Pre-Season Training 2018-19

Remove this Banner Ad

I must admit nessun dorma by the big Pav is and will always be one of my favourite tracks re.. I'm serious. Respect.
Big Lucy a great nearly gimp level re

indiana-jones-duel-animated-gif.gif
This made me laugh way too hard :tearsofjoy:

I must admit nessun dorma by the big Pav is and will always be one of my favourite tracks re.. I'm serious. Respect.

That’s been done in the EPL when Leicester City won the league (not Pav, but Bocelli). See below. Gives you goose bumps.

Reckon we would ever get that cultured?

That’s been done in the EPL when Leicester City won the league (not Pav, but Bocelli). See below. Gives you goose bumps.

Reckon we would ever get that cultured?

Not bad, but but the big Pav set the standard with his version in Central Park, NY.

Leadership group:

• Captain: Scott Pendlebury
  • Vice Captain: Steele Sidebottom
  • Deputies: Taylor Adams, Jeremy Howe, Lynden Dunn
As we can see no formal change. This is best indication that Steele is likely next captain followed by Taylor.

There are 6 more players now in the emerging leadership group:

• Brodie Grundy
  • Adam Treloar
  • Darcy Moore
  • Tom Langdon
  • Brayden Maynard
  • Jamie Elliott

I thought he was also.
Am I mistaken or was Tay joint-vice last year?
That’s correct.

I think they’ve gone back to the linear and singular of the two main leaders.
I’m guessing the group preferred that and to clearly indicate that next cab is Sidebottom and thereafter Taylor.

Ofcourse we might see the emergence of Grundy wanting such roles where you could see him gobble up the leadership and be THE leader.

Also we are seeing the emerging group of how their peers and coaching group see them.
The best indication they viewed as pretty much a lock best 22.

Billy is the interesting one. Says he’s very valued within.

Leadership group:

As we can see no formal change. This is best indication that Steele is likely next captain followed by Taylor.

• Brodie Grundy
  • Adam Treloar
  • Darcy Moore
  • Tom Langdon
  • Brayden Maynard
  • Jamie Elliott

Didn't I tell yas re..

Steele Sidebottom our next captain.

Genius of the Gimp yet again.

Tay I don't think is captain material.. wears his heart on his sleave.. gets flustered at times.. brilliant general.. right hand man though..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a scene from '300' where the Persian army arrived in their ships on the coast of Greece. The weather was horrendous re.. so a lot of their ships were getting smashed on the cliffs and s**t re.. the Spartan army were sitting on top of the cliff in raptures re.. celebrating.. going nuts as the Persians were being embraced by the loving arms of Greece herself.. the only Spartan to keep his cool.. was Leonidas.. king of Sparta.

Our king Pendles re.

Ahooooo ahooooo ahooooo.

To me of biggest interest (future gazing as it were) is the emerging group.

• Brodie Grundy
  • Adam Treloar
  • Darcy Moore
  • Tom Langdon
  • Brayden Maynard
  • Jamie Elliott

You’d think Grundy is the BIG candidate, just reeks like he’s the BIG BOSS.
But as mentioned previously, is this something he really wants to do (the captaincy).

Treloar appears an absolute no brainer, high valued player, personality seems leader type. Work ethic same.

Darcy whilst early doors was touted future leader, that was as much about pedigree and potential. Also known as a bit of a serious fellow. Now it looks like he’s cemented that leader pathway. Over coming injuries and he’ll be a serious player for us long term.

Maynard, good on him, looks like a just reward for his very strong forward stepping player.

Langdon must be the high value he’s seen by the whole group. Again indicating he’s seen as a lock in the side.

My most fascinating one is Elliott. Seems a bit of a surprise but a vote in his value across the board.
Let’s hope he has a mega 2019, we all then win.

Didn't I tell yas re..

Steele Sidebottom our next captain.

Genius of the Gimp yet again.

Tay I don't think is captain material.. wears his heart on his sleave.. gets flustered at times.. brilliant general.. right hand man though..

Think Steele is our next captain but definitely think Tay has it in him at some stage. Was painful to watch but did you see him after the grand final loss talking to the media on behalf of the leadership group? Confident, mature and determined!

To me of biggest interest (future gazing as it were) is the emerging group.

• Brodie Grundy
  • Adam Treloar
  • Darcy Moore
  • Tom Langdon
  • Brayden Maynard
  • Jamie Elliott

You’d think Grundy is the BIG candidate, just reeks like he’s the BIG BOSS.
But as mentioned previously, is this something he really wants to do (the captaincy).

Treloar appears an absolute no brainer, high valued player, personality seems leader type. Work ethic same.

Darcy whilst early doors was touted future leader, that was as much about pedigree and potential. Also known as a bit of a serious fellow. Now it looks like he’s cemented that leader pathway. Over coming injuries and he’ll be a serious player for us long term.

Maynard, good on him, looks like a just reward for his very strong forward stepping player.

Langdon must be the high value he’s seen by the whole group. Again indicating he’s seen as a lock in the side.

My most fascinating one is Elliott. Seems a bit of a surprise but a vote in his value across the board.
Let’s hope he has a mega 2019, we all then win.

When you remove 1st and 2nd year players, and remove players who just arrived at the club, pretty much 50% of "available" players are in the leadership group, so it's not exactly a rare group.

Leadership group:

• Brodie Grundy
  • Adam Treloar
  • Darcy Moore
  • Tom Langdon
  • Brayden Maynard
  • Jamie Elliott
Sorry, didn't see this until after I made a thread on it :(
Thought it was strange that I hadn't seen anybody mention it :p

When you remove 1st and 2nd year players, and remove players who just arrived at the club, pretty much 50% of "available" players are in the leadership group, so it's not exactly a rare group.
Ok then

Except that Dunn has shown that recent arrivals can be a leader. Believe the emerging leaders group is exactly the same as last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back