Game Day Pre Season vs Melbourne 10am.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t reckon mrj or Ryan get anywhere near a game r0 tbh , coult and cumbo just returning from injury ,,,they’re young so could make some ground next few weeks
Both looking at a delist seasons end

Could be in a 3 way battle with Graham and possibly Ross for that high half forward role. Graham won't get much midfield time with Prestia, Dusty and Taranto back in the side. Sonsie has real class and he accumulates possessions, would be exciting if he comes on this year.
Prestia will struggle to get on the park

just some things I noticed about the coaching of yze yesterday

1/ we kept our forward structure. may, lever and Tomlinson hardly took an uncontested possession. there was hardly a 2 on 1 contest. there was separation seen in scoring opportunities from green and Campbell. (just as a ps how strong were a couple of balta's grabs vs may)

2/ centre clearances, even when they had Viney, Kosi and petraucca in there and won the clearance they didn't break straight out the front. I can recall many that they were running towards our goals and had to u-turn. our set up must be stronger

3/ they didn't kick a score I can remember from a kick in. we intercepted a few in the middle or at half back. tick

4/ our tackling pressure was back. the turnovers after 4,5,6 possessions from Melbourne where we just kept the pressure up was back to afl+ std, way better than efforts last year.

just early signs and it can go pear shape like most of the 1st quarter but promising signs like a lot of the youngsters showed. going to be an interesting year. go tigers

I though Samson was Ok as well, not sure why others dont feel the same? Max Gawn is a star and I thought he competed well TBH
His ruck work has really improved that was a tick. His marking was deplorable. It got to the point he gave up on it entirely and just started trying to two hand paddle it down to the smalls. Reckon the coaches have a long term view with him so it's not the end of the world he just seriously needs to get stronger.

Absolutely, they have a team that had the potential to win more then 1 but their "Culture which gets used far too many times now and has almost lost all meaning" is not where it should be eg: Oliver and their coach
You forgot the muppet that got a drugs ban as well, mind you their coach and a couple of others have form from their days at the druggies

He’s a bit behind the 8-ball after cracking a bone in his shoulder. I’ve heard it’s been causing him some issues .
I think he’ll be a good player, that left foot is a real weapon
Send him to Saudi Arabia

His ruck work has really improved that was a tick. His marking was deplorable. It got to the point he gave up on it entirely and just started trying to two hand paddle it down to the smalls. Reckon the coaches have a long term view with him so it's not the end of the world he just seriously needs to get stronger.
Yeah needs to keep his eyes on the ball tends to look down when going for marks , but big men take longer and remembering he didn’t come from an elite second tier comp

Feel the mids will be OK.

Backline felt alright. Turned around a poor start. Gibcus/Young/Miller doesn't fill me with joy (no Petty helps) but that was a solid showing. Young in particular showed up.

Big sticking point will be the forward line. Balta CHF works. Kozi deep just needs to create groundballs for Baker and Bolton. Green brings energy...MRJ or Cumbo off the sub bench and it's functional...

Like Brown, Young, Sonz. On the fence on Banks. MRJ and Ryan in trouble.

Round 0 setup off that looks to be:

Broad Young Gibbo
Rioli Vlas Short

KMac Martin Pickett
Nank Taranto Hopper

Bolton Balta Graham
Mansell GREEN Kozi Baker

INT: Dion Grimes Dow Ross
SUB: MRJ/Cumbo

EMG: Banks Naismith Brown Miller

OUT: Sonsie (susp.) Lynch (foot) Mansell (ankle)

MIA?: Coulthard, Colina
Junior and Cumbo should not even be thought of as Round 0 players unless they pull their finger out against Collingwood.

Maurice Rioli Jnr - The lamborghini Countach of AFL Players. The Countach looks beautiful when it does work but it spends more time off road than Landcruiser in the middle east with a 50 cal on the back. Much like Rioli Jnr they both have shocking vision and are rather heavy for what they are supposed to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit worried about Judson, should be red hot pushing for a senior spot but failed to get near it in the VFL sim. The fact Steely Green seems to have gone past him, who most would've had well behind him last year, is a concern.
Today is Feb 19 2024. He's coming off a limited pre season. Been injured.

You better be on the sauce posting that gif. It's bloody sacred around these parts and is held near and dear to many hearts.
he posts it at 7am

reckon hes a genuine alco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back