Vic Predict the outcome of the 2018 Victorian State Election

Remove this Banner Ad

Every ribbon cutting will have a big show and dance about it from now on.

Honestly though it will just be a matter of how effective the liberal party's herald sun and channel seven are in spreading their message.

When there is a ribbon cutting event (ie new hospital, train station) occurring between now and November, expect to see the Opposition come out and say "This is a complete waste of money by the government when they should be focusing more on crimes and the gangs. After all, earlier today, a house was broken into by 15 youths who robbed everything, yet here's (insert government minister) who thinks a opening of a new building is more important than keeping Victoria safe again."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just seen the TAB Sportsbet market for the 2018 Victorian Election.

Coalition $1.58
Labor $2.20

According to bookmakers, the Andrews Labor Government is in a bit of trouble because of the youth crime issues and will need to sort it out between now and November, otherwise they could end up being only the second one-term government in Victorian political history.

Just seen the TAB Sportsbet market for the 2018 Victorian Election.

Coalition $1.58
Labor $2.20

According to bookmakers, the Andrews Labor Government is in a bit of trouble because of the youth crime issues and will need to sort it out between now and November, otherwise they could end up being only the second one-term government in Victorian political history.

labor in QLD were around the same odds with few months to go and won in the end.

It all comes down to which party sells its policies better, and also is the more disciplined (ie stay on message, stay on schedule).

Every ribbon cutting will have a big show and dance about it from now on.

Honestly though it will just be a matter of how effective the liberal party's herald sun and channel seven are in spreading their message.

And 3AW. I know they've always been LNP supporters but they're really ramping it up now.

And 3AW. I know they've always been LNP supporters but they're really ramping it up now.

Surely the LNP supporters such as 3AW, Herald Sun and Channel 7 could wait until October before ramping up their anti-Labor message, in time for the official election campaign, not in late January?

We could expect to see a major upheaval erupt within the Liberal Party which would completely ruin Matthew Guy of any chance of being Victorian Premier during the course of the election campaign.

Based on what?
Either 1)A leadership challenge at Federal level between PM Malcolm Turnbull and Tony Abbott; 2)a massive dispute breaks out between Peter Costello and Michael Kroger over the Victorian Liberals presidency; 3) the Liberals Party treasurer announces that because they are having big financial problems within the party, they may not have enough money to fund their advertising. And also there will be a huge level of disagreement within the Liberal Party at both state and federal level over which election campaign would be given priority; the federal election (if Turnbull calls one unexpectedly due to the High Court disqualifying several of his government MPs over the dual citizenship issue), or the Victorian election in November.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could expect to see a major upheaval erupt within the Liberal Party which would completely ruin Matthew Guy of any chance of being Victorian Premier during the course of the election campaign.

Reckon that has already started.

John Setka on Twitter is leading the charge, highlighting the criminals coming out of Victorian headquarters and the link to Sarah Patterson in Corangamite.

John Setka on Twitter is leading the charge, highlighting the criminals coming out of Victorian headquarters and the link to Sarah Patterson in Corangamite.
How ironic John Sekta complaining about alleged criminal associations of others...

And if that came out during the election campaign, it could cost the Coalition a possible 5-15 seats on election night.

Maybe instead of Malcolm Turnbull facing a leadership challenge, it could be Matthew Guy whose leadership could be under threat.

And if that came out during the election campaign, it could cost the Coalition a possible 5-15 seats on election night.

Maybe instead of Malcolm Turnbull facing a leadership challenge, it could be Matthew Guy whose leadership could be under threat.

I think off the top of my head you have 3 senior LNP victoria members now in Barwon prison, headed by Mantach. Fraud, drug trafficking amongst the charges.

If our state is moronic enough to vote in Matthew "Organized Crime" Guy then I guess we ******* deserve him. I'm not convinced he genuinely stands for anything other than self-enrichment.

At this stage, the Coalition have their noses in front and will continue to do so during the winter months, but it's only when the 'real' election campaign starts in mid October as opposed to the 'phoney' or 'Cold War' version that is happening now, that's when Labor will crank up into election mode and will narrowly overhaul the Coalition on election night.

Last edited:
Don't be surprised to see Geoff Shaw make a comeback in time for the November election, possibly on the One Nation team.

The Coalition will only have themselves to blame if they lose the Victorian election in November. In fact, if they blow this campaign, it will all comes back to Matthew Guy's choice to have dinner at a seafood restaurant, with a alleged Mafia don present. And also, the decision by the Victorian Liberal Party's HQ to start their election campaign in January, which could come back to haunt them in the long run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back