Training Pre-season Training 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Every team has a good player that media or opposition fans don't value as much as we do but are under the underrated cartogary. MASTO definitely falls into that. As a defender he as good as many of the best mid size defenders in the comp but in a game that revolves around stats he doesn't fair too well in that department and gets overlooked because of it. I'm not overly concerned of MASTO does become more of a ball winner but that's probably the only area that he could improve to take his game to the next level. Is good. Is Masto.
;)

Yeah bit disappointing. Dont recall drinking anything much better at that age though. Not many of the guys get into good beers. Slyce swears by his West End Draught
I think a few guys love their export as well. I still remember dry reaching after my first sip of export.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a thing of beauty.
The first half of an ice cold Export in a can on a 40 degree day is delicious
I had this ages ago and I just started drinking beer so I guess it tarnished my perception of it I guess I might try it again this aus day.

Few caveats around it though
Emu export does the job alright but hangovers on the s**t are the worst ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Alrighty, expecting much of this to be interpreted as memes but so it goes.
Just going to be a roughly chronological ramble through things I jotted down.

Venables' body is comparable to that of AFL players.
Willie is pretty barrel-chested, quite a unit. Obviously not an extreme aerobic specimen but not especially chubby at the moment.
Sammy Buttman had a lively yarn to share about chasing someone down in the street? "Suck it up, bitch."
Scotty L running laps.
Cole is pretty slender.
Music playing as players warm up. "Imagine being in Brazil, this music's playing, you're drinking Corona, there's Brazilian girls around you in bikinis..." -Nico
Jetts is less skinny than I would have pictured.
Duggan walking/jogging (very low-intensity) with a trainer during the warm-up run-throughs.
Lamby motored past me and gave me a look on the way to the dunnies. Still trying to interpret it.
Matty Allen is a stocky customer.
Waterman's upper body is pretty developed.
Squad divided into groups and each tries to reach ten goals from set shots.
Sam Mitchell is ******* around with a footy at every opportunity.
Some quotes from Mitch:
"Snadden doesn't miss."
"Boots have you still got the yips?"
"Can we just get Willie to kick ten in a row?" (Not joking)
Followed by:
"Willie, don't ****en' let me down again."
Rotham is skinny but skillful.
Yeo sprayed one 35 degrees.
Karps just gathering water, kicking back balls, solo sprints around one boundary.
Wet weather prep. with esky ball. Gather and give hands.
Watson is rangey just has solid legs.
EZ looks fine, at least as big as Sexual. Perhaps light in the legs but overall not a worry.
Mutimer is really really big.
Duggan, who has yet to train, is now moved to the top oval. Still just jogging with a trainer.
Jake exhibits good hands on the deck.
Duggan leaves with boots off at 10.10am.
Lycett toiling through some runs still.
Cole, Lamb, DV, JK, Gov, Waterman out of the contact/tackling drills.
Waterman is taken for some contested marking coaching.
DV running laps.
Parto really good in traffic.
Cole/Lamb/JK goal kicking.
A match sim. kicks in.
Karps doing 20/30m running, being coached somewhat and doing side-to-sides on the top oval.
Some old cobb (hopefully not one of you) complains to me about things for 20 minutes.
Yeo gets reprimanded for not getting into position swiftly enough.
Vardy lays a great tackle on the wing.
Lamb cleans up beautifully at half back flank, spots a player in the corridor and delivers a superb, flat kick. Receives it back and dispatches it to the outer wing.
Lycett doing some tepid agility work.
Group splits between the ovals- mids + Vards + Joffa + Drew up top, defenders and forwards stay.
Cole doing some runs.
Mids playing a truncated game, focused around clearances. Placed in different parts of the ground by Hick's instruction.
Yeo performs pleasingly in this.
Moves to a more expansive, free-flowing kicking drill. At first two teams then conjoined.
Sammy Mitchell mixes up proceedings constantly- spoils when he has a mark to himself, grubbers kicks gruesomely etc.
After this, Vardy has ice on the inside of his left knee (not the prior ACL one). Said it wasn't and ACL feeling and really didn't seem at all dejected when talking to Venables. Not good but there wasn't much sense of despair so here's hoping.
1050 Willie and Tarir head off to watch, as the group reconvenes and a 9v9 foll-ground match begins, scores being taken.
Drewy lays a HUGE tackle on Masto and everyone rejoices.
Barrass won a great running contest with JK.
More players are added.
Giles with a swell contested grab and goal on a forward flank.
Mitch seriously vocal- yells at Lamb for not checking Dom closely enough, and at JK for not collecting the ball after a goal.
1100 Waterman joins Bayok and Rioli.
Francis, Redden and Yeo doing contested bodywork with Nico beside the game for 10mins, then are joined by Willie and Jake to run a few laps.
JD playing very well on Gov, has Schoey switched on to him.
Seems like there's some spice, and an incentive behind a win for either side.
Game #s dropped again.
Last drill. Mids separate from FWD/BACK.
Tarir/Willie back in mix.
Mids pair up and sprint forward from the centre. Then participate in a boundary throw in, contesting with their partners. Once resolved, each pair engage in 50/50 scraps for ground balls. After 10 or so, group is mustered through cones on the spring back, and then we repeat this twice more.
A pretty grueling exercise.
Closest contest to me was Redden and Shuey. Redden looked the fresher of the two and overall had Shuey's number. Was quick to encourage Boots once they were on the sprint back.
Meanwhile the F/B group were doing 30m sprints in pairs, then turning to have the forward lead to a kick. Then a 50m run (most took this very easy) to the goal square.
Nelson was very good in this matched up against Cripps.
SURPRISE EXTRA DRILLS
Eskies are back for some.
Redden, Mitchell, Mutimer, one or two more and WELLINGHAM roving to Gilesy and Drew. Wellingham not with the backs, who are doing 1 on 1 high contests with the forwards.
Rotham's kicking again excellent.
Franky seems to have participated in the whole session, haven't noticed Gorter.
Pretty much wraps up now, with Yeo kicking some balls out from the square and players gradually dispersing.

