apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/19901273/gumbleton-out-to-impress-dockers/

Fremantle recruit Scott Gumbleton says he must earn respect over the pre-season after making the move from Essendon during the trade period.
Gumbleton had his first training session at Fremantle Oval this morning, alongside the club’s first-fourth year players.
Former Demon Colin Sylvia was also on the track, as was fifth-year midfielder Michael Barlow and potential Irish rookie Sean Hurley.
Luckless young onballer Anthony Morabito trained strongly with the main group, while Clancee Pearce (Achilles tendon) completed some lighter work on his own.
Former Carlton and Peel defender Paul Bower also joined in with the group of about 17 players who took part in the opening session.
Rookie Sam Menegola shone in a series of 1km runs around the oval, with Barlow and young midfielders Lachie Neale and Tom Sheridan keeping a strong pace.
Youngsters Craig Moller and Josh Simpson struggled with the workload on the first day as the 21-year-old 196cm Hurley got a taste of an AFL pre-season session.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/19901273/gumbleton-out-to-impress-dockers/

Fremantle recruit Scott Gumbleton says he must earn respect over the pre-season after making the move from Essendon during the trade period.
Gumbleton had his first training session at Fremantle Oval this morning, alongside the club’s first-fourth year players.
Former Demon Colin Sylvia was also on the track, as was fifth-year midfielder Michael Barlow and potential Irish rookie Sean Hurley.
Luckless young onballer Anthony Morabito trained strongly with the main group, while Clancee Pearce (Achilles tendon) completed some lighter work on his own.
Former Carlton and Peel defender Paul Bower also joined in with the group of about 17 players who took part in the opening session.
Rookie Sam Menegola shone in a series of 1km runs around the oval, with Barlow and young midfielders Lachie Neale and Tom Sheridan keeping a strong pace.
Youngsters Craig Moller and Josh Simpson struggled with the workload on the first day as the 21-year-old 196cm Hurley got a taste of an AFL pre-season session.

And it starts again! Just saw the Facebook photos - Joshy has filled out, and is it just me, or has Hannath slimmed down?

And it starts again! Just saw the Facebook photos - Joshy has filled out, and is it just me, or has Hannath slimmed down?

Yeah Hannath "the Mammoth" looks great. sounds like his running times were pretty good as well. There is something about Hannath I really like. If he could just get a bit more mobile and add a bit of defensive pressure to his game I think he could put on some serious pressure as a ruck/forward.
With Joshy, its all in his own hands. He has got talent to burn.

Can someone please post some photo's for us non-FB'ers?

Yes please, this. I don't do FB anymore and so can't see pics.

Yeah Hannath "the Mammoth" looks great. sounds like his running times were pretty good as well. There is something about Hannath I really like. If he could just get a bit more mobile and add a bit of defensive pressure to his game I think he could put on some serious pressure as a ruck/forward.
With Joshy, its all in his own hands. He has got talent to burn.

Yeah, there's a certain something there for sure. He seems to have a great attitude on and off the field and plays with confidence and has nice skills for his size. But unless he can get those things you mentioned (a touch more mobile in particular), then he's going to be 3rd - 4th in line for us for a while yet.

Yes please, this. I don't do FB anymore and so can't see pics.

Yeah, there's a certain something there for sure. He seems to have a great attitude on and off the field and plays with confidence and has nice skills for his size. But unless he can get those things you mentioned (a touch more mobile in particular), then he's going to be 3rd - 4th in line for us for a while yet.

Despite his physical maturity it was still his first season of AFL, if he can continue to improve his contested marking (and I remember he took some big ones in the goal square) and improve his aerobic capacity he could be something. Would agree though that like Michie, it's unlikely he'll get that opportunity with us.

Gumby looks like he could lose a few kilograms.
Liking the look of my buddy Tabs, also do we get an article on Paul Bower's hat:
1456742_10151886811819317_714033692_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interested to read that Bower is training with us. I would imagine that we'd be fairly serious about him if this is the case, given that we'd have been able to watch him closely at Peel all season. Chance of a rookie pick, I wonder.

Interested to read that Bower is training with us. I would imagine that we'd be fairly serious about him if this is the case, given that we'd have been able to watch him closely at Peel all season. Chance of a rookie pick, I wonder.

I got no love for Bower. If we're trying to build a team of elite players, we're wasting our time looking at him.

Gumby looks like he could lose a few kilograms.

Gumby has always had that body shape about him, I'm not too worried, especially right now. I'll just be happy if he can do the PS without breaking down - that would be a good start.

Also, thanks for the pick. :thumbsu:

Every year young Sam teases us with his running ability, has he even debuted yet?

And you don't need a Facebook login to look at the Freo photos on Facebook, it's public, you just can't read some comments.

https://www.facebook.com/fremantlefootballclub/photos_stream

I got no love for Bower. If we're trying to build a team of elite players, we're wasting our time looking at him.

Really? As depth he could come in very handy at some point in the year depending on injuries.
I reckon he might have cracked a game this year when the back stocks were down.
Better than Faulkes as depth.

Freo confirm they will use just the 3 picks in the draft and are chasing a midfielder and key tall.

Bondy says Morabito has come back in good order and all is on track for a big pre season.

Chris Bond on 882 tonight. Audio will be up later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back