Pre-Season Training 2018-19

Remove this Banner Ad

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Might wear em in one of the pubs in Moe re. Enjoyed going to that pre season game.. was fun trying to avoid cow pat on the way to the ground.. hop scotch re..
wasn’t cow....

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
I swear man.. if Isaac Quanor is not training with the main group and they don't get him ready for round 1 I will go down to Whittlesea and build more units and deal with idiots in their fake kmart surf tees at there one and only coffee shop staring at me like Tom Cruise has arrived in town or some s**t like that.. that's it for me man.. I've had it up to my eyeballs with this s**t man.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
I’m not sure if it’s just how I’m perceiving it but Daicos seems to be very prominent in the videos thus far. Seems in really good shape too.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Always a coupla blokes coming from left field to secure a top 22 spot. Murphy Daics Brown.. perhaps one of the rookies.. who knows.

I like Daics a lot.. some of his highlights were fantastic.. 2 sided player.. beautiful skills. Difficult to predict yes.. only Daics knows if he belongs out there.

well left

Premiership Player
May 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Always a coupla blokes coming from left field to secure a top 22 spot. Murphy Daics Brown.. perhaps one of the rookies.. who knows.

I like Daics a lot.. some of his highlights were fantastic.. 2 sided player.. beautiful skills. Difficult to predict yes.. only Daics knows if he belongs out there.

Still think there’s a spot in our best 22 for Wells given his skill level and ability to hit targets going forward.

Daicos looks to have the same skill set and now looks like he’s got a mature body that can mix it at AFL level. There’s a spot for him if he takes his opportunities.

Still think there’s a spot in our best 22 for Wells given his skill level and ability to hit targets going forward.

Daicos looks to have the same skill set and now looks like he’s got a mature body that can mix it at AFL level. There’s a spot for him if he takes his opportunities.

Our Ball use to Forwards in the GF let us down espically in last qtr when we just Bombed the Ball quite a Few Times

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Whilst our ball use isn't the greatest i put that down to 2 things.

1- eagles pressure
2- our inability to deal with the pressure on the big stage
I don't think dealing with pressure on a big stage is the issue. While it was the biggest stage we had played in three finals prior. We won two, and almost won at the Boo Bowl.

Every year we play Anzac Day and QBD, and this year both Richmond H&A games were hyped massively. While we lost both those Richmond games it still added to that exposure.

regpies

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Our Ball use to Forwards in the GF let us down espically in last qtr when we just Bombed the Ball quite a Few Times

That’s what happens in finals, players are exhausted, immense pressure which doesn’t allow time to pin point a pass.

Eagles had a heap of talls taking marks on the wing during that 4th qtr. All of ours were in the stands.

Tall players become invaluable, that’s why Mason Cox takes so many marks in 4th qtrs.

DogCoffee

Club Legend
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
So just watched this...

Elliot had a set back ?

Geeee....

Combine the total games of Reid, Wells, Moore and Elliot might get 1 full season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
So just watched this...

Elliot had a set back ?

Geeee....

Combine the total games of Reid, Wells, Moore and Elliot might get 1 full season
Hopefully our coaching panel understands that our game plan can never involve Reid, Elliot, Moore or Wells.
Because not one of those four can be relied upon to string two games together.

cleomenes

Cancelled
Nov 18, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
I put it down to ...
1- our lack of forward game plan.
2- our lack of forward game plan.
Neither the post to which this is a reply, nor this one are just. We lost that final by a few points. We were there or thereabouts until the very end, playing with a severely diminished back line, and in the face of some very shrewd tactics that nullified Sidebottom and Grundy.
The only planning lack was that absence of a method that worked to get around the two very effective tags. The Sidebottom forward move was anticipated and dealt with and there was nothing else. Grundy was left to cope.
The fact that we were so close when our key playmakers were taken out of the game says that pretty much everything else was operating well. We were a bit of luck, a couple of bad decisions and some poor umpiring from a win. We probably only needed one of these reversed and we won.
I can't see too much to criticize in the performance.

Neither the post to which this is a reply, nor this one are just. We lost that final by a few points. We were there or thereabouts until the very end, playing with a severely diminished back line, and in the face of some very shrewd tactics that nullified Sidebottom and Grundy.
The only planning lack was that absence of a method that worked to get around the two very effective tags. The Sidebottom forward move was anticipated and dealt with and there was nothing else. Grundy was left to cope.
The fact that we were so close when our key playmakers were taken out of the game says that pretty much everything else was operating well. We were a bit of luck, a couple of bad decisions and some poor umpiring from a win. We probably only needed one of these reversed and we won.
I can't see too much to criticize in the performance.
Rioli gets pinged for blocking Maynard and we win. Simple as that. I hate the feeling of having a flag stolen from us by umpires, and I know other stuff happened, but if that was judged correctly.......

