better in that quarter (marginally) but everything keeps breaking down when we enter the forward 50. If our forwards have been working together really well in the pre season, I'm not seeing it yet - they just get in each others' way.

Love Georgiades' workrate - he's working his arse off to get to contests.

Butters looking great - looks like he has so much more time than everyone else when he has the ball.

Concur with others re Ebert, Rockliff and Westhoff. They don't cut it anymore, so phase them out.

Positives: our defence, SPP forward, Duursma/Butters/Rozee, Dixon.
Negatives: Rockliff is entirely useless at this stage, our forward 50 conversion is abysmal still, Marshall is not looking like improving, Houston looks a little lost in the middle,

Marshall was great in the intraclub, awful today.
True. I'm tempering my reaction/criticism by trying to keep in mind that he's had a port forward jump into him when he has chosen to contest a mark and swirly conditions like described can play havoc on many a forward there hasn't been a whole lot of long distance marks taken by either team, especially contested.

On radio Tredders and Timmy were saying in the first qtr that Lions bullied us out of the contests and dominated clearances and tackles. Have Port improved this 2nd quarter in those areas?

Sounds like Jonas is playing like the sole #1 at last. Hard and tough - good to hear!

Do people here think Ebert has [assed his best? Sad if true.

Rocky really is just an SANFL player these days and depth only at AFL level (probably has been for the past two years tbh).

Who have impressed you most today?

I dont reckon we were bullied out, just looked rusty, needed time to pick up the familiar positioning, movement etc aat game speed. Brisbane definitely havent gone at 100% this game.

Id have mots as bog so far, but pep, butters and rozee have looked good. A few of our midfielders are having one to forget, and todds having one of the worst games ive seen him have.

Not as convinced on mckenzie yet as some others here seem to be

Remove this Banner Ad

Back