Predict the time BigFooty will go down

Remove this Banner Ad

PastiesPeake

All Australian
Jul 14, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Whenever anything reasonably interesting happens in the footy world, BigFooty somehow has too many connections!!

However, all is not lost. The message will inveriably let you know that by paying a small fee, you will never lose access to BigFooty.

So the question is, what time will it go down today?

My prediction - 5:25pm (or 5 mins before the draft kicks off)

Best Deal in town prevents that message. :D

I beg to differ!

Instead of the message, payed members get blank page after blank page while surfing the site and sometimes an inability to get on at all.

My bet is that site will go down or play up with the BF white screen of death around 7.00pm local Melb time. :cool:

Anthony_]Best Deal in town prevents that message. :D

I'd love to agree with you Anthony_

But it went down on me, and I didn't even get the satisfacion that comment deserves.

I got a lot of 'the server is too busy etc' messages.

Then I paid money to avoid that message.

Then I got a lot of 'internet explorer cannot display the page' messages.

I know you're only a mod, and don't have the authority to kick your ips's balls, but be honest.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599521 I hate to link to a lions_den post but honestly...if you pay your money you want decent service. But there's problems, isn't there?

I'll stay. And I will probably pay my subscription fee next year....probably.

But a server needs to accommodate it's paying customers.

And trust me, I do understand. I run a website for a company that owns more than a thousand outlets all over Northern America. I deal with the same complaints you deal with every day.

It frustrates me, as much as I think it frustrates you...you can say the public doesn't understand what you go through, but in the end, we owe a debt to the people that keep our sites running, and poor service is poor service.

I'm more tolerant than most, but I am constantly frustrated by the service at BigFooty. This has nothing to do with the people that run these forums, I think you guys do an awesome job. As for the tech crew...let's face it..."Best Deal in town prevents that message. :D"
doesn't solve the problem, does it?

Lies; we know you are in on it, swimming in the pools of our money and laughing at our blank pages while you scroll through copious amounts of text.

Serious note, you would need to ask Chief on web server performance. Mods have zero control, we're effected just like you guys.

That's fair. I know you're dealing with the same s**t we are.

Even Chief's not at fault...unless he's paying under the odds for a cheap ISP...and given that we're part of the BIG network, I doubt it's even his fault.

And the reality is, if you're on the internet things will kinda suck from time to time...that's world wide access for you - it, like everything else, is never perfect.

Just don't tell us that paying will fix everything...because those of us that pay know it won't. ;)

Serious note, you would need to ask Chief on web server performance. Mods have zero control, we're effected just like you guys.

C'mon we all know the first thing you get when you become a mod is the real URL to BF and not the phlebish one we use.

Not only do I get loads of "page unavailable" messages, but BF is the slowest forum I've ever visited. I pay because of the amount of entertainment I get out of BF, but I really wish they would improve the service (and no, I'm not referring to the mods at all).

Its not a ISP. The site is hosted by the BiG group in the states (i.e Big Soccer). There would be a few web servers in a farm and this being V Bulletin I'd say it would be a on mysql back end database.

Oh and if you read my message I didn't say it would fix everything, just that you would not see that message.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not a ISP. The site is hosted by the BiG group in the states (i.e Big Soccer). There would be a few web servers in a farm and this being V Bulletin I'd say it would be a on mysql back end database.

Oh and if you read my message I didn't say it would fix everything, just that you would not see that message.

Yeah blame the yanks...if I wasn't married to one I'd be 100% with you.

But you're right.

A large company with a lot of sites will always have problems. How quick it responds to those problems will define its value as a company, and as long as bigfooty is tied to the BIG group, we will always value bigfooty by the parent compay's standards.

I think it's a good site, with its problems. Like any other corporation - that's life. Thanks for being a person with an interest in how this all turns out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back