Vic Predict the outcome of the 2018 Victorian State Election

Remove this Banner Ad

If Facebook and Apple etc can't keep their data safe, the Victorian government has no ******* chance. I don't want some Russian campaigner ******* around in there.
Well the Andrews Government did just release the information of Chris Hemsworth's mum when they released all those docs on Guy. So they'd no doubt * it up.

Wait, you're doubling down on this? You seriously think pressing people into financially dependent relationships lest a landlord be allowed to treat them like dirt is a good idea? Jesus, man. You've got the emotional intelligence of a cheese sandwich.

Do you ever, like, sit back and think "what if people aren't exactly like me?"
You ever heard the phrase "a man isn't a financial plan."

And what a ****** attitude to have that anyone only deserves security if they're tied to someone else.
I'm just saying that there are options, and they seem to work fine for most people. Is the expectation really that a single person on minimum wage should be able to afford to buy a house, close to their CBD workplace, at a young age?

If you think we are going to have an early finish on election night, think again.

The election could go down to the wire, in fact we may not know the final result for several days because the Victorian Electoral Commission won't count the absentee/postal votes until the Monday or Tuesday after election day.

In fact, the pre-polling votes could determine the outcome of the election, especially in the marginal seats like Frankston.

If you think we are going to have an early finish on election night, think again.

The election could go down to the wire, in fact we may not know the final result for several days because the Victorian Electoral Commission won't count the absentee/postal votes until the Monday or Tuesday after election day.

In fact, the pre-polling votes could determine the outcome of the election, especially in the marginal seats like Frankston.
When are you going to put a poll in the thread? Make sure there are a few options.

Franga is gone for the libz with Bruce Billson departure
The candidate that replaced him is a kid......they not even going for it

Given that the nov election looks very close, would not be surprised if shorten is using this time to expose the Libs as much as possible (slowly) and have some kind of Wagga effect for his good mate Andrews in Victoria

Maybe then, Shorten might try to euthanise the Morrison government. I half think it would be grateful for that by then

Yeah my bad.... drunk post :oops:
But Federal politics impacts on the states and I still think loss of Billson will have an influence
They've chosen an (ex?) Copper so that should lose them the votes in a certain large demographic in Frankston. It's rather risky pro v con call in an electorate with the demographics of Frankston. Tough on crime attitude with work in some areas of the seat but being a cop will hurt them in others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've chosen an (ex?) Copper so that should lose them the votes in a certain large demographic in Frankston. It's rather risky pro v con call in an electorate with the demographics of Frankston. Tough on crime attitude with work in some areas of the seat but being a cop will hurt them in others.
The difference between the North....where they built a whole estate around housing commission (the pines) or the South where property sells for multi-millions is huge. I always enjoyed the diversity and felt the well off in the south had a progressive tinge unseen in the likes of Mount Eliza for example

Didn't know he was an ex copper
I was born and grew up in franga but left not long after big brother moved in with the Cameras and gangs of police walking down Young st with drug sniffer dogs (that are wrong more then 50% of the time). Not sure how it is these days but it felt like a test case of how far they could go Orwellian

It is amazing to think that in 2018 we will still have to cast our votes for the Victorian state election using pen and paper. What's wrong with logging on to the Victorian state election website, use your username plus a special password to put in your choice to win the seat?
Its a Govt ICT project so it would go billions over budget and would be hacked on day 1.

I've been telling you this for over a year now and i'll tell you again. There's been no inclination anywhere this would ever be a close election. Andrews will win in a landslide and it's been like that for years.

You may as well keep suggesting how the saints "could" win the flag. Because it's what you constantly do with Matthew Guy in this thread all the time.

Last edited:
Whats the deal with the Herald Sun saying he's giving 150k to hi-vis plodders? As some of you might be aware of my love for Daniel Andrews and my sheer hatred for tradies earning more than 65k. You can imagine I'm torn.

Is it bullshit? Why is he giving them 150k? Are they mostly plumbers and not migrant labourers? I honestly don't think their rates are anything new but the fact it's Daniel Andrews caving into their financial expectations has me unhappy with him for the first time ever.

Whats the deal with the Herald Sun saying he's giving 150k to hi-vis plodders? As some of you might be aware of my love for Daniel Andrews and my sheer hatred for tradies earning more than 65k. You can imagine I'm torn.

Is it bullshit? Why is he giving them 150k? Are they mostly plumbers and not migrant labourers? I honestly don't think their rates are anything new but the fact it's Daniel Andrews caving into their financial expectations has me unhappy with him for the first time ever.

It is basically a well paid journalist playing the envy card to its readership on the assumption that they are all pensioners or working class battlers.

Cost of housing.

If infrastructure cost less to build you could pay nurses and teachers more.

But debts must be paid. And with such an infrastructure build, the economics of supply and demand work in the CFMMEU's favour.

As does the closed shop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back