Prediction Predictions for 2019.

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope we shift focus soon and move forward from this years last 7 games . Being 11 and 4 including dropping the Hawthorn game we should've won and the fact we beat Melbourne and Richmond means we were around the mark . Some major flaws in our game style being ultra defensive that we need to fix . A proper 2nd ruck , some more run from defence and some more games into Marshall and we shouldn't be too bad .

I hope we shift focus soon and move forward from this years last 7 games . Being 11 and 4 including dropping the Hawthorn game we should've won and the fact we beat Melbourne and Richmond means we were around the mark . Some major flaws in our game style being ultra defensive that we need to fix . A proper 2nd ruck , some more run from defence and some more games into Marshall and we shouldn't be too bad .
Think we are on a knife edge... could go either way...

"A proper 2nd ruck , some more run from defence and some more games into Marshall and we shouldn't be too bad"... pretty much my thoughts exactly.

I think about 2018 as a stop start year with a very poor 7-game finish, a number of close losses, no second ruck, basically no Rockliff, no Marshall. And still finished 12-10 with some fairly good scalps along the way.

We lose Polec but I hope we use that cap space plus a little more to land a top tier replacement (optimistically).
Billy will surely get more game time over Neade who was our second tall forward - second ruck (again optimistically)
Young defence will be a year more experienced and have Hamish back at full throttle (third time optimistically)

my prediction is we still cant hit a 20m pass into the forward line, and we are still the unforced error kings of the AFL after spending all preseason working on our forward entries......again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll be lower then that. With Wingard and Polec and thats where we finished. On a cliffs edge at the moment, could get ugly the next few years.
Nah we'll still be middling the squad isn't that bad but that's just as ugly really plus you don't get the "benefits" of bottoming out.

Nah we'll still be middling the squad isn't that bad but that's just as ugly really plus you don't get the "benefits" of bottoming out.

No the squad isn't that bad, we should be trimming the fat and going to the draft with our first picks and bringing in the best available players to improve our list with our mid picks (guys like Hunt and Hall to add pace and ball use) Not trading out Wingard.

No the squad isn't that bad, we should be trimming the fat and going to the draft with our first picks and bringing in the best available players to improve our list with our mid picks (guys like Hunt and Hall to add pace and ball use) Not trading out Wingard.
Need to nail the next two drafts for post Hinkley life

Port to miraculously turn it around based on no evidence and begin a run of back-to-back-to-back premierships, starting with 2019.

Jake Neade to win the Coleman after kicking his 100th in Round 20 at home against Adelaide. The crowd storms the oval and celebrates in the face of a dejected Daniel Talia who, like all other key defenders, has failed to contain the menancing 170cm key forward.

Karl Amon to win the Brownlow after discovering that, by turning slightly to the right, he can hit targets from near anywhere. Brian Taylor sparks a cult following of young Karl by placing extraordinary emphasis on the “Ahhmooon”.

Jasper Pittard to edge out Sam Gray for the Norm Smith honours. Pittard kicks his 20th consecutive goal on the run to give us the lead just moments before the siren sounds. After the game it’s revealed that Pittard has been playing his entire career being legally blind.

Ken Hinkley to pour a can of Coke Zero Sugar over his head as he walks down to the oval, paying homage to Mark Williams’ tie-pulling gesture. In his anything but modest speech, Hinkley proclaims that he is “the right man standing” and that he should never have been doubted. He then proceeds to drink more Coke Zero Sugar straight from the trophy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back