Prediction Predictions for 2019.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bottom 6. Coach is am imposter and players getting older..board are there for themselves

Bottom 6. Coach is am imposter and players getting older..board are there for themselves

Right now, I'm prepared to think lower.

When teams from SA and WA are terrible the only thing that usually saves them from a particularly dire season is home ground advantage.

We struggle to win at Adelaide Oval when we're purportedly 'good'.

Cliff's here.

When teams from SA and WA are terrible the only thing that usually saves them from a particularly dire season is home ground advantage.

Cliff's here.
Once Pete gets those preseason pics up of everyone looking fit and ready to kill your hopes will rise.
And don’t forget that gun recruit that nobody thought would still be there at our pick.
Put it all together and what do you get?
We finish 12th

We,played finish 15th with one win. Carlton won’t win a game and will get pick one plus three concessional picks to get them. The Suns will finish 14th and get three concessional picks after winning two games. We will get pick 7 as our first pick in s draft that is vanilla after pick five.

Cliff's here.
I just think we're too good to collapse totally, but not good enough to reach the top of the tree.

Frustrating.

It will be a new season so I will be cautiously optimistic until proven otherwise. Regardless of how many games we win I will not be confident until we are winning games in a confident manner utilizing top 4 AFL skills and a convincing game plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stock standard 10 to 14 wins.

Will only do better than that if we get smarter and tougher on field, smarter in the coaches box and smarter in list management and recruiting.

2 very clear indicators of whether we stagnate or go backwards.
1. We continue our ******* stupid ruck strategy ie list management and selections.
2. The way we play WCE at AO, our selections and if Ken continues to make a donation to the Jeremy McGovern Benevolent Foundation.

You can tell directly from these 2 things if we are smart enough to improve.

So far Bert reckons we are bloody insane - doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

Marshall is my big hope that we can make a substantial jump from the malaise of the last 4 seasons. Get him into the gym and get him to stack on 8 to 10 kgs. I couldnt give a * if that slows him down. Get him strong enough first and then work on his speed if it effects his speed.

Stock standard 10 to 14 wins.

Will only do better than that if we get smarter and tougher on field, smarter in the coaches box and smarter in list management and recruiting.

2 very clear indicators of whether we stagnate or go backwards.
1. We continue our ******* stupid ruck strategy ie list management and selections.
2. The way we play WCE at AO, our selections and if Ken continues to make a donation to the Jeremy McGovern Benevolent Foundation.

You can tell directly from these 2 things if we are smart enough to improve.

So far Bert reckons we are bloody insane - doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

Marshall is my big hope that we can make a substantial jump from the malaise of the last 4 seasons. Get him into the gym and get him to stack on 8 to 10 kgs. I couldnt give a **** if that slows him down. Get him strong enough first and then work on his speed if it effects his speed.
Ken must be a sadist because subjecting the fans to watching long bombs into the forward-line going straight down the gullet of McGovern for 120 minutes is ******* torture. It's been the same story for 3 games over two years and no adjustments have been made, really makes you question the intelligence of the coaching staff.

And it really is a bit dire when we are pinning most of our hopes for this side on a skinny 19 year old. The kid is so smart, clean with the ball, has a lovely leg and so much potential - I really hope we can develop him properly. Could be part of the spine of our side for the next 10 years if we can get that right.

I found this article (on zerohanger.com) which might help with Predictions for 2019:-

Sportsbet reveals 2019 premiership odds
Ben Cotton -

September 2, 2018 - 1:12 pm
Richmond ($4.00) are the short favourites to win the 2019 AFL premiership, according to Sportsbet.
Currently paying $2.25 to lift the 2018 cup ahead of the Eagles ($7.00), Sportsbet is currently backing the Tigers in to claim a three-peat.
But could Richmond’s 2019 odds change if they don’t go all the way this September?
Sportsbet has West Coast and GWS ($7.00) as equal second-favourites to win the 2019 premiership, with Sydney, Melbourne and Collingwood ($8.00) dubbed equal third-favourites.
Essendon ($10.00) and Geelong ($12.00) cap off the top eight teams judged the best chance of claiming the 2019 flag.
At the other end, Gold Coast ($251.00), Carlton ($151.00) and Brisbane ($81.00) round out the bottom three.

Sportsbet 2019 AFL premiership odds
$4.00 – Richmond
$7.00 – Sydney, GWS
$8.00 – Sydney, Melbourne, Collingwood
$10.00 – Essendon
$12.00 – Geelong
$14.00 – Hawthorn, Adelaide, Port Adelaide
$34.00 – Western Bulldogs, North Melbourne
$67.00 – St Kilda, Fremantle
$81.00 – Brisbane
$151.00 – Carlton
$250.00 – Gold Coast
Remember to gamble responsibly!

Depending on who the draft/trade/free agency period goes and who we bring in I’d be interested to move Johnson into the Midfeild (possibly even half back - that’ll probably go down well here - if Bonner goes to a wing) He chases well, applies good pressure, tough and has elite pace, but can go missing up foward a bit so would like to see him up the ground and around the ball a bit more and in positions where he can use his pace to hurt the opposition more.

At this point in time: more of the same

Good ruck, good defence and an ineffectual forward line where simple shots are missed, Dixon triple teamed, a lack of contested marks, inexplicably kicking to the smallest guy in the forward line and it gets turned over, 30 inside-50’s resulting in 3 goals, handballing instead of taking open shots...

Brisbane Lions to challenge the 8
There the best bottom 4 side I think I’ve ever seen, possibly beat ever. Put in some really good performances against better sides combine the natural development of young players with luring in Neale and maybe if they can pull of something else that hasn’t been talked about yet it’s very plausible.

2019 will be like 2004.

Meaningless dribble until September and we then actually have to do something.

Talk is essentially cheap on a cost effective basis, will be the theme for 2019.

2019 will be like 2004.

Meaningless dribble until September and we then actually have to do something.

Talk is essentially cheap on a cost effective basis, will be the theme for 2019.

Pretty much, nothing that gets said in the next 365 days means a damn thing. Time to just shut up and finish top 4 for the first time in over a decade.

So not looking forward to 2019. That is so wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back