Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

When does pre season training commence?

WESTERN BULLDOGS​

Return dates

First to four-year players – November 21

Others – December 5

Who is fit?

The 2020 No. 1 draft pick Jamarra Ugle-Hagan is putting in the work and is looking in serious shape after he began to demonstrate his talent this year. Bailey Smith is also maintaining his ultra-fitness in the off-season.

Who is starting on time?

The Bulldogs finished the season without any long-term injury concerns, so most of the playing list should be fit and healthy when training officially begins.

Who was in for surgery?

To be advised

More Coverage​

Will AFL be allowed in without a confirmed Tassie team?The highly rated key forward just as happy down backRobbo: Why sirens must be wailing at AFL house
New faces

Rory Lobb and Liam Jones have both been at the Kennel, spending some time in the gym. Jones returns to familiar surroundings having being drafted by the Western Bulldogs in 2008.

Marras looking noticeably fitter in a pics I’ve seen this off-season, kids going to explode on field soon. I think people underrate how good he’ll be.

I love Naughty I think he’s genuinely in the top handful of forwards in the comp already at 22. But Marras different, hes a goal kicker - he’s one of the few, if not the only, current young forwards in the comp who I reckon has 70+ goal
season potential

Marras looking noticeably fitter in a pics I’ve seen this off-season, kids going to explode on field soon. I think people underrate how good he’ll be.

I love Naughty I think he’s genuinely in the top handful of forwards in the comp already at 22. But Marras different, hes a goal kicker - he’s one of the few, if not the only, current young forwards in the comp who I reckon has 70+ goal
season potential
It’s bodes extremely well that he was awarded the coaches aware too. He had a very difficult first year but took strides last season. He’s clearly doing a power of the work behind the scenes that hasn’t necessarily shown on the field yet.

The reality was that he was always going to be a bit of a project until his strength and endurance could catch up to AFL standard.

Seen a few picture Marras uploaded to instagram. Definitely putting in the work. With a bit of good luck hopefully it translates on field with some good performances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dale Morris joins the Brisbane Lions in 2023 as a Development coach.
Sad Season 3 GIF by Rick and Morty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back