Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Brad’s an A grader at his best. The question really becomes will he remain durable for the next 5 years? I feel he’s not going to last that long due to the history that he’s had. Also, I think he’s lost a bit of his burst speed compared with 2017 or earlier.

I think he may give some consistent good years ahead, but can’t see him peaking much more. Strong candidate for a premature retirement, if I was a betting man.

Probably around the mark of an AA, but missing out for the next four years would be my guess, before badly regressing in the fifth year.

The big issue for Brad is that loss of explosiveness. If he was to find that again (which I doubt he will), then he'll jag an AA or two.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
There's every chance that with a good fitness team and a good medical/physio team he's a good chance to get back his old burst speed and running power . The same team that resurrected Paddy Ryder's ability to leap over his opponents again.

I always figured that was more his own confidence in his body that he hadn't turned on the jets and taken players on on foot. I'd love to see him doing that again.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Who then did a hammy to end the season. Look, Brad is a good player, but his injuries have cost him ever getting to the elite level and I don’t see how suddenly that’s going to change at 26. Soft tissue injuries follow you for life, he will have multiple in the next 5 years. Would be great if he doesn’t, but I don’t see how he suddenly becomes durable after having as many years with over 18 games as he’s completely missed.

Should have traded most our players that have been around the last 4 season then. Given your soft tissue concerns.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I always figured that was more his own confidence in his body that he hadn't turned on the jets and taken players on on foot. I'd love to see him doing that again.
He won't.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Playing good midfield football in tandem with Jack Steele much to the shock and horror of the shitcan Brad Crouch crew on here.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Playing good midfield football in tandem with Jack Steele much to the shock and horror of the shitcan Brad Crouch crew on here.
Why would we want a former player to do well ??

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
FWIW I think we'll see a similar career to what we saw here, hopefully for his sake without the injuries.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Why would anyone wish ill will on a player...sorry I just don't think like that.
I don't wish ill will on any player, doesn't mean I want him to perform fantastically. I can understand his reasons for leaving and I do think we handled it extremely poorly. I didn't agree with Bickley and Cornes, despite a posters beliefs.

A decent career without injury is fine to ask for IMO.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I don't wish ill will on any player, doesn't mean I want him to perform fantastically. I can understand his reasons for leaving and I do think we handled it extremely poorly. I didn't agree with Bickley and Cornes, despite a posters beliefs.

A decent career without injury is fine to ask for IMO.
Perhaps read the post you replied to in the first place....I said playing good midfield footy in tandem with Jack Steele, nothing more, nothing less performance wise.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
You do also have to factor in the whole "I love the club and I desperately want to stay" BS that he sprouted throughout the season.

Sounds like he never really entertained the idea.

People are entitled to not want him to succeed, but predicting, or hoping for injury is pretty poor

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
You do also have to factor in the whole "I love the club and I desperately want to stay" BS that he sprouted throughout the season.

Sounds like he never really entertained the idea.

People are entitled to not want him to succeed, but predicting, or hoping for injury is pretty poor
Seriously what did you expect him to say considering he's now a Saints player and considering the crap someone at the club obviously fed the likes of Bickley and Cornes?

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Seriously what did you expect him to say considering he's now a Saints player and considering the crap someone at the club obviously fed the likes of Bickley and Cornes?
A contract was put in front of him before COVID, he could've signed it if he REALLY wanted.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Big call since I don't think he's ever made one before.

I reckon he'll have had the most focussed offseason of his career and he'll be busting a gut preseason. Injury permitting, I'm expecting the full Brouch this year. Don't forget, regardless of dedication issues, Brad has had a very interrupted go at it. I'm backing his talent in with a rider to his injury potential. Our club has had a habit of shortening careers these last few years.

Back