Predict our lineup in 5 years time

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s very problematic.

Best I think to guess which younger players might be one established locks within the side.

A little bit of mayo on potential and off you go.

Some dreams of players we’d (read I’d love to) get

B. M Scharenberg ~ W Kelly ~ T Langdon
HB. J Crisp ~ D Moore ~ B Maynard
C. S Sidebottom ~ J De Goey ~ J Stephenson
HF. N Murphy ~ J Lukosius ~ R McInnes
F. N Daicos ~ T Wilson ~ W Hoskin-Elliott
R. B Grundy (c) ~ B Sier ~ A Treloar
I. T Phillips ~ I Quaynor ~ T Brown ~ T Adams

Daicos will either be a tall mid or medium tall fwd or close to a KPF in height by the time he is drafted unless he doesn't grow anymore over the next 2-3 years.

Reefer McGuiness also more likely to be our main inside mid. You would expect the 24 year old Quaynor to be on the HBF.

Will be interesting to see how Grundys body is holding up in 5 years, physical rucks tend to be shot around the 30yo mark. Wouldn't surprise me if Shaz gets traded or FA over coming seasons.

Dont see how we get Lukosious before his RFA.

Daicos will either be a tall mid or medium tall fwd or close to a KPF in height by the time he is drafted unless he doesn't grow anymore over the next 2-3 years.

Reefer McGuiness also more likely to be our main inside mid. You would expect the 24 year old Quaynor to be on the HBF.

Will be interesting to see how Grundys body is holding up in 5 years, physical rucks tend to be shot around the 30yo mark. Wouldn't surprise me if Shaz gets traded or FA over coming seasons.

Dont see how we get Lukosious before his RFA.
You may be right at that.

prediction business is a tough gig.

Adams and Treloar still be around as senior players.

Imo our rebuild wont be 5 years away it will be starting much sooner. Likely the Daicos/Dib draft will be the start of a mini rebuild.
I'd like us to go for continual regrowth rather than boom and bust. No more moves like Beams, even if it ends up working out. But I'd prefer to be a bridesmaid regularly rather than becoming a bride and then having a long drought without a wedding to attend.

How many Buckley's can we fit in?

How old are they in 5 years?

You may be right at that.

prediction business is a tough gig.

ate Posted:
15:08 18/10/19 Fri
Author: Slam
Author Host/IP: 121-200-6-130.79c806.syd.nbn.aussiebb.net / 121.200.6.130
Subject: ND is 182cms and 72 kgs.
In reply to: Bruno 's message, "I'd estimate he's a good 4cm taller than Josh." on 14:28 18/10/19 Fri

There we go a height for Nick Daicos apparently he is 182cm already.

I'd like us to go for continual regrowth rather than boom and bust. No more moves like Beams, even if it ends up working out. But I'd prefer to be a bridesmaid regularly rather than becoming a bride and then having a long drought without a wedding to attend.
get sick of just attending weddings - have to consumate the deal then back up for repeat performances...
ceremony plus reception not enough - need the full performance...

get sick of just attending weddings - have to consumate the deal then back up for repeat performances...
ceremony plus reception not enough - need the full performance...
Even though we were only a bridesmaid in 2018, we gave another bridesmaid - the tigers, a pretty glorious consummation. Can't wait for the bridal bed, but in the meantime, I can cope with consumating other bridesmaids.

I’m thinking of including a couple of guys we pick up next year, along with that guy who is a potential star we got with pick 58 in 2021. Not to mention that 20 year old ‘next big thing’ from GC who only cost a future (2023) 1st with that that guy we recruited in 2020 who is showing some promise and is a QLDer but can’t break into the team, particularly with Lachie Whitfield being our best player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So he's less than 6 foot tall and gets drafted in 2 year's time.
He's going to be a small/mid sized player like his brother and his father.
Not much reason to think he gets much taller given Josh and Peter as reference points.
He's already more developed than say Tyler Brown was when drafted.

As for the Buckley's - Ayce played U11 for Prahran Blues this season.
Jett was about under 13's this season.

So he's less than 6 foot tall and gets drafted in 2 year's time.
He's going to be a small/mid sized player like his brother and his father.
Not much reason to think he gets much taller given Josh and Peter as reference points.
He's already more developed than say Tyler Brown was when drafted.

As for the Buckley's - Ayce played U11 for Prahran Blues this season.
Jett was about under 13's this season.

182cm is roughly 6 foot. He also has two big growth years left. Medium sized fwd or medium to big mid looking likely but who knows.

Josh is 178cm, Peter was 184cm and Nick only needs 2cm to match that at 15yo it's highly likely he surpasses it by 18.

On ave a male will grow between 6 -11cm from 15 to 18 btw.

Murphy Keane Maynard
Quaynor Moore Crisp
Stephenson Degoey Phillips
Grundy Adams Sier
WHE Kelly Tyler Brown
Atu Cameron Wilson
Treloar Noble Reef Langdon

182cm is roughly 6 foot. He also has two big growth years left. Medium sized fwd or medium to big mid looking likely but who knows.

Josh is 178cm, Peter was 184cm and Nick only needs 2cm to match that at 15yo it's highly likely he surpasses it by 18.

On ave a male will grow between 6 -11cm from 15 to 18 btw.

So 188-191 by 18yo. Nice.

So is Josh - a Collingwood 6 footer.

Metric version is a Collingwood 182 centimeterer - loses something in the conversion.

If you lop the top 5 years off this list (Pendlebury 32yr down to Elliott 27yr) and replace a couple of long term injuries (Langdon and Scharenberg) with McInnes and Nick Daicos you are left with this team:

Quaynor Keane Murphy
Maynard Moore Bianco

Grundy Treloar Sier
Phillips Adams Crisp

Mihocek Kelly Stephenson
De Goey Cameron Hoskin

Rantall McInnes T Brown N Daicos

Emer
C Brown Noble J Daicos Ruscoe Wilson Lynch

On: N Daicos McInnes
Off: Langdon Scharenberg (Inj)

*I love looking for that perfect team, trying to get the perfect balance of talls and smalls, speed and class, grunt and aggression

But in the real world you win the 1st AFL flag with your wingman (G Brown) at Full Forward and your half back flanker (Crosisca) at CHF :D

Last edited:
Honestly it's impossible to get even close you'll have free agents, rookies, trades.

Top 12 Players in no order I see on our list in 5 years are.

Adams
Treloar
Phillips
Quaynor
Grundy
DeGoey
Moore
Kelly
C Brown
Maynard
Crisp
WHE

I think if you can squeeze out 6 of those players in our top 12 for better players we will be in a great position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back