• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
11th

Sluggish start, turn 4W/7L at halfway mark, storm back into top eight contention in the back half, lose narrowly to Eagles away and Cats away in last few rounds to finish on 11 wins.

Goodwin extended two years on the strength of late season form and early round injury excuses.

Rinse. Repeat.

2nd, after going 16-6, before bundling ourselves out in the semis because nothing good ever happens to us.

Goodwin gets an extra 3 years.

2nd, after going 16-6, before bundling ourselves out in the semis because nothing good ever happens to us.

Goodwin gets an extra 3 years.
Yes exactly, you said it yourself in the last six words of your first sentence. Would almost prefer we came last so we can get rid of him.

11th

Sluggish start, turn 4W/7L at halfway mark, storm back into top eight contention in the back half, lose narrowly to Eagles away and Cats away in last few rounds to finish on 11 wins.

Goodwin extended two years on the strength of late season form and early round injury excuses.

Rinse. Repeat.
Hope you don't mind GOH, but I added a Poll.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think we'll finish 7-10, voted 5-8 as I think we will be good enough to sneak in and not do much else. Still a player or two short from really challenging and honestly we played some pretty unenthusiastic footy in 2019. I would have had us missing finals but there is a lot of average teams in the competition IMO and 5-12 will be another cluster*.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said after the 2018 finals it won’t be until 2021 until we will be a contender, and I’m sticking with it. Top 4

Last edited:

ABray10

All Australian
Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yes exactly, you said it yourself in the last six words of your first sentence. Would almost prefer we came last so we can get rid of him.

It is funny, he has had enough chances but I have never seen a dees premiership before. If he gave me one I would happily reward him with 10 more years of mediocrity.

In saying that I would trade 10 years of Mark Neeld as coach to watch us win one premiership.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
It is funny, he has had enough chances but I have never seen a dees premiership before. If he gave me one I would happily reward him with 10 more years of mediocrity.

In saying that I would trade 10 years of Mark Neeld as coach to watch us win one premiership.
It's the sign of desperation when somebody starts bargaining with the cosmos to get something they want. And every Dees fan is guilty of it. I'll give my left nut for a Dees flag - how about that for a bargain? It's a sacrifice I'll make for all of us.

I don't have a good feeling about this year tbh

Unless or midfield miraculously learn to hit a ******* target inside 50 and/or TMac gets back to his 2018 form we are stuffed.

The backline looks fine on paper, the midfield especially Gawn, Petracca & Oliver are genuine A+ grade but injuries to Brown & Weid up forward concern me

I have a feeling that we will be finishing 9th - 12th unless either our gameplan or midfield coaching has changed drastically in the off-season

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Well & truly capable of a 5-6 finish, but have had a shithouse run of luck in the pre-season & luck is everything these days.

If you can be 50/50 at the half way mark & get your forwards back & firing, then finals are a definite chance.

Back