Pre-Season Training 2018-19

Remove this Banner Ad

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
I expect training to begin for players of 4 years service and under on Monday 19th November.
Can anybody confirm that this is the starting date please?

Best thread of the off season!

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Full senior squad back on 3 December.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do we have many 1-4 year players? Feels like most are senior players at this point.

Does it include the guys who just finished their 4th year? If so, that'd include guys drafted in 2014 like Cox, JDG, Moore, and Maynard. If not, then it'd be anyone remaining from the 2015 draft class onwards so Sier, Phillips, Wills, Crocker, Cal Brown, Daicos, Lynch, Stephenson, Murphy, Ty Brown, Appleby, and Mihocek. Might even include a few traded players like Murray (if he could train).

Does it include the guys who just finished their 4th year? If so, that'd include guys drafted in 2014 like Cox, JDG, Moore, and Maynard. If not, then it'd be anyone remaining from the 2015 draft class onwards so Sier, Phillips, Wills, Crocker, Cal Brown, Daicos, Lynch, Stephenson, Murphy, Ty Brown, Appleby, and Mihocek. Might even include a few traded players like Murray (if he could train).
Yeah, I'm a bit confused whether it refers to those starting their 4th year, and whether it excludes or includes those that just finished their 4th/starting 5th year.

Is Quyanor and Kelly allowed to Train with us Pre-Draft?
I don’t think so, as it’s their draft year.
Anyway in the end of the month they will be on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d like to see De Goey back earlier. He needs to work twice as hard this year for midfield minutes.
I reckon he and the club are pretty happy with him playing forward tbh.

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
I was just wondering as Saints have Jok training There
Good point, l guess we have to ask the afl, but have not.
This should be the rule that covers this (from AFL Rules 2018):
5.9 Only Listed Players May Train With or Be Tested By a Club
(a) Except as provided in Rule 5.9(b), a Club shall not permit or invite an Unlisted Player to:
(i) train with the Club;
(ii) undertake any Testing conducted by or on behalf of the Club; or
(iii) complete any Survey conducted by or on behalf of the Club.
(b) Notwithstanding Rule 5.9(a), a Club may permit or invite an Unlisted Player to do one or more of the acts referred to in Rule 5.9(a) where:
(i) the Unlisted Player has been removed from a Club’s List following the conclusion of the most recent AFL Season, limited to the period between the commencement of the Club’s pre-season training program (as advised to the AFL) and the next National Draft Selection Meeting;
(ii) any Unlisted Player (excluding any Unlisted Player referred to in Rule 5.9(b)(i)) is eligible to be selected at the next National Draft Selection Meeting and has not been invited to an AFL Combine during the preceding 12 months, limited to the period between the conclusion of the last AFL Combine of the Football Year and the next National Draft Selection Meeting;
=================================================

Because Jok hasn't been invited to an AFL Combine in the last 12 months he must be allowed to train with a club, despite not being currently listed. Kelly and Quaynor were invited to the AFL Combine and Atu B. to the State Combine, so that must rule them out from training with us.

How do you know that?
tenor.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back