Movie Predator

Remove this Banner Ad

And who can forget ,

predator3.jpg

Ole Painless

avp was so bad...as if the predator would make friends with that chick that couldn't act...he'd kill her there and then, skin her, then strap that b*tch up.

Why? The Predator in the original let the unarmed woman live. They are hunters,not murderers. I am apalled at your at your lack of knowledge of Predator lore!!1

i guess your right...i just wanted that chick to die :D. it was so predictable that the girl would be the only one to live. Would the predator seriously make friends with her and help her though? that seemed pretty dodge

The AvP comics story line was based on a chick that is accepted into a predator clan and is invited on board their ship for another hunt. The movies aren't true to the comic, but it's the same sort of running theme. Still hated the movie though.

Fair enough, I just don't like the "turn your brain off before viewing" movies.

Each to their own, I know most of the movies I watch a lot of people wouldn't like, or probably wouldn't have heard of, because I watch a lot of foreign films.

Here, "foreign guy." Predator foreign edition for your reding pleasure. :rolleyes:

This stuff will make you a god damned "foreign" sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

great 80s action movie. shame this genre seems to have run out of steam. only complaint about the movie is that Billy died far too early but he was the s**t!

great 80s action movie. shame this genre seems to have run out of steam. only complaint about the movie is that Billy died far too early but he was the s**t!

Stallone is trying his darndest to bring it back with The Expendables, but apart from that they just don't/can't make movies like this anymore. Everything is so focussed on box office these days that there's no room for them. Aside from the fact that there is no Schwarzenegger-level action actor, studios just aren't interested in putting out adult action films with lots of swearing and violence, a hard R rating and effectively decimating their potential audience and revenue. Gotta dumb it down to PG-13 so they can make their bank. See the Die Hard franchise for a perfect example of this modern mainstreaming approach in action; 1 (R) is amazing, 2 (R) is pretty good, 3 (M I think) is semi watchable I guess, 4 (PG) is rubbish and I assume 5 (PG) is an unmitigated disaster (saw 4 and decided I was never watching another one again).

Sad.. but anyway back to Predator..

predator-handshake_design.png

Stallone is trying his darndest to bring it back with The Expendables, but apart from that they just don't/can't make movies like this anymore. Everything is so focussed on box office these days that there's no room for them. Aside from the fact that there is no Schwarzenegger-level action actor, studios just aren't interested in putting out adult action films with lots of swearing and violence, a hard R rating and effectively decimating their potential audience and revenue. Gotta dumb it down to PG-13 so they can make their bank. See the Die Hard franchise for a perfect example of this modern mainstreaming approach in action; 1 (R) is amazing, 2 (R) is pretty good, 3 (M I think) is semi watchable I guess, 4 (PG) is rubbish and I assume 5 (PG) is an unmitigated disaster (saw 4 and decided I was never watching another one again).

I'd take a PG-13 Die Hard 4 over a PG-13 The Expendables 3 any day of the week. Stallone trying is darndest? Gimme a break! He pissed on his audience when he allowed Exp 3 to be PG-13. At least Die Hard 4 didn't have such a throw away plot.

I'd take a PG-13 Die Hard 4 over a PG-13 The Expendables 3 any day of the week. Stallone trying is darndest? Gimme a break! He pissed on his audience when he allowed Exp 3 to be PG-13. At least Die Hard 4 didn't have such a throw away plot.

Expendables 3 is PG-13!? Wow news to me, saw the first one and got through it mainly thanks to it being unintentionally hilarious in parts but overall it was pretty terrible, haven't taken any notice of the sequels. Perfectly illustrates my point though - it started as Stallone's love letter to 80s action movies and now the only way he can keep making them is to let the suits trample it down to PG-13.

Can't agree about Die Hard 4 though, that movie was a steaming pile of crap (IMO of course ;))

* Expendables 3 pissed me off. The whole recruiting of new characters who nobody wants to watch and in the process stealing time away from the actual 80s stars. Should of made it a movie about
rescuing Wesley Snipes character from Mel Gibson.
Not sure if I need a spoiler for an idea, just there in case you don't know who is acting in the movie

As for Predator, one of the GOAT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back