Prediction Pre-Season Supplemental Selection & Mid-Season Rookie Draft

Who would you choose in the Mis-Season Draft: Multiple selections allowed

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

im of the opinion we should move on and get fresh talent in, going for a mid-20's guy with 3-4 knee reco's and has not been amazing since leaving, can we start recruiting for our next premiership instead of recruiting to bandaid a once great team.
You have to ask yourself one thing will he be part of our next premiership hunt. if the answer is no then we probably wont get him

im of the opinion we should move on and get fresh talent in, going for a mid-20's guy with 3-4 knee reco's and has not been amazing since leaving, can we start recruiting for our next premiership instead of recruiting to bandaid a once great team.

To be fair, when Woodward has played VFL he's been head and shoulders above.

Has averaged 31 touches and 4 tackles at the level this year. That being said, I don't think we should be going for him. He's undersized, has a fair amount of risk attached if we intend for him to play games and isn't a super long term prospect.

The point is - the club had an opportunity to do due diligence on players in the lead in to the various drafts last year. If there was someone we were keen on with long term aspirations, we would have made a move. How much can change over the first half of a year?

We're probably not going to identify a long term prospect from the past few months we've had since we were last trying to identify long term prospects. Not sold we even pick anyone up.

I felt so bad for Woody after all he'd been through. Without all the knee injuries who knows what he could've become. Then on top of all the crap he'd been through he also had to endure the incident as a running in last years GF which would've been embarrassing as hell for him. The poor guy must've crossed paths with a black cat or two in a former lifetime.

Ideally, I think we need another big bodied midfielder, who can win his own ball. We have outside run a plenty, our defence is solid (though another tall defender could be handy), and our forward line has quality abounds. Ideally, if we could find a Michael Barlow type, now that would be handy. Finding a decent one could allow the pressure to be released on Worpel and Cousins which I think will help them as the season progress's.

Now, I realise the chances of finding that player are difficult, but I'm sure they are there.

Ideally, I think we need another big bodied midfielder, who can win his own ball. We have outside run a plenty, our defence is solid (though another tall defender could be handy), and our forward line has quality abounds. Ideally, if we could find a Michael Barlow type, now that would be handy. Finding a decent one could allow the pressure to be released on Worpel and Cousins which I think will help them as the season progress's.

Now, I realise the chances of finding that player are difficult, but I'm sure they are there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell Hibberd.

id rate Cody Hirst 178cm67kg(Eastern - wing/hb) or Declan Carmody 180cm76kg(Glenlg - inside mid) or Ben Kelly 200cm96kg(Murr - ruck) or Jarvis Pina 176cm71kg(Peel - hb/wing) from the u/18's ahead of Kyle Dunkley 185cm84kg(Gipps - half forw) depends what you are drafting for? Pina is a little short so a bit of a risk?

a couple of retirements from other clubs has been interesting, Griggs at Richmond retiring opening a spot on the list and now Tom Boyd at Western retiring and opening up a spot on the list, very interesting movements by clubs.

id rate Cody Hirst 178cm67kg(Eastern - wing/hb) or Declan Carmody 180cm76kg(Glenlg - inside mid) or Ben Kelly 200cm96kg(Murr - ruck) or Jarvis Pina 176cm71kg(Peel - hb/wing) from the u/18's ahead of Kyle Dunkley 185cm84kg(Gipps - half forw) depends what you are drafting for? Pina is a little short so a bit of a risk?
Have you seen Ben Kelly play, Davo?

Or Dunkley?

I felt so bad for Woody after all he'd been through. Without all the knee injuries who knows what he could've become. Then on top of all the crap he'd been through he also had to endure the incident as a running in last years GF which would've been embarrassing as hell for him. The poor guy must've crossed paths with a black cat or two in a former lifetime.
Black cat or just jumper 36 for Hawthorn?

Back