Training Pre Season

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
well, he had good mobility as a youngster, he can lose the weight and still have decent enough mobility ala lynch, patton. Kosi's agility had more to do with his badly managed injuries (back and knee) and nothing to do with him getting tragically blindsided - but I'm sure as a knee doc you'd be all over that.. he will however have a higher chance of dementia and other serious problems, hence my calling you an ass. Kosi's main problem was he didn't really want to be an AFL footballer.

but mainly, forwards require less mobility than defenders hence the thought. Paddy and him could rotate out of the goalsquare as most key forwards do these days
Goddard could end up anywhere , still has to get on the park and when he does could play forward or back , it all depends how he performs = if he is too slow for a back he could well line up in the forward line - like a Hawkins he has not too much of a turning circle .

Aug 25, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, San Antonio Spurs
Sounds like you don't like being challenged either.
Logging off for a while? That's precious
Nah, I love the banter. Just think it’s inappropriate to refer to people as an ‘ass’ or a ‘flog’ on here. We all support the same ******* team FFS. That’s more my issue. Difference of opinion should be welcome. Name calling should not be

Anyhow, bye

PaddysurDaddy

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Nah, I love the banter. Just think it’s inappropriate to refer to people as an ‘ass’ or a ‘flog’ on here. We all support the same ******* team FFS. That’s more my issue. Difference of opinion should be welcome. Name calling should not be

Anyhow, bye
lol, it was a light play on words after you insinuated the reason kosi had a poor turning circle was because he had brain damage from concussion..

Sep 14, 2008
L2 A30
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
While we’re at it then. Can’t wait to see Nathan Freeman become a 250 game dual All Australian wingman & premiership player. I know he’s had a bad run with injuries but the kid can play (even though after 4 years he’s still yet to play even 1 nanosecond at AFL level), im very optimistic. Can’t wait to see him get out there & carve it up. Bloke will be a superstar

Settle down Rors... all the bloke said was that he’d like to see HG play at CHF. No one has made any grand claims about him being a superstar (not Freeman either for that matter).

The ONLY reason HG isn’t up around 50 AFL games by now is due to two serious injuries. The games he played at the end of 2015 were very promising... I don’t see any reason why he can’t establish himself as a quality senior player.

You’re right that he needs to trim down & get more mobile but that’s just something that can happen to a young bloke who hits the weights properly for the first time... get strong & some size then strip bulk back a bit if needed without losing too much strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Another thing - all the experts say we don't have a midfield - well I hate to say it but we could end up with the best midfield going around .

in my opinion Steele is on his way to become the same type of player as Kennedy from the Swans .

Dunstan showed towards the end this year he can play and looks to have the same work ethic as Viney from the Demons.

Throw in Steven who on his day can do anything and the ever improving Ross , you have 4 outstanding mids with Billings - who could easy be a All Australian next year , Acres - who we know has the ability to be anything , Gresham - just class , Stevens - under rated and even Armitage , Freeman waiting in the wings if the can stay on the pitch / amazing how things can change so quickly.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
So you were in the clip pebbles.......I'll say it again....an awesome clip.
Sorry - not literally in the clip - more like they got the inspiration from me - passed out in a pile of vomit at some random party in the SE suburbs following a game at Moorabbin - pretty much sums up most of my Saturday nights in the late 80's and early 90's.

On K107 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC

Anyhow, bye
I will still call you a kent on twitter until you block me snowflake

Smoke_Me_AKipper

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Tottenham; Philadelphia Eagles
lol. you'd be a great list manager.. 'sure, he's 205 cm and played ruck his entire junior career, but he's pulled a hammy so let's wait till he gets through rehab before we speculate on his position!!'

But wouldn't you agree an achilles injury is more serious than just a hammy? It can seriously affect the guys speed wheras a hammy is just, well, a hammy and shouldn't hamper someone with their speed. I think all Rors is saying, (without speaking for you Rors) is lets wait and see Hughie play 10-15 games and actually perform in the twos before talking about him playing a role in the seniors.

I agree with that. I hope Hughie makes it but the odds are starting to get longer and longer with him having what, essentially two years out. It's a wait and see with Hughie.

The same can be said for Freeman - even longer at 4 years. Can he make it? I hope he can but I think if he can't make it this year then thats it for the kid. I dont think he'll be offered another contract if he doesnt show anything. Probably a bit captain obvious I know but there you go.

