Opinion Pre-Season Reports - Houses collapse everywhere due to volume & intensity of training

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah I was referring to the Melbourne players. No one except Viney showed anything today (form-wise or recovery from injury), by the sound of it.

Yeah sort of, Clark did a few things that were really impressive, there was passage of play during the third in the forward pocket where he moved the ball and beat multiple opponets on the boundary line, keeping the ball in and setting up a scoring shot that the casey players just didn't have the class to finalise, it was eye-opening to say the least, he did look a bit rusty for a lot of the game though but mainly in his decision making, 9 months out of it is to be expected he got better as the game progressed and I expect that will be the theme with the first few rounds of the year as well.
Trengove was a bit the same but was pulled off the ground so much that he never really got a chance to show a huge amount, what he did was solid though, he looked faster which is what you want from him after last year.
I mean half of the Melbourne boys out there have never played a game, so you take what you see with a grain of salt

I didn't mention it before but the Melbourne players were pulled off the game as the last quarter progressed. Most of them were in the rooms by the twenty minute mark of the fourth.

Nah I was referring to the Melbourne players. No one except Viney showed anything today (form-wise or recovery from injury), by the sound of it.
They got out of it exactly what was required, for most it was simply a chance to blow off the cobwebs and prove their fitness, which they did, job done.
Those that went in with " injury clouds " all got through with no apparent hindrance, however will not know for sure until they all wake up pain free today, but they all seemed to finish yesterday in good order and will be better for the run.
Would not surprise if Clark, Blease, Viney and Trengove finish up playing Port given they all pull up okay.

I really don't think all of those 3 guys returning from injury would play. Maybe Clark and one of Blease or Trengove as the sub.

Hoping Kent doesn't get rubbed out. Thought he was as strong chance for a go in Round 1.

Casey apparently coming back in a low scoring affair today, high disposals to a few of our boys. Would love some news from someone at the game.
Just on that, anyone willing to share some details on the Casey game feel free to start a new thread.

I understand your point about the kicking but, seriously, you're making far too much of it. So they couldn't Dave Hughes for a bit of fun? Doesn't worry me in the slightest. I'll be worried when we can't hit a target consistently on the field once the real stuff begins. Until then I'm not putting any stock in what they did with Hughes.

Are you worried now CFH? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back