Game Day Pre Season vs Melbourne 10am.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You better be on the sauce posting that gif. It's bloody sacred around these parts and is held near and dear to many hearts.
Bro, The Rabid Wolverine. Who doesn't love him?

Playing devil's advocate here, is no one here at all concerned how easy Petracca and Gawn won centre clearances yesterday?

Melbourne's 5 goal head start was due to Petracca's dominance. If they get Brayshaw back and Oliver gets his head back in the game, will we even get close next time? Seemed like whenever Petracca went into the middle Melbourne fought their way back easily.

To me Melbourne still has the same old issues of last year, they rely heavily on their top 5 or 6 players performing, if you can shut them down then they will struggle, for us though I think we had trouble putting the brakes on Gawn and Petracca.

Good to see the guys fought their way back into the game and have a win and hopefully the inclusion of Taranto, Dusty & Prestia help elevate my concerns.

Playing devil's advocate here, is no one here at all concerned how easy Petracca and Gawn won centre clearances yesterday?

Melbourne's 5 goal head start was due to Petracca's dominance. If they get Brayshaw back and Oliver gets his head back in the game, will we even get close next time? Seemed like whenever Petracca went into the middle Melbourne fought their way back easily.

To me Melbourne still has the same old issues of last year, they rely heavily on their top 5 or 6 players performing, if you can shut them down then they will struggle, for us though I think we had trouble putting the brakes on Gawn and Petracca.

Good to see the guys fought their way back into the game and have a win and hopefully the inclusion of Taranto, Dusty & Prestia help elevate my concerns.
You answered your own question

* its mums birthday, totally forgot, thanks for that!
Well hopefully you were more positive towards her big day and didn't write it off as just another birthday ;)

Without dusty TT Prestia and nank that was 50% strength at cbd to think that we would have comfortably exceeded them in i50 , your question would be better directed at how did their two prime movers allow this ,,, blatantly bloody obvious really

Yeh its not as if our midfield was missing Dusty, Taranto, Prestia, Nank or anything

Edit: actually read your entire post the second time and saw you mentioned them, but lets just pretend you didnt

You just answered your own question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh its not as if our midfield was missing Dusty, Taranto, Prestia, Nank or anything

Edit: actually read your entire post the second time and saw you mentioned them, but lets just pretend you didnt
All good, I just didn't like the start of our game and I didn't like what i saw in the 3rd quarter. However, I tried to remind myself of those players being out and also missing Baker (our new mid). I just hate seeing Gawn & Petracca rip through us so easily, hopefully the pies game is different with some better players returning.

They were on top in that area. Also Gawn was not picked up on a lot of his real late pushes in the Ruck he will end up getting pinged on those until he plays us so hopefully he doesnt do it as much.

Another interesting thing from yesterday's game is that it was Melbourne's largest conceded score in any match (match simulation, official pre-season, H&A, or finals) since Round 3 of 2019. Melbourne's defence is normally quite miserly regardless of whether Oliver and Salem play. Good signs for us (we did it without Lynch or Dusty's influence), but I'd be a bit concerned if I was a Melbourne supporter. Are some of their players approaching the cliff this season?
Just the 4 quarter score or is it because we had 7 quarters to rack up a cricket score?

Hmm na it just looks like that cos he knows his strengths and game so well now

It’s taken 2 years but Shai has realized the Michael Jordan and Kobe work ethic to get to the absolute top

So excited to see how good he can get
By being in 2nd gear I meant Shai still has so much more to give…he wasn’t at full tilt in the sim

agree he is great to watch, makes the hardest plays look easy

By being in 2nd gear I meant Shai still has so much more to give…he wasn’t at full tilt in the sim

agree he is great to watch, makes the hardest plays look easy
Good to see Shai share the ball a little bit as well, when he usually would have had a shot.

They were on top in that area. Also Gawn was not picked up on a lot of his real late pushes in the Ruck he will end up getting pinged on those until he plays us so hopefully he doesnt do it as much.
Thanks for actually replying instead of just having a crack at the post like most people on here do. We have a lot of posters who hit the defensive mode so quickly.

did we win
Chris Farley Idk GIF

Reckon if Naismith keeps dishing Up good solid performances ( like he did yesterday…(rucked well, 2nd and 3rd efforts, lots of pressure, good below ground , getting teammates involved),

he will trouble selectors………….him or the captain?

no need to play both with Balta, Kosi (Miller if he plays) can 2nd ruck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back