If anyone has any queries or wants specific player or drill information I will do my best to share it.

Great work thanks ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

:mad::mad::mad:
You have made a powerful enemy today son.
Hey don't misunderstand me here buddy, I was a huge Butler fan..he was stable, reliable and a cool head for a decade. That time in the sunshine is over but and he needs to have someone better replace his aging body. If we keep doing what we've been doing with players who have gone past their expiry date being insta-picks young blood won't be given the chance to come through.

Hey don't misunderstand me here buddy, I was a huge Butler fan..he was stable, reliable and a cool head for a decade. That time in the sunshine is over but and he needs to have someone better replace his aging body. If we keep doing what we've been doing with players who have gone past their expiry date being insta-picks young blood won't be given the chance to come through.

I agree we need to turn the list over but Butler is in career best form and reliability.
Plus we need a previous premiership star to play in our next one.

I don't know what I am doing, my comment was in response to EagleShore, regarding Jetta. Apologies for being a dropkick.
I was confused a bit but what works well is if you "reply" to a post, highlight the part of the post you are specifically referring to by using bold type.

Welcome by the way! Anonymous forums can be harsh for noobs.

Edit: sorry, you did all that...:) feel free to delete out of the quote the bits that aren't relevant to your reply though. Makes it clearer for people :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Plus we need a previous premiership star to play in our next one.
f7FdEdG.jpg

I was confused a bit but what works well is if you "reply" to a post, highlight the part of the post you are specifically referring to by using bold type.

Welcome by the way! Anonymous forums can be harsh for noobs.

Edit: sorry, you did all that...:) feel free to delete out of the quote the bits that aren't relevant to your reply though. Makes it clearer for people :thumbsu:
Tried to then tried to edit , that's how I stuffed it up. Im sure it wont be the last time. As long as it gives crew a laugh and not pi$$ anyone off, I don't care.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back