FTA-TV Preacher

Preacher a DC/Vertigo comics adaptation on AMC is set to air on May 22 but there was a preview screening at south by southwest festival over the weekend and the reactions were fantastic apparently.

This should be DC's chance to show what can be done with their material away from the CW and on a proper channel and hopefully give Netflix Marvel stable a run for their money

http://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-what-e...utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Magpiespower

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan
Dec 16, 2004
Salisbury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Huge fan of the comic back in the day. Haven't read it in ages so I'll pretty much be watching with fresh eyes. See how they handle some of that crazy s**t...

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Saw the trailer a while ago. It looked good but my interest deflated immediately when it said "COMIC SERIES". I like my TV dramas to be TV dramas. Get the impression this is going to be the main character beating up/killing a different person each week. Rinse and repeat.

Saw the trailer a while ago. It looked good but my interest deflated immediately when it said "COMIC SERIES". I like my TV dramas to be TV dramas. Get the impression this is going to be the main character beating up/killing a different person each week. Rinse and repeat.

Do you actually like anything?

Watchyourwaite

Deleted
Pokemon is Life Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Apr 30, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors

Wow. I'm hooked!

God dammit, I prefer finding these threads after the show has been out for a few years, so I can watch a heap of it.
I don't want to Waite!

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
I think the first season will be great, then AMC will be dicks and slash the budget. just hope it can stay good. or fly under the radar so AMC dont f**k with it like Halt and Catch Fire has so far.

Back