• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You know you're season is looking like it's in the toilet when...

Some of your supporters are looking to save it via the Pre-Season Supplemental Selection & Mid-Season Rookie Draft.
If people were hanging their hats on a kid or some vfl smokie to save the season then good luck to them.
Taking a couple of kids/prospects in a try before you buy deal for next year is smart list management

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
im not aware of all the VFL/SANFL/WAFL players, but the stand outs from the u/18 comp and the standouts from Box Hill imo are (i was going to add mullenger-mchugh but his goal kicking record is pretty bad):

Damian Mascitti Box Hill - 190cm 87kg tall defender, plays the sicily role for Box Hill and has been arguably our best player for Box Hill this season and has a decorated VFL career at Port Melbourne before this season
Brayden Kilpatrick Box Hill - 181cm 76kg utility, can play in multiple positions, has been a good player for Box Hill for a few years now and is still only 23 years old

18/19 year olds
Declan Carmody
Glenlg - 180cm 76kg inside mid, saw him play in the SA Trials a couple of weeks ago and is comparable to Jackson Mead the Port F/S likely to go mid draft, i think bang for buck he is clearly the best option unless theres a 19-20 yr old in the second tier killing it.
Jarvis Pina Peel - 176cm 71kg running half back/winger, another youngster who killed it in the Trials this time for WA, run and carry, long kicking hb/wing. has great results in the combine
Cody Hirst Eastern Ranges - 178cm 67kg half back/wing, was injured last season so missed his chance to get drafted, had great results in the combines and has been on fire for Eastern Ranges this season, probably the best option from the u/18's comp imo
Kyle Dunkley Gippsland Power - 185cm 84kg half forw, strong half forw who has a big presence similar to his brother at the Dogs, surprised Sydney didnt take him F/S last season, he is worth a spot on an AFL list imo.
Angus Hanrahan Sandringham Dragons - 183cm 74kg outside mid, has had a good year playing for the unbeaten sandringham dragons in the u/18's, could be an opportunity to get drafted in the mid-season draft.

You know you're season is looking like it's in the toilet when...

Some of your supporters are looking to save it via the Pre-Season Supplemental Selection & Mid-Season Rookie Draft.
Don't see anyone posting here with that sentiment.

Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Don't see anyone posting here with that sentiment.

I thought you were in prison for murdering that Asian kid in Sydney. Have you got the internet in Prison now Roger.

Please let me know, a lotta guys at my pub want to catch up, but can't be bothered heading to Sydney... cos well it's a bit of a S***H*** but it might also break their parole as well visiting you in jail.

im not aware of all the VFL/SANFL/WAFL players, but the stand outs from the u/18 comp and the standouts from Box Hill imo are (i was going to add mullenger-mchugh but his goal kicking record is pretty bad):

Damian Mascitti Box Hill - 190cm 87kg tall defender, plays the sicily role for Box Hill and has been arguably our best player for Box Hill this season and has a decorated VFL career at Port Melbourne before this season
Brayden Kilpatrick Box Hill - 181cm 76kg utility, can play in multiple positions, has been a good player for Box Hill for a few years now and is still only 23 years old

18/19 year olds
Declan Carmody
Glenlg - 180cm 76kg inside mid, saw him play in the SA Trials a couple of weeks ago and is comparable to Jackson Mead the Port F/S likely to go mid draft, i think bang for buck he is clearly the best option unless theres a 19-20 yr old in the second tier killing it.
Jarvis Pina Peel - 176cm 71kg running half back/winger, another youngster who killed it in the Trials this time for WA, run and carry, long kicking hb/wing. has great results in the combine
Cody Hirst Eastern Ranges - 178cm 67kg half back/wing, was injured last season so missed his chance to get drafted, had great results in the combines and has been on fire for Eastern Ranges this season, probably the best option from the u/18's comp imo
Kyle Dunkley Gippsland Power - 185cm 84kg half forw, strong half forw who has a big presence similar to his brother at the Dogs, surprised Sydney didnt take him F/S last season, he is worth a spot on an AFL list imo.
Angus Hanrahan Sandringham Dragons - 183cm 74kg outside mid, has had a good year playing for the unbeaten sandringham dragons in the u/18's, could be an opportunity to get drafted in the mid-season draft.
Is Kyle Dunkley the same one thats listed on the Bulldogs VFL bench?
There was an article somewhere today saying that the AFL had knocked back the Swans in trying to Father/Son him in the mid season draft

Last edited:

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Is Kyle Dunkley the same one thats listed on the Bulldogs VFL bench?
There was an article somewhere today saying that the AFL had knocked back the Swans in trying to Father/Son him in the mid season draft

i think he is the 23rd man for Western Bulldogs reserves Footscray in the VFL this weekend

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Kyle Dunkley played a good game, kicked 2-3 goals against us for Footscray in the VFL, also had 27 disposals i hear from the young guns game, also i hear Sydney tried to get him as a F/S pick in the mid season draft but were rejected because they passed on him last year, certainty to get picked up but by who?

Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EPL
Kyle Dunkley played a good game, kicked 2-3 goals against us for Footscray in the VFL, also had 27 disposals i hear from the young guns game, also i hear Sydney tried to get him as a F/S pick in the mid season draft but were rejected because they passed on him last year, certainty to get picked up but by who?

I honest to god lost my s**t when we took the Tasmanian midget (174cm) over Josh Dunkley (189cm) Dunkley continues to improve each year and has really improved his disposal. Don’t know anything about his brother though..

bumsonseats

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2009
Back in Stinktown (Adelaide)
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If we do take someone, would like to see either a KPP like Munn - suspect he will be gone before our pick.
Or a speedy mid like Riordan.
I would hope (and expect) that we wouldn’t take someone for the sake of taking someone if one of our top 2 or 3 targets are taken before our pick.

Would Nathan Freeman be someone we might be interested in....?

Bremner20

Club Legend
Sep 16, 2012
Sale Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I honest to god lost my **** when we took the Tasmanian midget (174cm) over Josh Dunkley (189cm) Dunkley continues to improve each year and has really improved his disposal. Don’t know anything about his brother though..
So did I mate and vented my frustration on here only to get seriously ridiculed ,that pick was a rare higher end one for us and we blew it big time 173cm and so slow what were they thinking .

My inside info is that we are considering taking Woodward back on, the club is happy with how his body has held up. I am all for it
That seems an absolute long shot to me. When he was fit he couldn't get regular games because of his disposal and he was a work in progress being able to play multiple positions. In fact would be staggered if that happened.

Ironically Woodward was taken in the same draft as Mitchell and Wingard. It wouldn’t be the worst pickup. At least the club knows what to expect from him and he does fill a need on the list.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
My inside info is that we are considering taking Woodward back on, the club is happy with how his body has held up. I am all for it

im of the opinion we should move on and get fresh talent in, going for a mid-20's guy with 3-4 knee reco's and has not been amazing since leaving, can we start recruiting for our next premiership instead of recruiting to bandaid a once great team.

Back