Training Pre season. Next up a VFL practice game v Williamstown at Arden St 10.30am Sat 17th Mar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Literally cut down a tree with their bare hands? Impossible. Unless the tree was really small and spindly. Then - what’s the point? That defeats the purpose of the effort required to cut down said tree with their hands.

You couldn’t literally cut down a large tree with your hands though. And just putting the word literally into what is a figurative statement does not make that statement more meangjngful. Shits me when people do that.

I agree.

I'd like McKay to take the big key forward
Durdin at CHB
Nielson as the third tall, interceptor role like Rance does.

Positives are that Nielson and EVW add so much flexibility to our backline. Very bullish about our future backline.
There is Watson long term as well. Great intercept mark, good spoiler, kick and rebounder. Not sure long term if he is best suited to a 3rd tall or key defense and we won't know next year.

I'd like Ben to be groomed and playing forward. Has the tools to be elite. Tom Lynch like.

With Nielson, Durdin, Watson and EVW there is a bit to play with. A lot of versatility and intercept marking. Just need one of them to become stronger to take over from Taz and take the big key forward.

Brown, McKay, Wood and Larkey forward for the medium to long term.

Really interesting to see what is done with our key position players over the next two years.

Durdin 100% prefers to play in defence - that has been stated many times, and his form is reflective of that (despite a couple purple patches up forward).

McKay - I've read mixed things, some have said he prefers key forward, some say the opposite. Not enough exposure to make an absolute certain call of where he plays better though.

Brad has stated that he sees them as key position players who can play at both end. How do we feel about this?

I'm of the opinion that you stick with a position where a player is naturally more comfortable - and that years of switching back and forth can hinder development (see Lachie Hansen).

Really interesting to see what is done with our key position players over the next two years.

Durdin 100% prefers to play in defence - that has been stated many times, and his form is reflective of that (despite a couple purple patches up forward).

McKay - I've read mixed things, some have said he prefers key forward, some say the opposite. Not enough exposure to make an absolute certain call of where he plays better though.

Brad has stated that he sees them as key position players who can play at both end. How do we feel about this?

I'm of the opinion that you stick with a position where a player is naturally more comfortable - and that years of switching back and forth can hinder development (see Lachie Hansen).
I feel like it’s important to try them at both ends early in their career, like Bolton is doing with Weitering who is clearly better down back. Ultimately I see McKay as a forward and Durdin as a defender, but it would be handy if they could go to the other hand if it’s ever needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Play them where ever they play their best footy, if they both end up guns in the same area so be it. If we can’t play both trade one out. Only concerned about them being good enough, if one is, great, if both are, we’re set however it falls.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/te...n/news-story/409f878ef66d4516af81925ebdb9b441

NORTH MELBOURNE

UNLIKE some of their Aussie teammates, North Melbourne’s International Rules representatives returned to training with their respective clubs on Monday.

Shaun Higgins, Ben Brown and Robbie Tarrant were all at Arden Street for the Monday morning session, as was coach Brad Scott, who was an assistant to twin brother Chris for the IRS series.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/te...n/news-story/409f878ef66d4516af81925ebdb9b441

NORTH MELBOURNE

UNLIKE some of their Aussie teammates, North Melbourne’s International Rules representatives returned to training with their respective clubs on Monday.

Shaun Higgins, Ben Brown and Robbie Tarrant were all at Arden Street for the Monday morning session, as was coach Brad Scott, who was an assistant to twin brother Chris for the IRS series.

Some incredible IP Brad brought back with him too.

Expect a big emphasis during preseason on low kicks for goal to avoid attacks ending in overs.

giphy.gif

I must admit I had to look twice at the start of this .........

I'm happy that Brown especially got a chance to be in a team with the elite of the AFL. They put together a great side and reckon he couldn't have helped but learn a thing or two from Fyfe, Selwood, Burgoyne etc. Hoping him and McDonald are some young additions to our leadership group.

For the record we asked Tom Lamb to come train with us to have a look at him for a rookie spot and/or a VFL spot but he chose to go to st.kilda.

He's made an enemy for life.

Agreed I wouldnt spit on him if he was on fire.

In fact I plan on giving him a good basting if he makes the cut-let alone makes the field.

Doubt many will flock to see him either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back