FTA-TV Preacher

Remove this Banner Ad

He needed to get him to come to Church which made no sense since he could have just made him come since he was using his powers on him anyway

Yeah but seems like they had a certain rapport/familiarity? Like this was a semi-regular catchup that they have? Seems starnge that Jessie would be hanging out with him given what we've seen of the 2 characters so far.

I'm probably jumping the gun a bit and it will be fleshed out more in coming episodes, hope so anyway.

Yep. Maybe the voice power has some unintended consequences, seemed to be what the blokes from heaven (lol) were driving at the scene prior with Jessie in the diner. Could be a pretty big problem with all the people Jessie has been hypno-toading.

Oh and season 2 confirmed, yay

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/75579

He told the first bloke to show his heart to his mum and he literally showed her his heart

and the pedo bus driver he told to forget the girl completely forgot she even existed

it seems he needs to be careful what he tells people because they do exactly that like the 'open your eyes' coma girl

He told Quincannon to "serve God", maybe god wanted those guys dead?

Back on track, solid ep. The pre-credits sequence was awesome, lol at the pile of bodies. So those guys are actually angels, haha. Cassidy in top form.

Although not sure what the mayor is trying to achieve staging the car 'accident'. I know its a small town in texas but surely even a cursory examination reveals those bodies were pumped full of bullets.

Back on track, solid ep. The pre-credits sequence was awesome, lol at the pile of bodies. So those guys are actually angels, haha. Cassidy in top form.

Although not sure what the mayor is trying to achieve staging the car 'accident'. I know its a small town in texas but surely even a cursory examination reveals those bodies were pumped full of bullets.

Really enjoyed it as well, their cliffhangers have been on point the last 2 episodes.

The hotel fight was great as well.

The mayor doesn't strike me as the smartest bloke, he is prob in Quincannon's pocket same with the cops

poor arseface though

Absolutely loving this show. After the first two episodes, I was telling anyone and everyone about it and the next couple were a bit slower and my recommendations got panned a little ... but eps 5 and 6 were crackers. I can't believe Arseface a) exists, and b) no longer does. What a sad life for that character - it was heart-wrenching when his dad cracked and told him to finish the job. Must've been really hard on them both.

Didn't understand what the heck was going on after the first few, but still loved what it was doing. Now 8 episodes in, I get what's going on and love it even more.

Can't wait for the last two.

Still not sure why everyone is on board with Quincannon taking the church by force, verbal contract my arse.

So now that Genesis has 'chosen' Jessie again after being removed, the angels are moving onto the 'other way' (which from memory involves cutting it out with a chainsaw)?

I was really confused about tulip and the dog and why Cassidy wasn't in the last episode, just had a cartoon like lightbulb moment happen as it finally dawned on me.

Haha same. Can't believe Jessie left him to die, guessing there will be a fairly hilarious confrontation once Cass is feeling like himself again.

Tried but couldn't get past 20 mins into the pilot. Just seemed so bland.

Does it get significantly better?

Didn't Cassidy's plane fight and Tulip's home-made bazooka occur in the first 20 mins? Bland isn't the word I'd use.

I'd say yes it does get better, but then again I thought the pilot was fantastic so maybe its just not your thing.

Just watched the last 8 episodes in the past 2 or 3 days. I got hooked.

It's weird. The show feels slow yet absolutely captivating.

The last 2 episodes have been absolute crackers though.

Hahaha the Breaking Bad homage, love it. Also enjoyed finding out what the hell was going on with the cowboy stuff they've sprinkled into openers throughout season 1, pretty cool payoff.

But wtf were they thinking with Emily feeding the mayor to Cass? Where did that come from all of a sudden? Yeah she didn't really like him but her character has been set up as a kind of moral counterpoint to Tulip, if she was going to turn some groundwork needed to be laid weeks ago, this felt compltely out of left field and not earned at all. Made no sense whatsoever and not sure what the point of her character is after this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But wtf were they thinking with Emily feeding the mayor to Cass? Where did that come from all of a sudden? Yeah she didn't really like him but her character has been set up as a kind of moral counterpoint to Tulip, if she was going to turn some groundwork needed to be laid weeks ago, this felt compltely out of left field and not earned at all. Made no sense whatsoever and not sure what the point of her character is after this.

It actually made me feel like I had missed something in the previous episodes. Didn't see it coming at all, and not in the good twist kind of way.

Hahaha the Breaking Bad homage, love it. Also enjoyed finding out what the hell was going on with the cowboy stuff they've sprinkled into openers throughout season 1, pretty cool payoff.

Was the bolded an intentional pun?

I wasn't so bothered with her feeding the mayor to Cassidy. This show has been a wild ride from the very beginning and seeing people do out of character things doesn't really bother me. I mean, the mayor staged a car crash for murder victims to save Quincannon and that doesn't seem like something he would be a part of. I just assumed it meant that Emily realised a) the world is far crazier than she thought, and b) she doesn't like the mayor or the fact that he was trying to weasel his way into her life more and more. To be honest, I thought she was going to sacrifice Uncle Walter until she called the mayor.

1. You pricks really need to get your heads around the spoiler tag function.

That repeating bit at the end of episode 9 really tripped me out... **** me, this is a great show.

Don't read the thread until you have watched the episode......

They're right though. Spoiler tags aren't necessary are they?

So what's everyone's tip for the finale?

He calls God, old mate from hell comes to kick ass, heaps of people die, preacher cass and tulip start their road trip, arseface comes back somehow seeking vengeance on Custer.

He calls God, old mate from hell comes to kick ass, heaps of people die, preacher cass and tulip start their road trip, arseface comes back somehow seeking vengeance on Custer.

I was thinking there might be some sort of stand-off between God and the cowboy that somehow spares the town, but you're probably right with a lot of people biting the dust!

What road trip do you mean? I thought Tulip was already off doing her own thing with Carlos.

I was thinking there might be some sort of stand-off between God and the cowboy that somehow spares the town, but you're probably right with a lot of people biting the dust!

What road trip do you mean? I thought Tulip was already off doing her own thing with Carlos.

I've just realised who the cowboy is, finale should be awesome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back