• 5 - 8

Votes: 27 38.6%
  • 9 - 12

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • 13 - 18

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

At this point in time, i see no other timeline except the one where Ooze becomes coach, probably by the middle of the season. Hopefully a clean out at board level too.

I havent been this unenthused about a coming season since Neeld's second season at the helm.

2nd, after going 16-6, before bundling ourselves out in the semis because nothing good ever happens to us.

Goodwin gets an extra 3 years.
Sounds like Essendon, though does remind me of 04. Top by round 18 14-4 then lose the next 4 including Carlton falling to 5th then getting eliminated ironically being Essendon's last final win.

I think we'll finish 7-10, voted 5-8 as I think we will be good enough to sneak in and not do much else. Still a player or two short from really challenging and honestly we played some pretty unenthusiastic footy in 2019. I would have had us missing finals but there is a lot of average teams in the competition IMO and 5-12 will be another clusterfu**.
Yeah after the top 4 it's a real cluster. Hard to see who comes out. Collingwood most likely, can saints maintain it, same with the dogs.

Runners up by a 5 points after kicking 1.16 in the first quarter and conceding a goal in time on from a highly contentious 50 metre penalty awarded for a rule that doesn't even exist.

Trac to win the Norm Smith, Brownlow, and Coleman.

Carn Dees.

Has a better coaching record than Roos.
How can you say that when one has a premiership and one doesn't?

It's like saying Neil Craig has a better record than mark williams.

For what it's worth, I'm not saying Lyon is a bad coach, he has a good record. But he plays a boring as bat s**t style of footy, and twice has left clubs with aging lists without blooding youth, meaning they've bottomed right out.

How can you say that when one has a premiership and one doesn't?

It's like saying Neil Craig has a better record than mark williams.

For what it's worth, I'm not saying Lyon is a bad coach, he has a good record. But he plays a boring as bat sh*t style of footy, and twice has left clubs with aging lists without blooding youth, meaning they've bottomed right out.
Because that's pretty ******* narrow minded mate, one good day doesn't make you a better coach. Making multiple grand finals makes you a great coach, by your logic Mitch Morton is a better player than Nick Riewoldt because of flags

9th again while Richmond win another flag. Fortunately 'Premiershipmond' is more catchy than 'Ninthmelbourne' so boring people still associate them with near misses.
* you would think Richmond have won 90% of all premierships since 2000 the way they carry on

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Because that's pretty ******* narrow minded mate, one good day doesn't make you a better coach. Making multiple grand finals makes you a great coach, by your logic Mitch Morton is a better player than Nick Riewoldt because of flags
Yeah I get what you're saying, but you also have to have enough good days to make finals, then good days on your finals appearance as well.

If you ask Nick reiwoldt if he would trade careers with Mitch Morton, im nearly certain he would say yes just to get that one thing his career is missing. Buckley too.

It's irrelevant anyway, Lyon won't be coaching us. For no reason at all, I'm betting on Goodwin finishing the year as our coach and making finals.

Blind faith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's irrelevant anyway, Lyon won't be coaching us. For no reason at all, I'm betting on Goodwin finishing the year as our coach and making finals.

Blind faith.
It's sad though, isn't it? We have a team that is good enough to get into finals, but we have a coach that is nowhere near good enough to win a flag. That's like being between a rock and a hard place in terms of flag prospects. Hoping to fail to get rid of him isn't very palatable either.

After a while, wishing years away so you can have a better year next year becomes a very bad psychological state of affairs - something all Dees fans have in common. I would curse the day I committed to this God forsaken club, but I don't because being a Demon means a special form of learned helplessness that helps you to accept your fate...

Yeah I get what you're saying, but you also have to have enough good days to make finals, then good days on your finals appearance as well.

If you ask Nick reiwoldt if he would trade careers with Mitch Morton, im nearly certain he would say yes just to get that one thing his career is missing. Buckley too.

Blind faith.

Ross Lyon took StKilda to 2 GFs ( 3 with replay) and then Freo to a GF. 2 sides with pitiful finals history.

A bad bounce infront of Milne is the only thing stopping him being a premiership coach and then they took it to the Cats aswell in their great era.

If he took us over, he'd have us in a GF in 3 years from now no doubt about it.

He's gotta be the greatest coach in history without a flag.

Australia's ******* weird when it comes to picking coaches, people will take Yze over him because he could be the next Clarkson. Lyon has 3 GFs and 13 years senior coaching. He's the best coach on the market.

Somewhere between 5-10 on the ladder. No finals and goodbye Goody. No Brown and Weideman early on doesn’t help one bit. But I think we have enough to make finals and I’m going to say we’ll make the 8.

i went with 9-12 as i'm not sure we really are good enough. i think the forward half still looks problematic with the preferred key forward injuries and i'm not sure we've struck the right sort of balance up there in the last couple of years anyway. plus the midfield mix needs to change, but so far Goodwin seems to lack the brains or balls to make the changes required. hopefully Yze and Choc can work some sort of miracle there.
but ultimately it's a win/win year for mine. we either make finals or Goodwin is gone, and i'll be happy enough with either result. and if we do miss finals then i reckon someone like Ross Lyon would be brilliant for our players. he would take them to a new level imo, he's done it to two average lists before. i'd be more concerned about us having another first time coach at the wheel.

Could honestly finish anywhere between 4th and 17th. I think we're treading water a bit with Goodwin and our forwardline and the delivery into it is a massive worry still. I like the Choco addition and hoping a couple of the new kids will improve the kicking front of centre. Like Harmes back in the middle and if Salem can play more front of centre and Fritsch can kick straight we're a chance for the 8. But i see us finishing 9th-11th..

On top of the ladder with a barn storming surge into the finals, winning through to the GF, only for a mutated resurgent Covid to put the whole country into lockdown and the season cancelled.

Or finish 12th due to fact we are missing half our good forwards, the midfield remaining dumb and selfish, and a bloke called Goodwin still coaching us in round 22.

Blind faith.
Lol Reiwoldt and Buckley would love a flag on their resumes but saying they would swap careers with Morton is ******* laughable

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Back