GWS v FRE | Canberra | 1:45 | FOX
STK v NM | Marvel | 4:35 | FOX
COL v HAW | MCG | 7:25 | CH 7
GC v ADE | Metricon | 7:25 | FOX

Sunday
MEL v SYD | MCG | 1:10 | FOX
PA v GEE | Adelaide | 3:20 | CH 7
WC v BL | Optus | 6:20 | FOX

Richmond v Carlton to continue. Essendon hosted the first game at Docklands in 2000 and it’s been 20 years since so expecting there to be a Friday Night game at Marvel with Essendon to host. Hearing GWS will have to play in Canberra for their first couple of home games and GWS and SYD rotate every 3 years on who hosts round 1. Saints v Norf two new coaches going at it. Pies v Hawks to be broadcasted on 7. GC’s turn to host round 1 up in Queensland will be a sh$tshow v Adelaide. Another sh$tshow with Melbourne v Sydney but it’s better off they play eachother. Port’s turn to host in Adelaide and there will be some sort of celebration as it will be Port’s 150 year anniversary. Since it’s their anniversary year expect them to request to be broadcasted on CH 7 against a big team in round 1 (Geelong). WC v BL a great game to end off the round.
Watch the afl give port adelaide Collingwood in round 1
Sure, you can celebrate, sure, you can have a big team, but you can’t wear the prison bars vs Collingwood.

Completely undermining them.

Thursday night - Richmond vs Carlton mcg
Friday night - Hawthorn vs Collingwood mcg
Saturday afternoon - Melbourne vs Fremantle mcg
Saturday twilight - Port adelaide vs Brisbane ao
Saturday night - West Coast vs Sydney os
Saturday night - Essendon vs Western Bulldogs marvel
Sunday afternoon - St Kilda vs Geelong marvel
Sunday afternoon - greater Western Sydney vs Adelaide gs
Sunday twilight - Gold Coast vs north Melbourne ms

My thought process
1. Richmond vs Carlton is obvious
2. Collingwood will be away on Friday night (Collingwood vs Richmond tnf rd 2) they won’t want to take away from west coast vs Collingwood, won’t travel to Gold Coast or gws in rd 1, and kochie will not play Collingwood rd 1 because they won’t want to risk eddie blocking port wearing their prison bars vs them. Will probably Be mcg, won’t do Essendon here AND Anzac Day and Melbourne vs collingwood isn’t exactly appealing, so Hawthorn via default
3. Port adelaide vs Brisbane - port is celebrating 150 years, they’ll want to celebrate with something big. So I put them in as the Foxtel Saturday night game. But who do they play? There’s 4 teams they’ll want. Carlton? Already playing Richmond. Collingwood? Eddie and kochie won’t agree on It due to guernsey. Sydney? Highly plausible, but I think that’ll be rd 3 (this is to celebrate 1st champions of Australia) Brisbane? Celebrate only afl premiership.
4. Essendon vs Western Bulldogs - someone brought up marvel stadium 20 years. So yeah, Essendon home rd 1. Would like port but they’re busy doing their 150 years stuff. So they’ll give them the Bulldogs because of the upset in 2000 to stop Essendon going undefeated
5. St Kilda vs Geelong - I’m expanding on the marvel stuff. I doubt this one, probably save it for a few weeks. But it’ll happen sometime during the year. Just have to find something now.
6. Gold Coast vs north Melbourne - these final 4 games is just slotting teams into what works around it, this was step 1.
7. Melbourne vs Fremantle - ditto
8. West Coast vs Sydney - nice matchup between 2 good teams to finish the round
9. Gws vs Adelaide - last 2 clubs standing. But ah sh*t, I have gws and Sydney overlap. Afl can’t have that. Need to move west coast as gws vs Adelaide doesn’t deserve primetime Saturday night. But west coast will have to go night as to not overlap with Fremantle, Guess port adelaide vs Brisbane is moved to saturday twilight.

Reminds me of those people who still call Brisbane the "Bears". FFS they've been the Lions for over twice as long of a timespan.

calling them the bears is a refusal to acknowledge the sham merger that killed fitzroy. i guess calling docklands telstra dome is a protest against... etihad airways and the disney corporation?

Just putting times that are about right if you know what I mean.
Well if the thread was "what's your ideal R1 fixture", go nuts.

This is predict the R1 fixture - so there are 9 timeslots to fill, and they are unlikely to change:

Thu 7:20
Fri 7:50
Sat 1:45
Sat 4:35
Sat 7:25
Sat 7:25 or 8:10
Sun 1:10
Sun 3:20
Sun 4:40 or 5:40

Well if the thread was "what's your ideal R1 fixture", go nuts.

