Pre-Season Training 2018-19

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah totally legitimate question. At his best a few years ago he'd be ahead of Dunn and Mihocek. But age might have told.
To be honest it all started going downhill when he stopped posting on here as WalterBlaknWhte

Posted before that Moore looks like a different person this pre-season. Not just the hair colour - gulp - but his general demeanour, attitude at training, enthusiastic embrace of the NT camp. Looks to be a more positive presence around the club. And no mention of ‘hamstring’ for months!

Jamie is also looking the goods at training. He’s an introvert and I’m not expecting smiles, but he too appears to be going at training with gusto.

Could it be that the good German doctor has worked his wonders again?

Is a fully fit Reid still best 25? IMO, he’s behind Cox, Mihocek, JDG as a KPF and Moore, Dunn, Goldsack possibly Roughie as a KPD. I think it’d be great for him personally, but the value for the seniors could be limited to pressure for spots.

This. A best 22 spot is there for him if he's good enough to push players like Mihocek, Roughy and Dunn out. Think his future lies inside the F50 so that limits his opportunities even further. Be great if it were to happen as I think he's more skilled than all 3, but his best hasn't been on show for a number of seasons so it's a big ask. Can't see any of them rolling over to gift him a spot either.

Posted before that Moore looks like a different person this pre-season. Not just the hair colour - gulp - but his general demeanour, attitude at training, enthusiastic embrace of the NT camp. Looks to be a more positive presence around the club. And no mention of ‘hamstring’ for months!

Jamie is also looking the goods at training. He’s an introvert and I’m not expecting smiles, but he too appears to be going at training with gusto.

Ask me in October.

Is a fully fit Reid still best 25? IMO, he’s behind Cox, Mihocek, JDG as a KPF and Moore, Dunn, Goldsack possibly Roughie as a KPD. I think it’d be great for him personally, but the value for the seniors could be limited to pressure for spots.
Reid, even if fit, starts in the VFL.

I agree that he's certainly behind the likes you've mentioned, at both ends.

getting closer getting closer

Broomhead and Dunn resume full training in two weeks.
Wells 2-3 weeks. Howe 1-2

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Just need DeGoey fit for Round 1 and we will be in good shape. This is of course assuming that we get no serious injuries tomorrow and during the JLT

How is Mihocek going this pre season? There hasn't been much in the way of reporting on him, so I assume he's doing what he needs to be doing.
IMHO he is an absolute lock in the best 22, can not imagine he'd play any VFL if he's fit, brings so much more to the team than Reid. The talk of Reid pushing blokes out for a spot in the team just sounds laughable, but I haven't been to any training sessions so I could be wrong?
Very keen for tomorrow morning!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having Issues with Re-Signing last year might of Taken the Fun out of it for Moore but now Re-Signed he is Happier and in a Better Place then he was

How is Mihocek going this pre season? There hasn't been much in the way of reporting on him, so I assume he's doing what he needs to be doing.
IMHO he is an absolute lock in the best 22, can not imagine he'd play any VFL if he's fit, brings so much more to the team than Reid. The talk of Reid pushing blokes out for a spot in the team just sounds laughable, but I haven't been to any training sessions so I could be wrong?
Very keen for tomorrow morning!!
Just don’t tell darky the great protector.

:think:

Having Issues with Re-Signing last year might of Taken the Fun out of it for Moore but now Re-Signed he is Happier and in a Better Place then he was
I’d say it’s more he feels injury free and feels he belongs because of that.

Contract talks are a bit more media frenzy than player frenzy.
More often that not, players know they are staying (or leaving) early on and the rest of it is discussions around the peripheral of the contract.

In other news Collingwood have kitted out their players in new gear in preparation for tomorrows practice match at the Holden centre.

9188yC1%2ByDL._SX679_.jpg

In other news Collingwood have kitted out their players in new gear in preparation for tomorrows practice match at the Holden centre.

9188yC1%2ByDL._SX679_.jpg
Lol.

Great post! Literally laughed out loud.

In all seriousness I'll be pissing my pants about injuries until it's over.

You do know De Goey got injured at training last week?

Bring it on I say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back