FTA-TV Preacher

Remove this Banner Ad

Was the bolded an intentional pun?

I wasn't so bothered with her feeding the mayor to Cassidy. This show has been a wild ride from the very beginning and seeing people do out of character things doesn't really bother me. I mean, the mayor staged a car crash for murder victims to save Quincannon and that doesn't seem like something he would be a part of. I just assumed it meant that Emily realised a) the world is far crazier than she thought, and b) she doesn't like the mayor or the fact that he was trying to weasel his way into her life more and more. To be honest, I thought she was going to sacrifice Uncle Walter until she called the mayor.

Ha, nope but it should have been.

Hmm I suppose so, although I bought the mayor staging the car accident because it was already established that he is very subserviant to Quincannon. This seemed a little more of a 180. Also Jessie just going with it grated on me a little, although totally worth it for his scene with Cassidy when they made up - 'so.. do you wanna have a shag or hold hands or something' lol.

But not a big deal in the scheme of things, still a top show.

Ha, nope but it should have been.

Hmm I suppose so, although I bought the mayor staging the car accident because it was already established that he is very subserviant to Quincannon. This seemed a little more of a 180. Also Jessie just going with it grated on me a little, although totally worth it for his scene with Cassidy when they made up - 'so.. do you wanna have a shag or hold hands or something' lol.

But not a big deal in the scheme of things, still a top show.

Cass is by far the best one in the show and it showed when he wasn't in the episode before this one

Nearly pissed myself when 'God' showed up via videoconference. This show is so ridiculous but gets away with it more often than not due to being pretty hilarious. Think Cassidy's been the best part of this season; 'yep, plonkers and gobshites as far as the eye can see', think I'm gonna borrow that one :D

Decent if patchy finale. Loved the almost last scene with Jessie Cass and Tulip in the diner. One thing I really didn't like was (apparently) the whole town blowing up? Jessie Cass and Tulip don't even know it happened, where did they go to get french fries, Oklahoma? And the tone of the news report didn't really indicate 100s (1000s?) of people had died.

Still, pretty good first season. Good music in the finale too, this choice was perfect;

Thought for sure the final scene was going to be Carlos sliding down the chute into the reservoir of s**t, but yeah what the hell, blow up the whole town. That's good too.

I actually thought it was a bit of a let-down. I was expecting there to be some sort of showdown with the murder-loving cowboy, but it seems that it was all a big setup for the next season. I did enjoy the bizarreness of the whole episode though. Do we think anyone survived the explosion? I'm assuming not, but then it feels like a waste of getting to know any of them ...

You know one time i took quite a bit of angel dust and then i drank an 8 pack of red bull went to a Beiber concert.... honestly this is crazier than that.

Best line ever, Cass is amazing

Do we think anyone survived the explosion? I'm assuming not, but then it feels like a waste of getting to know any of them ...

Agree. Not that there we are losing any outstanding characters but yeah I'll still miss the sheriff and quincannon a bit. Pretty sad that Emily's kids get blown up 5 mins after she tells them everything is fine too.

It sounds like they (Custer, Cass & Tulip) are going on one big roadtrip and we might be leaving Annville for good.

Next season will be about the Trio's search for God while the Saint of Killers is hot on their tail. Custer will still be battling his inner demons of what is good and bad, I imagine Arseface/or at least the thought of Arseface will continue to play a big part in these developments.

I can't see what purpose the folks in the small town can play in moving the story forward. So blowing them all up frees us from that story arc and allows us to go forward with a clean-ish slate.

-----

That all said, I'm really not sure what I thought of the first season. It had flashes of brilliance but in my mind never quite sustained it leaving me feeling somewhat letdown. Good show that I enjoyed but not quite living up to it's potential. It's refreshing to have something wildly different on TV. I hope the show continues and grows. I love both Cass and Tulip (Especially her opening scene with the homemade bazooka) but I think Custer steals the show for me, full of fear and doubts while still believing in hope for the future. Such a well rounded and deep character.

Just watched the whole lot in 2 days. Loved it. Captures the feel and the humour of the comic very well, though it looks like they're telling the story a bit differently.

That finale was epic!

I was under the impression season 1 was almost a prequel to the comics and season 2 will be closer to the story

I was under the impression season 1 was almost a prequel to the comics and season 2 will be closer to the story
Yeah, I think the church being destroyed was the beginning of the comic.

But Quincannon was a regular character in the comics, and here it seems as though they might have killed him off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I think the church being destroyed was the beginning of the comic.

But Quincannon was a regular character in the comics, and here it seems as though they might have killed him off.

Some maybe he survived somehow? Or maybe they just decided to put his arc into what now appears to be a prequel season. I'd like for him to continue though, because the scenes with him and Jesse were all great!

b7754963c9e9c305763beba23958b895.gif

the opening with the car chase, made to look like it was shot on old film was great.

Thought the episode started to fast with the shootout that the rest of the episode was a bit of a letdown.

Watching Cass on the TVs in the background at the strip club was great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back