Competitions Predict our picks thread

Remove this Banner Ad

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Apologies if I am stepping on anyone's toes. Inspired by people posting their phantom Freo picks in the pick 14 thread.

A game where you get points for correctly predicting Freo's draft picks.

1 point for pick 14
2 points for pick 31
3 points for pick 43
3 points for pick 65

4 points for a correct rookie pick (must be selected before the ND)
2 points for a correct cat A rookie pick (selected after the ND - you get zero for predicting Carter as a rookie after the ND).

If we happen to trade live picks, you get points equivalent to the round they are in (ie a 2nd round guess gets you 2 and a 3rd or 4th a gets you 3).

If you correctly guess a live trade you get 5* bonus points.

Any takers?

*Edited from 10

Last edited:

Round 1: Ian Hill
Round 2: Fraser Turner
Round 3: Tom Joyce
Round 4: Dylan O’Reilly
Rookie: Durak Tucker
Cat B: Jason Carter

Last edited:
Pick 14 - Hill
Pick 31 - McKenzie
Pick 43 - Lewis
Pick 135 - D. Tucker (downtraded to Hawthorn including a future round 4 pick)
Rookie - English
Cat B. - J. Carter

Changed my prediction.

Pick 14 - Stocker the Docker
Pick 31 - Lewis
Pick 43 - O'Rielly
Pick 65 - Stack
Rookie - Watson
Cat B. - J. Carter

I think Freo will let Hill slip, confident that he will come back to WA in future. They would just be hoping that he does'nt fall to West Coast.
Stocker seems like a solid citizen and his name rhymes with Docker.
Bell indicated that we have enough talls but O'Rielly could be a future KPD
Stack may well slide because of off field concerns. Could be a bargain a la Sonny Walters

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who will we pick?

Based on what Bell said (Have the basics, have some athleticsm, have leadership) you would think Duursma, Stocker or maybe Valente would be the best candidates to fill those shoes at around our first pick. I think our first pick will be described as a safe (maybe slightly dull) pick. I will go with the West and say Duursma as I reckon he will be there at our pick and is probably a bit better than the other two in the athletic traits bit.

My gut feel says Tom Lewis at 31 - feels a little early and I think they would rather McHenry or Joyce but thinking they won't last till our second.

Third pick I am going to say Damon Greaves. Just fits I reckon....

Who will we pick?

Based on what Bell said (Have the basics, have some athleticsm, have leadership) you would think Duursma, Stocker or maybe Valente would be the best candidates to fill those shoes at around our first pick. I think our first pick will be described as a safe (maybe slightly dull) pick. I will go with the West and say Duursma as I reckon he will be there at our pick and is probably a bit better than the other two in the athletic traits bit.

My gut feel says Tom Lewis at 31 - feels a little early and I think they would rather McHenry or Joyce but thinking they won't last till our second.

Third pick I am going to say Damon Greaves. Just fits I reckon....
Greaves, Is that the young kid from Busselton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back