Prediction: last 4 in 2018(prelims): Adelaide Sydney GWS and....

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Crows Cats recover from the doubts planted by finals hammerings and embarrassment?
Just cant see anything else other than a Giants Tigers GF.
They will have to overcome Swans and Port to get there though.
It's definitely foreseeable to not see GWS or Richmond there, I mean in 2016 a large majority tipped WC to be there, and this year a large majority tipped the WB to be there. Things change very quickly.

I don’t think we’ll play finals but to say we are no chance of making such progress is just ignorant. An improved coaching staff and an off-season of improved chemistry within the team with no drastic changes in players or plan could see heavy improvement.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Collingwood will be a bolter next year, whether that's top 4 or 8 I am not sure, but I think they'll improve a lot.

Just because you want it to happen?
Apparently Essendon can't make it because they're not 'good enough', if that line of thinking existed in reality the top 4 every year would be Geelong, Sydney, GWS, Adelaide.

He also neglects that the WB and Richmond were deemed not good enough the year before but still managed it.

Apparently Essendon can't make it because they're not 'good enough', if that line of thinking existed in reality the top 4 every year would be Geelong, Sydney, GWS, Adelaide.

He also neglects that the WB and Richmond were deemed not good enough the year before but still managed it.
I can't see a rational reason why the Bombers go backwards. I would expect improvement from their trading. Interesting to see if their game plan becomes more defensive and more about percentages as ours did as the team matured. Pity in a way as they were great to watch last year.
I kinda hope they'll model themselves on the Crows a bit, but they rely on great decision making across the 22, on when to take risks in my view. Not every team has that capacity.
There will be changes at the top and there's not a lot between the clubs on the whole. I dont think It's possible to say for sure who will find that bit extra to finish top 4. Statistically unlikely it will be the same teams though.

Not really, it was deemed funny that the thought of Richmond finishing top 4 was on the cards this year.
Richmond had played finals three years previously and had one bad year.

Collingwood have regressed for 5 years continuously.

Massive difference

Don't really see why so many are so high on the Demons.

I don't think they've actually improved their team overall or addressed their needs so far this off-season, so they'd relying on their players developing and other teams regressing to get them at least five spots up the ladder, to make the top four.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think they've actually improved their team overall or addressed their needs so far this off-season, so they'd relying on their players developing and other teams regressing to get them at least five spots up the ladder, to make the top four.

They have the ability but mentally they are fragile as a group. No way would you back them to beat anyone in a final.

Ahhhhhh you again

Tigers and Dogs both had quality midfields that lead them to flags. The bombers do not have that. It is their greatest weakness by a fair way and they haven’t improved that this off season.

But hey you just prattle on and attempt to get more likes.

Much like your Melbourne are certainties for the 8 talk all year and when I constantly said they wouldnt who that work for you? :)

Love the hate

Top 4 is premature at this stage but I don’t really see why a team with the bulk of its talent under 23 can’t improve significantly after another year. I think we’re the most likely team of anyone out of the 8 to do it, but I won’t be confident of any success till we finally beat North!

They have the ability but mentally they are fragile as a group. No way would you back them to beat anyone in a final.

We are poor mentally in games we should win but I don’t see us being raging favourites in a final in 2018

Last edited:
Tell us its not true. I wouldnt back back Melbourne against Nunawading in a final.
Mental fragility is a passing intangible. Anyone suggesting the Tigers were the most mentally tough team inthe comp at the start of last year would have been howled down on BF. They were though.
Who knows who it will be next year, but whoever they are they'll probably win the flag.

There is no guarantee how the ladder is going to end up. I think at least half the teams in the AFL are in with a chance.

Sydney vs Adelaide SCG
Geelong vs Melbourne MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back