Fingers crossed for both players

image.jpeg

Thats why he's the GOAT :D

PaddysurDaddy

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
But wouldn't you agree an achilles injury is more serious than just a hammy? It can seriously affect the guys speed wheras a hammy is just, well, a hammy and shouldn't hamper someone with their speed. I think all Rors is saying, (without speaking for you Rors) is lets wait and see Hughie play 10-15 games and actually perform in the twos before talking about him playing a role in the seniors.

I agree with that. I hope Hughie makes it but the odds are starting to get longer and longer with him having what, essentially two years out. It's a wait and see with Hughie.

The same can be said for Freeman - even longer at 4 years. Can he make it? I hope he can but I think if he can't make it this year then thats it for the kid. I dont think he'll be offered another contract if he doesnt show anything. Probably a bit captain obvious I know but there you go.

Fingers crossed for both players
diplomatic and reasonable response, but I think this is an each to their own kind of thing. if we have a player on our list i'm gonna talk about what kind of a role said player could play in our team. If Goddard plays it's either going to be as a KPD or a KPF, or a hybrid ruck (much less likely) - if the convo is on goddard, then speculate I will. If rors doesn't want to read posts speculating on the roles players on our list could play, then maybe he should get.. goin'

:p

Smoke_Me_AKipper

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
diplomatic and reasonable response, but I think this is an each to their own kind of thing. if we have a player on our list i'm gonna talk about what kind of a role said player could play in our team. If Goddard plays it's either going to be as a KPD or a KPF, or a hybrid ruck (much less likely) - if the convo is on goddard, then speculate I will. If rors doesn't want to read posts speculating on the roles players on our list could play, then maybe he should get.. goin'

:p

I actually agree with you. Talk away - it's all opinions at the end of the day and no-one is right or wrong except Mr Hindsight. That bastard is ALWAYS right!!!!

I personally think the position for Hugh is the hybrid ruck assuming he can actually get out on the park and play some games. I query his pace....I'm actually struggling to see what you guys are arguing about (rhetorical comment btw) as you agree with some of the things you guys are saying :)

Smoke_Me_AKipper

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
.:p

I desperately want him to make it as our 2014 draft would look pretty ordinary if he doesnt for one thing but big guys are harder to find. I remember BJ saying when we recruited him that Hugh will end up as a forward. Hope the club see things the same way. I'm guessing they do with the recruitment of Austin and Clavarino

PaddysurDaddy

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
I actually agree with you. Talk away - it's all opinions at the end of the day and no-one is right or wrong except Mr Hindsight. That bastard is ALWAYS right!!!!

I personally think the position for Hugh is the hybrid ruck assuming he can actually get out on the park and play some games. I query his pace....I'm actually struggling to see what you guys are arguing about (rhetorical comment btw) as you agree with some of the things you guys are saying :)
yeah i just reckon if he's gonna play it's more likely up forward or in that hybrid ruck position, cos he's naturally gonna be a big dude and he can take a mark in a pack. But yeah long way off, it's just where I reckon he'll play if he cements a role

Smoke_Me_AKipper

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
yeah i just reckon if he's gonna play it's more likely up forward or in that hybrid ruck position, cos he's naturally gonna be a big dude and he can take a mark in a pack. But yeah long way off, it's just where I reckon he'll play if he cements a role

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda

Harry Hindsight likes this post in 4 years time...

Another thing - all the experts say we don't have a midfield - well I hate to say it but we could end up with the best midfield going around .

in my opinion Steele is on his way to become the same type of player as Kennedy from the Swans .

Dunstan showed towards the end this year he can play and looks to have the same work ethic as Viney from the Demons.

Throw in Steven who on his day can do anything and the ever improving Ross , you have 4 outstanding mids with Billings - who could easy be a All Australian next year , Acres - who we know has the ability to be anything , Gresham - just class , Stevens - under rated and even Armitage , Freeman waiting in the wings if the can stay on the pitch / amazing how things can change so quickly.

Still think you lack a true elite mid.

Steele will never be JPK

Seb Ross however has potential to be a gun

Billings will be / is fast becoming the same feared type as Chad & Toby

Jack Steven solid citizen but never gonna be elite

Armitage... 2 levels below elite

Acres is my pick of the Saints see Fyfe. Just needs to have someone train with him and push him to top 0.01% elite fitness and strength levels

Back