Autopsy Pre season V Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

My point is that Stephenson achievements aren't some unobtainable goal. Hell, a rookie recruited as a defender kicked more goals than Stephenson in 2018
A mature age KPP target. And no he didn’t kick more goals than Stephenson. He kicked 0.3 more goals per game, but played less games and had less overall.
Stephenson kicked more goals than any other player in their rookie year for about 20 years. I have no idea why anyone is trying to downplay how exceptional he was in 2018.

A mature age KPP target. And no he didn’t kick more goals than Stephenson. He kicked 0.3 more goals per game, but played less games and had less overall.
Stephenson kicked more goals than any other player in their rookie year for about 20 years. I have no idea why anyone is trying to downplay how exceptional he was in 2018.

Just so people can sleep at night that we Traded away our Best Prospect for Nothing

The Good:
- I thought we were excellent out of the centre bounces. This has been an area of weakness so that was pleasing. DeGoey looks fit enough to play a game out in there but gee we miss him up forward. Sier showed some positive signs also.
- We had a more offensive game plan and looked to move the ball through the middle more frequently.
- It was mixed bag but I liked Cox's game. He stayed involved, stayed up and helped turn the game for us. I think he showed good signs and if he can stay consistent that's good news for us.

The Bad:
- Our turnovers. This was partly the shift in game style and also Richmond played well. I like the shift in philosophy but we need to execute better.
- Our forward line. With De Goey in the middle for much of the game, Stephenson gone and WHE terribly out of form we looked poor. Henry was well beaten by Vlaustin and seniors may be too early. I like Elliott but we were otherwise pretty lacklustre. And I don't see how that changes unless De Goey goes forward, such a tough decision.

The Ugly.
- Injuries and niggles gagf!

20m kicks inside is not really offensive when you stop and prop. That kick needs to hit a wave of runners to move it at pace through the guts.

We hit it then stopped and often looked for a 2nd short spot up.

2nd half we changed again to long quick kicks. We looked more offensive here, whether the drop off from rich allowed it is the question.

You obviously struggle with comprehension. But I’ll say it slowly for you. The....kick....was....not....great....and....didn’t....help....the....situation.

I hope that helps you. Or maybe yet consider audio books.
How about you consider ******* yourself?

I comprehend very well, you said the kick made Kelly a sitting duck, hence blaming the kick hence blaming Thomas. Like i said, next level internet stupid.
Arrogant turd.

Please don't start this sh*t of blaming umpires or pretending Richmond get some sort of gifted run with the umpires.
I don't know that I'd agree with that. It's just the star player treatment. Riewoldt, Martin and Cotchin get away with stuff rookies never do. It's the same with stars on our list, on other AFL lists, and across other pro sports. It's a bad thing all over pro sport. But I think the Tiges do get it pretty nicely.

That being said, it wasn't them that cost us the game. We butchered many entries forward

How about you consider ******* yourself?

I comprehend very well, you said the kick made Kelly a sitting duck, hence blaming the kick hence blaming Thomas. Like i said, next level internet stupid.
Arrogant turd.
You didn’t even watch the game.....

Who gives a toss about Stephenson

Anyway, onto more important news, a Collingwood player, do we have a latest on Sidey and his potential for round 1?

Club likes to lie, probably get a cool twitter update with a thumbs up message saying all good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish people would stop lazily referring to "The Browns" in game review threads. They are not the same person and played different games.

Yeah fair point, I know I've done it. They do share some attributes, difference being I reckon Tyler can be a long term AFL player, he seems to have something... Cal not so much, although 50 odd games is nothing to be scoffed at..

Please don't start this sh*t of blaming umpires or pretending Richmond get some sort of gifted run with the umpires.

Since 2017, here are the free stats.

Richmond
FF 1,665
FA 1,945

For comparison
Collingwood
FF 1,773
FA 1,456
Those stats don’t prove your point. Nowhere in the rule book does it say the free kick count needs to be even. Free kicks are (should be) given on merit. Perfect example was last years game against Essendon, we had 10 or so more free kicks on the night...the bombers complained and the umpires came back and said we got it wrong and the pies should have had an additional two free kicks...we play a contested disciplined game, plenty of tackles.

Does anyone know why Bianco and Greenwood got zero game time? Seems strange to name them and not play them, especially after we copped some injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Full VFL games today. They must have thought that more important for their preparation.

Those stats don’t prove your point. Nowhere in the rule book does it say the free kick count needs to be even. Free kicks are (should be) given on merit. Perfect example was last years game against Essendon, we had 10 or so more free kicks on the night...the bombers complained and the umpires came back and said we got it wrong and the pies should have had an additional two free kicks...we play a contested disciplined game, plenty of tackles.
I think he is just making the point that we have the same posters complaining about umpiring every time we lose. Every club will claim they were ‘robbed’. It’s tiresome and a cop out

Didn't see the game last night, only highlights. So what's the gist? No gamelan? Won't make the 8? No forward line? Fitness and medical staff are sh*t? Bucks and Harvey can't coach? Dayne beams has killed our club? Eddie needs to go? Sky is falling?
Nah, keep on dreaming mate, you've got a few more weeks for that, or better still you can hibernate through the season as well.

You do realise that we only got back into the game when Richmond had got what they wanted from the game and rested players?

There's one fact which has become very clear, regardless of how good a run we have had with umpiring.
You can push Collingwood ruckmen firmly in the back with two hands and set up goals without consequence.
We lost to GWS because of this in that final and it happened again on Saturday night.

Nah, keep on dreaming mate, you've got a few more weeks for that, or better still you can hibernate through the season as well.

You do realise that we only got back into the game when Richmond had got what they wanted from the game and rested players?
To be fair two of our best mids were missing the whole game. They are the premier and powerhouse so no Adams and sidey hurt.

Watching players like Pendles and Grundy, there was little intensity from these guys. I would think most senior players would be focused on being injury free for next week. That’s why it would have been good to see more of Bianco and maybe another young kid because they would have been fighting to impress.
Still can’t understand why Bianco was named and not used. Mind boggling.

Since 2017, here are the free stats.

Richmond
FF 1,665
FA 1,945

For comparison
Collingwood
FF 1,773
FA 1,456
What’s your point? It’s how Richmond play they are cynical with the way they defend and prefer to give away a free and force you into a set shot over letting the ball get out the back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back