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Rioli gets pinged for blocking Maynard and we win. Simple as that. I hate the feeling of having a flag stolen from us by umpires, and I know other stuff happened, but if that was judged correctly.......
Is there a proper replay of the free kick against Grundy from the ruck contest in the middle of the ground? Given the way those are an absolute raffle I have my doubts about the call without even having seen a replay.

We're two goals up all the momentum at the start of the fourth. They get the free in the middle. Kick a goals straight away and the margin is straight back to 6 points. Who knows what would have happened if we had won that centre clearance and taken the ball forward and locked it in there.

There is a lot more to football than premierships but god it hurts when you lose a grand final.

Is there a proper replay of the free kick against Grundy from the ruck contest in the middle of the ground? Given the way those are an absolute raffle I have my doubts about the call without even having seen a replay.

We're two goals up all the momentum at the start of the fourth. They get the free in the middle. Kick a goals straight away and the margin is straight back to 6 points. Who knows what would have happened if we had won that centre clearance and taken the ball forward and locked it in there.

There is a lot more to football than premierships but god it hurts when you lose a grand final.
Without caring watch to a replay it wasn't the only occasion where the eagles got a centre ruck free and subsequent goal when had momentum. As you say they're a raffle, however we didn't get one in centre all day. We also had more than enough chances to continue that momentum ourselves, but didn't take them. At various times live it felt like we only needed one more goal to seal/run away with the trophy, but we could never get it.

Well you could add that to the 2002 and 1979 GF Losses.

Scumps just Naturally Hate Us as they Grown up Hating Collingwood and it's hard to get that out of Someone when they had it as long as they can Remember.

and You wonder why I hate the Scumps so much

Whilst our ball use isn't the greatest i put that down to 2 things.

1- eagles pressure
2- our inability to deal with the pressure on the big stage

We won games on Anzac Day, Queens Birthday and two finals. We weren’t disgraced by WCE in either losing final. As far as I’m concerned we succeeded on 4 of the 6 biggest stages we found ourselves in. Don’t think there’s an inability to deal with pressure at all.

Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
We won games on Anzac Day, Queens Birthday and two finals. We weren’t disgraced by WCE in either losing final. As far as I’m concerned we succeeded on 4 of the 6 biggest stages we found ourselves in. Don’t think there’s an inability to deal with pressure at all.
I was away from BF for a bit so didnt get a chance to reply but i respectfully disagree.

Anzac day/queens bday etc are huge games in terms of crowd numbers yes, but the ramifications are no where near as big. You lose yes it sucks and frustrating but the granny is literally the last game of the year, if you lose there is no redemption the week after. The pressure if huge.

I was at the game and in the last quarter i cant even count how many times we had the ball in defence and just bombed it out straight to Barrass/McGovern/Hurn etc. Where as normally we would be composed, run in numbers. I dunno i hate banging on about it because it still hurts but yeah, just my opinion.

dmoore30

All Australian
Dec 3, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
The umpires didnt cost us the game?

Darling doesnt muck up and we lose by 2.

If they didnt miss all their last qtr set shots we lose by 2-3 goals.

In my opinion for 3 qtrs we were outplayed. And in the end we did let it slip, but by no means does it mean it was an undeserving victory for west coast. In my opinion if we won, we would of stolen it. Yes we got a 5 goal lead and some decisions went against us but a lot went for us and ultimately not capitalizing on our opportunities cost us.

I was away from BF for a bit so didnt get a chance to reply but i respectfully disagree.

Anzac day/queens bday etc are huge games in terms of crowd numbers yes, but the ramifications are no where near as big. You lose yes it sucks and frustrating but the granny is literally the last game of the year, if you lose there is no redemption the week after. The pressure if huge.

I was at the game and in the last quarter i cant even count how many times we had the ball in defence and just bombed it out straight to Barrass/McGovern/Hurn etc. Where as normally we would be composed, run in numbers. I dunno i hate banging on about it because it still hurts but yeah, just my opinion.

I’m not saying we didn’t execute the game plan as well as we could’ve, I’m more generally speaking in reference to your quote “the inability to perform on a big stage” isn’t necessarily true as I pointed out previously.

The inability was to adapt to West Coast’s structure and create scoring opportunities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back