This is predict the R1 fixture - so there are 9 timeslots to fill, and they are unlikely to change:

Thu 7:20
Fri 7:50
Sat 1:45
Sat 4:35
Sat 7:25
Sat 7:25 or 8:10
Sun 1:10
Sun 3:20
Sun 4:40 or 5:40
I’d normally agree they’re unlikely to change. HOWEVER, I anticipate the Saturday afternoon to be moved to either Saturday twilight (having 2 games there) or Sunday night (probably a Perth twilight game, night east coast).
This to give AFLw semi finals free air. Ie 12pm, then 2/2:15pm kickoffs.

Look at last years rd 2 fixture. They double upped Saturday twilight, Saturday night with no Saturday afternoon with the intent of playing the AFLw grand final Saturday afternoon. Then we had the problem of port adelaide playing Saturday twilight at Adelaide oval, so they moved the AFLw grand final to Sunday.

Taking this into account, id have to change my fixture prediction

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thursday night - Richmond vs Carlton mcg
Friday night - port adelaide vs Collingwood Adelaide oval
Saturday 12pm - AFLw semi final 1
Saturday 2pm - AFLw semi final 2
Saturday twilight - Gold Coast vs St Kilda Metricon stadium
Saturday twilight - Melbourne vs Fremantle mcg
Saturday night - Essendon vs western Bulldogs Etihad stadium
Saturday night - gws vs Brisbane Showgrounds
Sunday afternoon - North Melbourne vs Adelaide Etihad stadium
Sunday afternoon - Hawthorn vs Sydney mcg
Sunday twilight - West Coast vs Geelong Optus stadium

Richmond vs Carlton and Essendon vs western Bulldogs maintain their spots.
Port adelaide had to move from my previous effort (need ao available for crows women’s potentially), and I just went, stuff it. Prison bars vs prison bars. (Though, 1912-16, 1919-22 version would be best - why did they have to play Collingwood in the coa in 1910)
Kelly is now an eagle, so Geelong head out west now.
Then everything else is moving teams around to make it work.

I’d normally agree they’re unlikely to change. HOWEVER, I anticipate the Saturday afternoon to be moved to either Saturday twilight (having 2 games there) or Sunday night (probably a Perth twilight game, night east coast).
This to give AFLw semi finals free air. Ie 12pm, then 2/2:15pm kickoffs.

Look at last years rd 2 fixture. They double upped Saturday twilight, Saturday night with no Saturday afternoon with the intent of playing the AFLw grand final Saturday afternoon. Then we had the problem of port adelaide playing Saturday twilight at Adelaide oval, so they moved the AFLw grand final to Sunday.

Taking this into account, id have to change my fixture prediction
I think that would be totally premature on the basis the timing and format of the AFLW remains up in the air.

At the very least I'd suggest AFLW will run through til Easter or even later.

Thursday, April 19
Richmond vs. Carlton (MCG) - 7.25pm AEDT 7

Friday, April 20
Hawthorn vs. Melbourne (MCG) - 7.50pm AEDT 7

Saturday, April 21
Sydney Swans vs. Fremantle (SCG) - 1.45pm AEDT
Port Adelaide vs. GWS GIANTS (AO) - 4.05pm ACDT
North Melbourne vs. Collingwood (MRVL) - 7.25pm AEDT 7
Gold Coast SUNS vs. Adelaide Crows (MS) - 7.20pm AEST

Sunday, April 22
Geelong Cats vs. St Kilda (GS) - 1.10pm AEDT
Essendon vs. Brisbane Lions (MRVL) - 3.20pm AEDT 7
West Coast Eagles vs. Western Bulldogs (OS) - 4.20pm AWST

Last edited:
Thursday, April 19
Richmond vs. Carlton (MCG) - 7.25pm AEDT 7

Friday, April 20
Hawthorn vs. Melbourne (MCG) - 7.50pm AEDT 7

Saturday, April 21
Sydney Swans vs. Fremantle (SCG) - 1.45pm AEDT
Port Adelaide vs. GWS GIANTS (AO) - 4.05pm ACDT
North Melbourne vs. Collingwood (MRVL) - 7.25pm AEDT 7
Gold Coast SUNS vs. Adelaide Crows (MS) - 7.20pm AEST

Sunday, April 22
Geelong Cats vs. Fremantle (GS) - 1.10pm AEDT
Essendon vs. Brisbane Lions (MRVL) - 3.20pm AEDT 7
West Coast Eagles vs. Western Bulldogs (OS) - 4.20pm AWST

You gave the dockers twice and the saints no games?

Thursday:
7:20PM Richmond vs Carlton (MCG) (7)

Friday:
7:50PM Collingwood vs GWS (MCG) (7)

Saturday:
1:45PM Hawthorn vs Adelaide (UTAS)
4:35PM Sydney vs St Kilda (SCG)
5:10PM West Coast vs Geelong (OS) (AWST) (7)
7:40PM North Melbourne vs Brisbane (Marvel)

Sunday:
1:10 Western Bulldogs vs Gold Coast (Marvel OR Ballarat)
3:20 Melbourne vs Essendon (MCG) (7)
4:40 Port Adelaide vs Fremantle (AO)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back