Training Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

If you look hard enough there may just be one positive post in there somewhere pal.
Havent got days and days to look I'm afraid.

But to be frank I dont read your posts too often as personally I dont get much value.

But you seem to like your posts so knock yourself out.

I'll really be looking forward to next year = expecting big things from Acres , Steele , Billings , Sinclair , Dunstan , Gresham , McCartin , White(these kids can all be elite) if they all step up we will kill it - imagine also adding 2 elite kids from the draft to the team plus McKenzie , Goddard , Phillips , Long , Battle , Marshall , Rice , Austin.
Throw in our Roberton , Carlisle , Steven , Ross , Membery , Bruce , Longer , Webster, Geary and I can't see why we will not have a great year.

Quite staggering that someone of just 182cm would be playing at 91kg in this day and age! But anyway, Mav's lost 8kg according to Richo and is "flying" and Richo confirmed that he had a very bad ankle this year and "shouldn't have been playing", but wanted to because he was in the leadership group and didn't want to not be out there for his team.

Really looking forward to seeing how he goes this year without carrying around so much bulk. In particular if he's able to play more midfield time, where we could really do with his speed/explosiveness/agility. Really liked what I saw of him late in the win over Hawthorn in Tassie when he was played in the middle and had 28 disposals and a couple of goals for the game. We saw that he has the capability.

Would love for him to have a real breakout year, as he is someone that will make us better if he does and make the others around him stand tall.

Quite staggering that someone of just 182cm would be playing at 91kg in this day and age! But anyway, Mav's lost 8kg according to Richo and is "flying" and Richo confirmed that he had a very bad ankle this year and "shouldn't have been playing", but wanted to because he was in the leadership group and didn't want to not be out there for his team.

Really looking forward to seeing how he goes this year without carrying around so much bulk. In particular if he's able to play more midfield time, where we could really do with his speed/explosiveness/agility. Really liked what I saw of him late in the win over Hawthorn in Tassie when he was played in the middle and had 28 disposals and a couple of goals for the game. We saw that he has the capability.

Would love for him to have a real breakout year, as he is someone that will make us better if he does and make the others around him stand tall.
I have to admit, I'd written Mav off a bit after last year, thinking his 2016 was a bit of a flash in the pan. The news that he was carrying injuries, as much as it's a shame, has renewed my hope that he can still be a player for us. One thing is for sure, he really lost his confidence this year. A few good performances early in the year will really help him.

I have to admit, I'd written Mav off a bit after last year, thinking his 2016 was a bit of a flash in the pan. The news that he was carrying injuries, as much as it's a shame, has renewed my hope that he can still be a player for us. One thing is for sure, he really lost his confidence this year. A few good performances early in the year will really help him.
I cant remember what game it was but i remember mav taking a mark on the flank and he flexed long enough to kiss each bicep. Lets hope the fitness staff dont turn him into a manpower clone this year.

It's no wonder he struggled so much with his form and then confidence when he was carrying around 91kg of mass on a bung ankle!

Reminds me of when Plugger would be carrying around 110kgs or whatever he was at with his crook ankle.

He won't know himself on the track/ground (or looking in the mirror!) being 8kg lighter.

I'm genuinely excited to see what he'll produce next year now that we've had it confirmed that he had an injury and that it was in fact pretty bad, and then on top of that that he's lost a chunk of weight.

In recent years we've seen Armo play by far his best footy after slimming down and then Skunk do the same the following year for instance. It can be a game changer for them and on top of that you can bet he'll be super-keen to rebound hard and step up in the absence of Roo and Joey.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-18/potbellied-pig-turns-into-man-of-steele

Pot-bellied 'Pig' turns into man of Steele

This time though, the scenario is different. After travelling to the US with teammates Blake Acres and Luke Dunstan, he posted a personal best in the 3km time trial on his return. Acres and Dunstan did the same

"I want to increase my running capacity during a game," he said.

"I feel like I'm fit out here training but I don't really utilise that so much when it comes to a game, so that's going to be my focus. Just getting a lot more on the outside."

Improvement will be needed, with plenty of inside midfielders competing for spots in the side.

Armitage will be back in the mix in 2018 after an injury-plagued campaign, Dunstan ended the season well, Koby Stevens looked good in his first year at the Saints, and Seb Ross and Jack Steven are bona fide stars.

Steele never strung together more than six games in a row at the Giants and he is determined to stay in the side, even if it comes at the expense of his closest friends.

"You want to play in front of your best mate. If you have to beat him to play, then you just do it," Steele said.

yowza.

I'll really be looking forward to next year = expecting big things from Acres , Steele , Billings , Sinclair , Dunstan , Gresham , McCartin , White(these kids can all be elite) if they all step up we will kill it - imagine also adding 2 elite kids from the draft to the team plus McKenzie , Goddard , Phillips , Long , Battle , Marshall , Rice , Austin.
Throw in our Roberton , Carlisle , Steven , Ross , Membery , Bruce , Longer , Webster, Geary and I can't see why we will not have a great year.

People are forgetting we can get just as much improvement form Weller, Freeman, and Armitage.
The likelyhood of all of them being shot is less than the likelyhood of one of our draft picks being a gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today is the day that the whole groups gets back together as one.

The 3 players that we trialled last week has ended and it will be interesting who we pick out of Lamb/Collins or maybe neither.

Will be interesting to see who out of Geary/Mckenzie/Phillips will win the 3km time trial as a bit of bragging rights, or maybe a smokie in Sinclair or Acres?

Let the fun and games begin..

Today is the day that the whole groups gets back together as one.

The 3 players that we trialled last week has ended and it will be interesting who we pick out of Lamb/Collins or maybe neither.

Will be interesting to see who out of Geary/Mckenzie/Phillips will win the 3km time trial as a bit of bragging rights, or maybe a smokie in Sinclair or Acres?

Let the fun and games begin..
expect Phillips to kill it

Had a function with Josh Kennedy from the Eagles on Saturday, rates Tom Lamb highly. Said we’re taking him but we’ll see how he trains over the next few weeks.
Is related to Ian Cooper from our premiership side . ( grandson)
That's probably a bit of a Sandra Sully fact but surely somebody here didn't already know that.

The leadership group, Ben Long and the coaches are in the NT for a camp. Mav's shoulders appear much slimmer, in line with the amount of weight he has lost. Stuv also appears quite fit for this time of year, considering his pot belly during parts of last season.

Armo is noticeably missing from the photo, suggesting he won't be in the leadership group anymore.

The leadership group, Ben Long and the coaches are in the NT for a camp. Mav's shoulders appear much slimmer, in line with the amount of weight he has lost. Stuv also appears quite fit for this time of year, considering his pot belly during parts of last season.

Armo is noticeably missing from the photo, suggesting he won't be in the leadership group anymore.

That’s a huge vote of confidence in Long by the leadership group, coaches and the club.

Ben Long also looking noticeably bigger overall considering he was pretty thin last pre season.

Yikes, Seb looks like he's put on some muscle :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back