News Pre-season supplemental selection period between December 1 and March 15

AFL Club
Gold Coast
If I am not mistaken Powell get JLT games because he is in Top 5 in 2km trial. Dawson emergency also in Top 5. You can compromise a bit as a forward , engine room like midfield no way .
Yes, Powell and Dawson both were top 5. Powell improved out of sight despite he is still skinny. He also understands the game. I am not sure I can say about Brodie. Interestingly, Rocket mentioned in his interview that it will take Brodie 3-4 years to develop and play regularly. It looks like Rocket is right on the money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pure_Ownage

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Geelong
Going for an inside mid seems like a really smart move from the Suns. Sure Thompson is a defender and you guys are very weak with tall defenders right now, but was even worse for you in the inside mid stocks.
Theyve still got Collins Burgess and Hombsch they are ok for KPDs. Their midfield is the issue.

RUNVS

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Sydney
Day can also play defence as well. As you suggest our midfield is an easy 18th out of 18.
Though in a way that is a good thing, because if one of your midfield, defence or forward line was 18 out of 18 in terms of quality it is actually easiest to fix the midfield as it is easier to find serviceable to good midfielders than it is serviceable to good forwards or defenders. Means that while 2019 is going to suck for the Suns it should be a bit quicker to get better than it would be if your forward line was truly awful.

kreglze

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Though in a way that is a good thing, because if one of your midfield, defence or forward line was 18 out of 18 in terms of quality it is actually easiest to fix the midfield as it is easier to find serviceable to good midfielders than it is serviceable to good forwards or defenders. Means that while 2019 is going to suck for the Suns it should be a bit quicker to get better than it would be if your forward line was truly awful.
I actually don't mind our forward line Wright looks set to kick on this year. His JLT2 looked quality against the Swans, hopefully translates, the likes of Martin, Ainsworth and Sexton should provide good support up forward and hopefully hold onto Lukosius and develop him.

Top Bottom