Training Training Reports and Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

IQ could be an all-australian. Has the talent. But may just end up an A-grader. Either way, he's a good one.

Those are pretty much the same thing in my book.

Ruscoe is definitely one to watch, could easily go onto be a 150 game player or be delisted in 2023.
I didn't think the bait was good enough.

I was wrong.

Don’t be so hard on Ruscoe. He suffers from low self esteem, combined with a low IQ. Not things that can easily be overcome in clubland when everyone is trying to make it. As he is not elite.

But make no mistake the kid has serious attributes otherwise he’d have followed the Browns out the door.

He needs a different type of motivation that junior clubs offer to make sure a young kid like him gets through. On his talents. Which are AFL standard.

It’s his main deficiencies that hold the kid back. Lacking the confidence to know when to go and when not to. And ultimately believing he belongs. I guess that he is one of the ones that the others take the piss out of, in jest, but that’s a way of the others keeping him under them.

I think he could be a destroyer on the wing. And forward of the ball. With his speed and disposal. He could easily provide us with the X-factor. I get the sense that he doesn’t like defending because he gets anxious and worried about making a mistake. Out on the wing he will just attack the contest, ball and run. Which he can do. With impunity and freedom.

I’m actually looking forward to seeing Ruscoe, Reef, Macrae, Harrison and Draper step up. It’s in their hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jen, is your hand problem going to delay start of pre season next week, are you fit? haven’t seen your name on the Collingwood weekly injury update?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
All good. Whats a little pain haha.

Nah should be fine. Doctor just said keep using the wrist support (technically this new glove I bought on Amazon for pain works a treat) and take some Ibuprofen and see if it helps.

Don’t be so hard on Ruscoe. He suffers from low self esteem, combined with a low IQ. Not things that can easily be overcome in clubland when everyone is trying to make it. As he is not elite.

But make no mistake the kid has serious attributes otherwise he’d have followed the Browns out the door.

He needs a different type of motivation that junior clubs offer to make sure a young kid like him gets through. On his talents. Which are AFL standard.

It’s his main deficiencies that hold the kid back. Lacking the confidence to know when to go and when not to. And ultimately believing he belongs. I guess that he is one of the ones that the others take the piss out of, in jest, but that’s a way of the others keeping him under them.

I think he could be a destroyer on the wing. And forward of the ball. With his speed and disposal. He could easily provide us with the X-factor. I get the sense that he doesn’t like defending because he gets anxious and worried about making a mistake. Out on the wing he will just attack the contest, ball and run. Which he can do. With impunity and freedom.

I’m actually looking forward to seeing Ruscoe, Reef, Macrae, Harrison and Draper step up. It’s in their hands.

This is, uh, an interesting take.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being a jester and class clown doesn’t mean he is confident. That’s what he uses to hide behind.

I'm with you on this Ronnie - you don't make yourself the class clown if you're confident.

Personally, I don't think that's necessarily the issue though - I just think we need to get his meds right ...

I'm with you on this Ronnie - you don't make yourself the class clown if you're confident.

Personally, I don't think that's necessarily the issue though - I just think we need to get his meds right ...

I think he needs a father figure type. Like Leppa/Bolton to give him some love and direction who he’ll respect and gain confidence. And getting him forward of the ball will help his confidence on the field.

I think he needs a father figure type. Like Leppa/Bolton to give him some love and direction who he’ll respect and gain confidence. And getting him forward of the ball will help his confidence on the field.

He's got some ability. I think he's a good chance to become a player, but I'm not convinced on his pace like you are.

JFC Ron, where do you come up with this s***!

Maybe he needs to sit on the lap of a big-chested woman who sings showtunes whilst holding him to her...heart.

He’s one who could be really worthwhile if he can make the leap. Has clear AFL attributes, but hasn’t put it all together yet.
Yeah I know kids tend to be inconsistent, but the gap between Ruscoes best and worse is truly massive.

He largely looked dreadful as a forward early in his AFL career. He looked lazy and flaky. OTOH when switched to defence he showed plenty at the end of 2021, Played with intensity, won 1 on 1 contests and used the ball sensibly. OK, I thought, he is a defender not a forward, onwards and upwards from here. I was therefore very disappointed in him this year, I thought he was terrible in the VFL; went backwards at a great rate of knots, really really poor and far worse then he produced previously. He looked slow, ponderous and ineffectual. OTOH, when he played AFL he played quite well, easily his best footy of the year - go figure....

I like Ruscoe when he plays well. At his best, he is quite a prospect, combines aggression, with good ball use and could be the player who releases Maynard into the midfield. But blimey, your just never sure which player is going to turn up...

. . . Tony Shaw says HI

anyone that's got this far can make if they want it bad enough.
Is he saying "Hi" from rotary telephone? It's been 44 years since Tony Shaw had to make a name for himself. Can we just once find a comparison from an era where asbestos wasn't considered a new and exciting product?

There's some humorous commentary on here about a pre-season that hasn't even started. I'm sure every player is training their hardest to rock up in the best shape possible. Every player has weaknesses that a coach will be working on to improve and ensure they are at their best. It may come as a surprise to some, but not all players are instantly ready for the AFL when drafted. Some need a few years to be ready. Some never make it. But most will try their absolute hardest to reach the standard.

Keep an open mind. There will be many surprise packages over pre-season, both good and bad.

Is he saying "Hi" from rotary telephone? It's been 44 years since Tony Shaw had to make a name for himself. Can we just once find a comparison from an era where asbestos wasn't considered a new and exciting product?
Regardless of the era, I think Tony Shaw and Trey Ruscoe are a perfect like for like comparison...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back