Autopsy Pre season V Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

If you ever watch Grimes he does it time again, he knows what he is doing, another cheap sniper just behind AFL’s number 1 - COTCHIN!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It’s a contact sport he took a mark end of story. You need some aggression in the team absolutely nothing wrong with what Grimes did.

But the game was full of taking the wrong option. The amount of times we passed to guys surrounded by the opposition of flat footed wasn’t great. I’ll put it down to early season lack of touch and feel.
That was what I got out of the game, not only taking the poor option but poor disposal as well. Don't think I have seen worse disposal.

Commentators kept going on about Grimes and his intercepts then showed a miskick straight to him. He may as well been wearing black and white.

A lot of comments on individuals here but watch St Kilda on Thursday night, they ran in packs, spred, used space and had the opposition guessing. We go on about our poor forward line but you could put our forwrds in the Saints structure and they score.

All credit to St Kilda for realising what looked pretty clear to some... Brett Ratten can really coach.

Did well with an underwhelming Carlton list, was made a scapegoat by his "mate" Kernaghan, then by all accounts did a great job at Hawthorn under Clarko.

It remains to be seen how far he can take the Saints, but he's my kind of 21st century coach. A bit like Fagan at the Lions. Plays a style of footy that players and supporters love and is very much a mentoring, inclusive personality.

Ruscoe averaged 1.2 from a handful of games. Stephenson was consistent enough to average 1.5 over the course of a full season even after going goalless in his first few games. Ruscoe had an ok start to his career, but let’s not pretend he’s even close to the level that Stevo was in year 1..

Agree - I think Ruscoe has "smarts" but no x factor like Stevo

It’s a contact sport he took a mark end of story. You need some aggression in the team absolutely nothing wrong with what Grimes did.

Yep been watching it for 50 years got the gist of it but not the point I was making. Read it again

Also for those not watching Roos v Hawks, Tom Phillips first kick was a turnover !

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ruscoe averaged 1.2 goals a game last season, with shortened quarters and an average of 41 inside 50's. Stephenson averaged 1.5 in 2018 with full length quarters and an average of 54 inside 50's.
Stephenson is a spud, like a Kia branded Ferrari without an onboard computer.

We almost in bit of a Rebuild now especially with the Draft
I think free agency in the off-season will cure our issues.

We have the cattle to go far with a bit of luck. We traded out some talent (Treloar) and depth (Phillips, Stephenson and Atu). If we cop injuries like we usually do it will be a long season and I doubt finals will be possible.

Agree, but my point was the defence stood up in reference to the bloke who thought they were poor. They were under sustained pressure.

IF our Backline did NOT stand up I shudder to think how badly we would be Getting Flogged by

It would also help if our ruckmen were good at tapping the ball to advantage, seems like nothing has changed from last year

Guess also hope we have Players that Can hit a Target and have any Actual Forwards.

Mids get off Light how bad some People Bash Grundy

Yep... he looked pretty disinterested to me.. I guess its a case of 'been there, done that'..
That torpedo was a disgrace. We had Moore, Cameron and Cox in the vicinity of the square. All he had to do was kick a drop punt and set it up. I don't care if it's paddock footy, as captain, you do the right thing every time and set an example.

The Good:
- I thought we were excellent out of the centre bounces. This has been an area of weakness so that was pleasing. DeGoey looks fit enough to play a game out in there but gee we miss him up forward. Sier showed some positive signs also.
- We had a more offensive game plan and looked to move the ball through the middle more frequently.
- It was mixed bag but I liked Cox's game. He stayed involved, stayed up and helped turn the game for us. I think he showed good signs and if he can stay consistent that's good news for us.

The Bad:
- Our turnovers. This was partly the shift in game style and also Richmond played well. I like the shift in philosophy but we need to execute better.
- Our forward line. With De Goey in the middle for much of the game, Stephenson gone and WHE terribly out of form we looked poor. Henry was well beaten by Vlaustin and seniors may be too early. I like Elliott but we were otherwise pretty lacklustre. And I don't see how that changes unless De Goey goes forward, such a tough decision.

The Ugly.
- Injuries and niggles gagf!

- Our forward line. With De Goey in the middle for much of the game, Stephenson gone and WHE terribly out of form we looked poor. Henry was well beaten by Vlaustin and seniors may be too early. I like Elliott but we were otherwise pretty lacklustre. And I don't see how that changes unless De Goey

Must Rate Henry putting Vlaustin on him.

Good Lesson for him then

Remove this Banner Ad

Back