Mega Thread Pre-season thread - Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

http://www.whistleout.com.au/MobilePhones/News/Telstra-to-bring-Chromecast-to-Australia

A new report suggests Telstra is in ‘secret conversations’ with Google to bring the web giant’s Chromecast dongle to Australia as a way to popularise its Bigpond streaming services.

According to The Australia, the country’s largest telco is working on making several of its key Bigpond-branded content service compatible with the Chromecast — an affordable web-connected dongle which connects to a TV via an HDMI port.

Google released a software development kit (SDK) for the Chromecast platform last week, giving all developers equal opportunity to create Chromecast compatible services. The problem for Telstra is that the Chromecast dongle is not available in Australia at this time.

This has fuelled speculation that Telstra will either partner with Google to distribute the Chromecast in Australia, or that the telco could be planning the launch of an all-new digital media player which would incorporate Chromecast functionality.

I am thinking of getting the AFL app now. If you are watching on the footy on your phone/ipad and using the self supported telco wifi services (not on a home/business line based internet service), is the coverage unmetered if you are with telstra?

*Non-training post disclaimer*
Just taken your advice and have just signed up again for the AFL app subscription for $90 and just bought and Apple TV device for just under $100.

Seppo - Can you please confirm if this works? What is the quality like?

I am looking at doing something similar but with a Chromecast.

I subscribed yesterday for the year using the Woolworths discount. Watched the whole suns game. For all but about 2 minutes the vision was close to as good as tv broadcast on the Apple TV. I have fairly fast broadband.

Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Interesting might look into this on my brothers behalf in Sydney

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

I am thinking of getting the AFL app now. If you are watching on the footy on your phone/ipad and using the self supported telco wifi services (not on a home/business line based internet service), is the coverage unmetered if you are with telstra?

Hi Purple Maverick. This is from the APP terms and conditions :

When you subscribe to the AFL Live Monthly Pass or Yearly Pass, you agree, as the relevant mobile service account holder, to Telstra and its related bodies corporate collecting and using the location of your mobile handset to provide you with game coverage.
Once the app has been downloaded, Telstra customers don’t need to worry about data charges as the AFL Live Official App is unmetered for content viewed and streamed* on the Telstra Mobile network within Australia. (* however, when accessing premium content, a connection charge may apply while accessing the live content server)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope you can use any airplay device that let's you watch stuff on TV from your phone. A poster mentioned this above. I believe LG smart TV's have airplay from Samsung devices using an ANDROID app

So for this to work i need to:

1) Buy a new TV

2) Buy an apple product

Hmmmm this is going to be an interesting sale pitch to the Mrs. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back