Predict which big fish Sydney will get in 2014 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Sydney fans have posted elsewhere, there are a few well paid swans coming to end of career. Off top of head this would be goodes, ROK, ted Richards, rhyce shaw, maybe others.

So with about another 1m to spend (remembering Tippett contract being front loaded) lets pick who they will get at end of 2014. That way bigfooty will not be so surprised and perhaps this will save on the angst and distress.

I think they will target a midfielder free agent. Anyone drafted from 2006 or earlier still playing for the drafting club, this could be your payday. Too early for dangerfield (that's for 2015)

Could be Gibbs, Selwood, Armitage. Or if they still go for key positions, Westhoff.

Who cares. They get extra money, move on.

I don't want Hawthorn of 2014 to be behind the times like Sydney of 2013 was. Stuck in the previous year.

Again, move on.

All of the above.

Now we are trying to keep it reasonable, maybe Armitage might come cheap (seeking success) but you couldn't afford both the others. BTW I only looked at 2006 draft, there may be others from 05 worth a look. God knows we struck out in 05 and 06 so that's why I don't remember as well.

Add murphy as an option.

794547-sbw.jpg

Sydney only land big forwards, so we will need to wait a few years.

They only get midfielders if the other club is stupid to give them up (eg. Kennedy).
So you are saying Westhoff then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about fans from each team list their favourite players, and then the Swans will pick out of that list. We're only interested in taking players that will cause fans of their original teams to weep bitterly and start thinly veiled troll threads.

All I am doing is starting the preconditioning process so maybe at end of 2014 there will be less of the weeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back