Remove this Banner Ad

Debutant
Sep 22, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Claremont,Rams
Is that available at Woolies/Coles/IGA?

Coles yes not sure on the other 2 but would have thought so especially Woolies. I have a Gilbert's near me that carries a couple of varieties
Nudie does a good one. Even the Vanilla only has 1.4 grm per 100ml.
Always best to work out the 100ml so to give a consistent amount. FYI 4grms = 1 teaspoon of sugar. (Coke has 40grms)
43c81120cb3d50db0a6b04aabe8d1cab.jpg

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Coles yes not sure on the other 2 but would have thought so especially Woolies. I have a Gilbert's near me that carries a couple of varieties
Nudie does a good one. Even the Vanilla only has 1.4 grm per 100ml.
Always best to work out the 100ml so to give a consistent amount. FYI 4grms = 1 teaspoon of sugar. (Coke has 40grms)
43c81120cb3d50db0a6b04aabe8d1cab.jpg

Cool I'll look out for it tomorrow

did the whole sqaud travel to geraldton? cause eagles instagram have venables training.
Giles is in Geraldton as well so I think they've just gone along for the ride presumably so they could continue to train with the main group

There's another group of players in the Pilbara - a photo of them at a Karratha hospital included Watson, Gorter, Mutimer, Brophy, Lamb, Bayok and Karpany was posted on Twitter. Nico and Aselwood were there also

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, East Perth
Giles is in Geraldton as well so I think they've just gone along for the ride presumably so they could continue to train with the main group

There's another group of players in the Pilbara - a photo of them at a Karratha hospital included Watson, Gorter, Mutimer, Brophy, Lamb, Bayok and Karpany was posted on Twitter. Nico and Aselwood were there also
I'm suprise they post photos of our players on twitter. Might give away who's playing.

Galileo9

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Arsenal, 49ers
Dare i say it, i think Hutchings can still improve and compliment those three nicely. At 25 he is still young enough and seems like a player who works very hard on becoming better and is super professional in the Priddis mould. Can see him being a very strong B grader extractor in the next 2 or 3 years

I admire your confidence. Says more about our midfield than hutchnings.

Galileo9

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Arsenal, 49ers
The main disadvantage of travel is if any players should be carrying a niggle or two, spending every second week on a return flight doesn't help their cause, from what I've been led to believe? Also can shorten their careers.

Yeah, for 14 year players. By which they will be well past the peak.

A niggle I am sure is only annoying. How much of a difference flying does no one knows. In America NBA players fly all the time a lot more frequently. Chartered or not, you are still up in air and sitting down.

Yeah, for 14 year players. By which they will be well past the peak.

A niggle I am sure is only annoying. How much of a difference flying does no one knows. In America NBA players fly all the time a lot more frequently. Chartered or not, you are still up in air and sitting down.
Let's compare US basketball to the AFL shall we

US basketballers do play more games and would have a higher travel load - that is not in dispute. They use charter jets so would be more comfortable but as you say they're still flying

Consider though that they play 4x12min quarters compared to 4x20min and that when the clock stops they stop running unlike AFL players who are in almost perpetual motion. Basketballers don't cover anywhere near the 10+kms per game nor do they have the same number of physical contests. Only 50% of the team (assuming a 10 man roster) is on court at the same time compared to 80% for AFL meaning players don't get the same amount of rest time

So yes, less games but not as physically taxing or an equal probability of picking up contact related 'niggles'

But all that ignores the main point.

NBA teams are spread across the country albeit with a concentration of teams in the NE, however, the travel load would be reasonably comparable for each team. By contrast the two WA based AFL teams travel significantly more than the rest of the competition which creates an imbalance

I think both clubs know how big an impact travel has but don't speak about it too much because they're in a catch 22 situation. If they highlight the problems it won't achieve much because geography is the main driver of the imbalance (that and too many Victorian teams but let's not go there) but by doing so it makes it that much harder to attract recruits. So we don't hear about it other than on odd occasions like our recent trip to NSW

Remove this Banner Ad

Back