Movie Predator

Remove this Banner Ad

So neither of you have seen Expendables 3 then? It Makes Die Hard 4 look like.... Die Hard.

:drunk:

Sorry, didn't mean to hold Expendables up as some shining example - I only mentioned the first Expendables as pretty much the only example of a recent release with classic 80s action movie leanings. It was pretty terrible.

Rest assured I have no doubt that the sequels are also terrible, likely worse than Die Hard 4, which remains a rubbish movie.

Expendables 3 is awful, which is a shame because Mel Gibson, Antonio Banderas, and Kelsey Grammar are quite good in it.

Love the first 2 however.

I think what gets overlooked, is that Predator is a genuinely great movie of its era, not just a great 80s action flick. I'd have it on par with Terminator 1, Aliens, RoboCop, etc. More than Commando/Rambo/Die Hard tier.
Terminator 1, Aliens, RoboCop, Rambo, Die Hard, Predator are a good group. Commando is fun to watch, but it's doesn't belong with the others for being a good movie (of it's era, it's a good action movie).

Last edited:
Terminator 1, Aliens, RoboCop, Rambo, Die Hard, Predator are a good group. Commando is fun to watch, but it's doesn't belong with the others for being a good movie.

Are we talking chronological Rambo (First Blood) or title Rambo (the fourth one)?

I was meaning First Blood 2, which is a very 80s action flick, albeit slickly made. First Blood however is a great movie, and I reckon part 4 is ******* underrated too. Brutal, non stop, relentless movie.

Don't go much on part 3 to be honest.

Are we talking chronological Rambo (First Blood) or title Rambo (the fourth one)?

I was meaning First Blood 2, which is a very 80s action flick, albeit slickly made. First Blood however is a great movie, and I reckon part 4 is ******* underrated too. Brutal, non stop, relentless movie.

Don't go much on part 3 to be honest.
I assumed you meant Rambo 1. I'd put 1 is a good movie beyond a good action movie. Same as Die Hard 1. The sequels of the various one's are a mix of good and meh movies, but none are good beyond 'action movie good' (except Aliens and Terminator 2 of the franchises listed).

Expendables 3 is awful, which is a shame because Mel Gibson, Antonio Banderas, and Kelsey Grammar are quite good in it.

Love the first 2 however.

May be 2 or 3 ( i cant remember ) but close to the worst MADE movie i've ever seen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally got around to watching the Adrien Brody one last week, wasn't that good but at least not AVP level garbage either.
I think that was decent. Not great but entertaining and not absolute s**t like the other ones (afeter the original).

Finally got around to watching the Adrien Brody one last week, wasn't that good but at least not AVP level garbage either.
I liked that one, could watch Hanzo-Predator katana fight for days. And Walton Goggins is always great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back