Training Pre-Season Training, News & Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Kk had more tricks in his bag than Kersten. Doubt that Kersten will ever kick nine in a game AFL, against any side.

.. 9? Did have a couple of good games but not quite 9 from my memory. Best I saw him play was 7 V Ess , kicked against Fletcher and others... another game perhaps V North. Was when he was playing for Rich.?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

90% chance of being delisted in the next year going by recent VFL B&F winners :p
I think we went through this last year at some point. For AFL listed players like Schroder and Simpkin that is reasonable.

Why, because you're going to poll more VFL B&F votes if you play more games at that level than others. How do you achieve that? Well by playing all year in the magoos while team-mates earn senior call ups, you're essentially the best of the rest, the best of those not good enough for seniors.

For VFL listed players like Byrne of seasons past and Ruggles that may or may not be the case because they can't get rewarded for good form.

Any update on Rookie elevations? to replace Thurlow?
Don't forget the fact that we were able to elevate even before Thurlow went down (due to only having 38 on the senior list). The fact they didn't suggests a couple of things;

1/. They were reasonably comfortable with the players on the senior list.
2/. They possibly don't feel any of the rookies are quite ready yet.

Ruggles looked ok in the two games he played but definitely made some blues against the Dockers. Considering Cowan has been persisted with for so long, looked good in his couple of games last year and was good against the Dockers I'd be very disappointed if we picked Ruggles ahead of him in the same position. If we did that you'd have to ask why we kept the faith with Cowan. I think in terms of defenders Cowan is well in front and will probably play the role Thurlow would've played (half back pushing up to the wing at times) and we've got better options for shut-down defenders than Ruggles at the moment.

I can't believe people are upset about Ruggles. I think he did a good job for a player on the Rookie List but he is a fair bit of development left in him before he is chance to play in a game like Round 1. He will see game time at some stage but not against Hawthorn. He showed some good signs but also needs to work on a few things to a successful player at AFL level. I think that will come with experience at the top level. However, not this week.

I was at the freo game just past and watched Cowan drop his head and subsequently drop a mark going back with the flight. I watched ruggles take a similar mark no problems. I think Cowan definitely has the skill level, but I'm unsure he has the hardness for the back line that ruggles has already displayed. Not saying ruggles will make it but he is not scared to throw his body around.

It would almost have to be Ruggles wouldn't it? Although Bates and Cornell did get named in squads and if Delaney gets fit, he would be a chance.
Would only be ruggles.

I agree with others, I'm not sure he's up to playing hawthorn.
But if they do name him, I'm going to think that gfc knows there is an imbalance.
And geez I'll be happy knowing that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back