Training Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I cannot see Bruce playing mobile tall forward and second ruck effectively.
The likely outcome is that he will suck at both.
There needs to be another solution for ruck relief.
I agree. We shouldn't be playing Bruce in the ruck at all and neither should we be playing Gilbert in this role either. Neither of them are physically big/strong enough to compete effectively. Marshall looks a better prospect as far as ruck duties are concerned, if we are not going to play both Longer and Hickey in tandem.

I agree. We shouldn't be playing Bruce in the ruck at all and neither should we be playing Gilbert in this role either. Neither of them are physically big/strong enough to compete effectively. Marshall looks a better prospect as far as ruck duties are concerned, if we are not going to play both Longer and Hickey in tandem.

I think they must have hoped that Hickey would be able to play other roles like Gilbert does, but he never got that good at it, then with the 3rd man up rule, ......

Quality kids will bring people through the gate and build excitement.
Stop playing senior butcher kicks!

So... what is next for the saints? No game for 2 weeks. I've had a taste (even though it was a bit sour). Do we have a practice match or something to look forward to? At least we can't lose that ;)

So... what is next for the saints? No game for 2 weeks. I've had a taste (even though it was a bit sour). Do we have a practice match or something to look forward to? At least we can't lose that ;)
I think the guys that didn’t play JLT are playing a combined intro club match with Sandringham players at some stage? Possibly today?

Id go the other way and have no practice matches. Would make the first round more interesting.

Besides, think of all the angst it would spare us!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope theAFL goes away from AFLX next year and gives the teams three practice games back. That way we are bound to see some youngsters have a go.
Whats dumber is that that AFLX would have made a perfect half time exhibition match for players that weren't playing the main one. Could have had a heap more of them over the entire series with no issue. The AFL are dumb as * sometimes.

Whats dumber is that that AFLX would have made a perfect half time exhibition match for players that weren't playing the main one. Could have had a heap more of them over the entire series with no issue. The AFL are dumb as **** sometimes.
AFLX not a bad idea for international market but not here .
Could be used effectively with recent retired players transitioning out of a professional environment to every day life
Just an over load with AFLW

The last couple of pages have had some excellent discussion (StCicatriz- bravo on your ball-movement analysis) and identified the things that continue to frustrate, and these are why I don’t believe we will play finals this year. We aren’t yet good enough in certain facets.

Did anyone catch any of the run around at TBO today?

Curnow is a year younger and already has more career goals than Paddy.
Looks far superior a prospect.

My brother follows the Blues and he reckons he'll be a gun. Dermott reckons he'll be the best player in the aFL in a few years. He's either completely over hyped or he's going to be amazing. Hope he's a spud. They reckon he's Kouta mark II.

Curnow is a year younger and already has more career goals than Paddy.
Looks far superior a prospect.
Averages less per game - he’s just played more than paddy

Loved it when derm was trying to get the circle going and one of his colleagues pointed out he’d hardly touched it.

Derms response - but when he decides to contest he can often get a hand to it......thus describing pretty much every key position player in the league.

More a criticism of the hype though - he certainly looks like he’ll have good career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back