Predict the results of the 2019 Federal Election

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes me laugh. If Labor is appealing to these ULTRA wealthy and snobby seats, then what does that say about what Labor has become these days? The same way UK Labour has transformed into half the party it was in the 90s, focusing on extreme areas of metropolitan privilege, supported by trust fund youngsters who are shitty because they're not as mega-rich as their parents are.

Liberals should ditch the handful of snobby a-hole seats (hello Wentworth!!), and focus on the mass amount of middle suburban seats (Australia is a nation of urban dwellers in suburbs). NOTE: this is not what morons in the Liberal party are actually suggesting, which is swapping Wentworth etc. for a couple of hicksville seats in bogan Queensland, where population percentages are on the decline.

I think the ALP were as surprised as anyone as to the lack of appeal for the Liberals. They know thy can stretch them and their scant resources very easily, and are doing so.

Makes me laugh. If Labor is appealing to these ULTRA wealthy and snobby seats, then what does that say about what Labor has become these days?

PHON is poison down here...ScoMo's inability to make a decision regarding ON gives the ALP a real chance in those "snobby" seats. Like I said in the other thread, I hope he does preference them.

The LNP are so inept that the are losing unlosable seats. And it's all labours fault.

A poster here did have that argument not long ago

When debating the lack of women in parliament in the coalition, they blamed labour. Said there would be more liberal women if the alp stopped running candidates in seats against them

Scott Morrison would be breathing a sigh of relief that the NSW Liberals has won the state election, because if the NSW Coalition had lost, then his days of being PM would be numbered.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't know how the electoral geography works out, but if there's a federal seat that covers large parts of any of Barwon, Murray, Orange, SFF would be in with a shot.

Plead my ignorance, but what are the policies that have people moving to the SFF, over the Nats ?.

Are the Nats that bad in the electorate !!!, SFF seem to be nothing’s.

Plead my ignorance, but what are the policies that have people moving to the SFF, over the Nats ?.

Are the Nats that bad in the electorate !!!, SFF seem to be nothing’s.

It doesn't seem to be anything too specific, it's more a protest at the Nationals become too close with the Liberals, big mining interests, CSG extractors etc. and forgetting their base.

I think the greyhound racing ban started this movement though

Scott Morrison would be breathing a sigh of relief that the NSW Liberals has won the state election, because if the NSW Coalition had lost, then his days of being PM would be numbered.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not so sure, ON did well and not having Nats there as a partner given the Shooters result.
But he will spin it unless some journalist joins the dots for him.

Vic election. Libs very poor. Nats solid
NSW election. Libs solid. Nats very poor

What it means for federal election?
Libs are clearly running on ‘your great local member’ fryzos campaign already running

Hopefully scomo goes early. Oh oh I just heard him say 2 months

Lock in the 18th

Maybe voters in Melbourne and Sydney sense continuity of infrastructure program is better than chopping and changing, and outweighing other considerations.
I can’t see how Morrison can claim a good track record on infrastructure, given he has $3b locked away for a road which won’t be built
And the continuity will be there because the state governments haven’t changed, even if the feds change. All they do is collect the taxes and send it back (mostly to NSW)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Libs are clearly running on ‘your great local member’ fryzos campaign already running

I think the swinging voters are mostly sensible enough to decide state elections on state issues, although of course the performance of the federal government does have an influence.

The NSW opposition have been a rabble for a while so while ScoMo breathes a sigh of relief after last night, he knows that he is still facing a wipeout in two months based on current polling.

How big do you think the expected landslide result is going to be in terms of the number of seats lost by the Coalition?

A narrow victory either way IMO doesn't mean much.

Consider this; QLD voted out Campbell Newman in 2015, yet Malcolm Turnbull did reasonably well in QLD in the 2016 election.

The LNP are so inept that the are losing unlosable seats. And it's all labours fault.
Its up there with the member for Corrangamitte saying if people want more females in parliament, then they should vote for her over the ALP candidate.

Note: The ALP candidate is also a female! :rolleyes:

Bill shorten is on a roll, he beat Abbott and last week he bested the lion of the Liberals Andrew Peacock, he is now officially the most unpopular leader of any major political party ever.

Libs response to Vic Election: "All State issues no Federal implications"

Libs response to NSW Election: "This looks great for us Federally, we're back baby"

Libs should do better in NSW than Victoria basing an election on infrastructure.
With similar populations, mainly metro based, reports are federal money has gone to NSW over Vic in a ratio as much as 4:1.
Granted NSW has a bigger area

Based on NSW results, say there isn't much of a swing to Labor federally in May.
Then, as most of Vic is already left-wing, even if there is a massive swing to Labor, those old Liberal seats don't quite end up falling in Melb's east.
So where does that leave us? Libs might lose 4 seats easy in WA. What about Queensland? What is the situation there?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back