News Pre-season supplemental selection period between December 1 and March 15

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe it.
It sounds like something SOS would do, always trying to bend other clubs over especially Richmond.
He has form so it's no surprise.

The fact that he remained undrafted due to attitude issues should probably temper Tiger supporters expectations

It's a good story that he has knuckled down and got himself on a list, but recent history suggests that this type of recruit generally doesn't come off

Personally i dont believe the Carlton thing

Rihmond had to get permission for him to train with the Tigers and Richmond were paying him i believe $1000 a week under the rules and this money gets included in the cap.
The only way Carlton or any club could have drafted him would have been if Richmond decided not to list him or it was prior to Richmond getting AFL permission for him to train.

Is it true players signed under this rule can't play in the JLT?
That's the firstI've heard of that, and troubling if true. I'm worried Mummy needs some game time after a year off. Witha club imposed suspension for two rounds and the late start of the NEAFL it's an issue. Without the JLT he may just get a NEAFL trial.

Rihmond had to get permission for him to train with the Tigers and Richmond were paying him i believe $1000 a week under the rules and this money gets included in the cap.
The only way Carlton or any club could have drafted him would have been if Richmond decided not to list him or it was prior to Richmond getting AFL permission for him to train.

This seems more likely. Carlton had 2 list spots left after the Docherty injury and we invited Gibbons and Cottrell to train on the 12th December.

We potentially had another spot on the 20th December when Pickett went down, then another when Bugg walked away.

We may have looked at Stack in December but he chose the Tigers.

this isn't true

He had no official ties to the tigers till he was signed.

The blues were desperate after Bugg retired.

It all makes sense

The fact that he remained undrafted due to attitude issues should probably temper Tiger supporters expectations

It's a good story that he has knuckled down and got himself on a list, but recent history suggests that this type of recruit generally doesn't come off

this is true

Chance of him making it has gone from 1% to about 25%

odds are still up stacked against him lol, but, it is very encouraging that he is fighting for a career, and at least is in the right environment

Would be an amazing story

this isn't true

It all makes sense
His official ties to Richmond was that he had AFL approval to train with Richmond and was being paid under our cap, Time would have to be up and not signed by a particular date imo

lol

and I guess you still believe that we wanted Stocker ahead of RCD as well ?

I've never commented on who Richmond wanted. There is no collective hive brain talking about Richmond. Stop being paranoid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this isn't true

It all makes sense

Yeah, it all makes sense. Carlton were desperate to replace the 43rd player on our list.

His official ties to Richmond was that he had AFL approval to train with Richmond and was being paid under our cap, Time would have to be up and not signed by a particular date imo

So he suddenly skips training and says he's homesick. Richmond says off you go then and Carlton steps in. Port did something similar with John McCarthy in the pre-season draft.

"The Herald Sun can reveal that Carlton also showed strong late interest in rookie-listing the young indigenous talent."

Doubt such a specific statement would be way off the mark.

Stack alluded to it after signing: "I couldn't picture myself at any other club".

Last edited:
So he suddenly skips training and says he's homesick. Richmond says off you go then and Carlton steps in. Port did something similar with John McCarthy in the pre-season draft.

"The Herald Sun can reveal that Carlton also showed strong late interest in rookie-listing the young indigenous talent."

Stack alluded to it after signing: "I couldn't picture myself at any other club".

its pretty obvious that they tried to pinch him because they have 2 lists spots to fill, and Stack would be the best 18 yr in the country not on an AFL list

Good that we got a few on-topic posts before the Carlton-Richmond shitfight kicked off again :rolleyes:

Notice which side is having a go at the other side though. Sheesh, when Richmond did that to us and took Trent Knobel, they did us a favour because we selected Eddie Betts.

This seems more likely. Carlton had 2 list spots left after the Docherty injury and we invited Gibbons and Cottrell to train on the 12th December.

We potentially had another spot on the 20th December when Pickett went down, then another when Bugg walked away.

We may have looked at Stack in December but he chose the Tigers.
Yer id say Carlton was keen before he started training with the Tigers.
Once he started training with the Tigers i doubt the Blues tried to steal him away and plus why would he leave a good club for the Blues... :p

Yer id say Carlton was keen before he started training with the Tigers.
Once he started training with the Tigers i doubt the Blues tried to steal him away and plus why would he leave a good club for the Blues... :p

Well, that is our current predicament. Shiel came close but not close enough. Tried to get Smith, Saad and Rockliff. McGovern was our ray of light and he had other options. Setterfield too.

We can only chip away and try to get players who can see our vision.

Well, that is our current predicament. Shiel came close but not close enough. Tried to get Smith, Saad and Rockliff. McGovern was our ray of light and he had other options. Setterfield too.

We can only chip away and try to get players who can see our vision.
The same happened to us and the Demons for years.
Results will attract quality FA's/trade targets

Haha....when has a player been drafted and then mentioned that they want to be at another club.

Can you imagine him saying "Really want to thank Richmond for drafting me but I really wish I was at West Coast"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back