Prediction 2023 Most Improved

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah tend to agree that Miller showed enough in the final few games to suggest to me he’s on the way up. Similar build to balta but reckon he has more footy smarts and composure about him that balta lacks.
Best 22.

I'm backing Rioli Jr to make a quantum leap in 2023.
Granted it comes with the territory of the position/role he plays, but was a mixed year for Junior in 2022, but reckon will see his output and consistency rise considerably.
Also bullish about Ross taking another step. Was damn good in the latter part of the season and thought he bypassed a few up the ranks.

I'm backing Rioli Jr to make a quantum leap in 2023.
Granted it comes with the territory of the position/role he plays, but was a mixed year for Junior in 2022, but reckon will see his output and consistency rise considerably.
Also bullish about Ross taking another step. Was damn good in the latter part of the season and thought he bypassed a few up the ranks.
I hope you are right with Ross
Just needs a good run

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taranto, Hopper and a fit and motivated Dusty will make the whole team better. This has 2017 vibes when we recruited Nank, Meatball and Caddy. Bring in one gun that is better than what we've got and every other player steps onto the field lining up against an oppo player that is one step below what they would have otherwise. Bring in three guns including the goat? Massive difference to the midfield.

1. If it’s from 2022 standards Dusty by a mile. I reckon he will get an AA in the forward pocket. Maybe even 45+ goals if playing almost exclusively forward.

2. Taranto and Hopper, goes without saying but we make players better at Richmond than they would be anywhere else. Taranto breaking the time trial records is exciting.

3. Bolton, can’t see him going backwards I reckon a monster breakout year while working his way towards his prime.

That’s just my ranking anyway.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The best assessment of most improved will be after the last game has been played. I didn't include Dusty in my rankings because I was more inclined to go most improved overall than 2022. I think Castagna could have a career year playing as a mid in the VFL predominantly which sounds crazy but possible. At least he will be able to show if he can play any other role than pressure forward. Make or break year for George.

1. MRJ - Watching Juniors highlights reel and he is just getting better and better and fitter and fitter. I think he will start hitting the scoreboard a lot more and kick a couple of bags. He is going to end up being a nightmare matchup.

2. Sonsie - I think starts making a scoreboard impact playing a Lambo role. He is just so classy on both sides of his body. I think this guy will play a big part in our future.

3. Miller - Reckon he starts clunking marks and all of a sudden he becomes a dangerous player

4. Dow - it might be most of the year in the twos but it's now or never and if he can put a strong block together, consistsantly above the level with his creativity he could play seniors. Needs to win the b&f or similar to keep his spot.

5. Cumbo - could literally be anything or fall back as he gets worked out but also with Dusty sharing in the forward line. Will he get enough looks ? It is pretty frightening for oppo coaches looking at that forward line. Lynch, Jack, Dusty, Shai, Cumbo and MRJ. You aren't going to keep all six of those goal hungry jackals quiet. Let alone Taranto, Cotch, Prestia, Sonsie, Short, Baker and the wingers all sniffing a goal .

If it works it will go off.

Last edited:
If our stars are healthy and a mobile tall eg Miller is a big improver we will be incredibly hard to beat.
If it’s Sonsie we’ll be very hard to beat.

Ryan albeit mainly in the reserves and don’t be surprised if Bauer bobs up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back